+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
It just occurred to me that they never requested me to hand-over the photo copies of the passports which they requested us to carry along during our test invites. Officer never asked for the photo copies but just checked the original passports for the entry-exit stamps. And then returned the passports. I forgot to offer the copies that I had made. Not sure if this will delay the process (as in, they would now request us to provide copies). Any idea anyone?

Also, they said they are going to check my wife's travel records from their side. Reason being, she had visited US twice but as we know, there is no "arrival" stamp when you return to Canada. You can enter simply by scanning your PR card without meeting any immigration officers. So they want to make sure the dates we noted as "returning to canada" is correct as per their records. Although I had one vist to US, they said they wont bother to check mine as I just visited once. I can see this could possibly further delay our oath.

Anyone out there who had similar experience?

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_jy said:
Where did everyone go? Still hoping that someone would share their experience / thoughts on my last question.
No it is not important. If they needed copies they would asked for it.

They just want you to go there prepared. They did not take my friends' copies either.

Good Luck and keep the forum posted if you hear anything about your oath date.

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
armesana said:
No it is not important. If they needed copies they would asked for it.

They just want you to go there prepared. They did not take my friends' copies either.

Good Luck and keep the forum posted if you hear anything about your oath date.
Thanks Armesana, for sharing the experience. +1 for you on that.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in looking at my test invite, i am being instructed only to bring in the originals, it does not say anything about bringing photocopies. is this something that was explicity mentioned on your letter?

thanks for your response

cecapplied

regina_jy said:
It just occurred to me that they never requested me to hand-over the photo copies of the passports which they requested us to carry along during our test invites. Officer never asked for the photo copies but just checked the original passports for the entry-exit stamps. And then returned the passports. I forgot to offer the copies that I had made. Not sure if this will delay the process (as in, they would now request us to provide copies). Any idea anyone?

Also, they said they are going to check my wife's travel records from their side. Reason being, she had visited US twice but as we know, there is no "arrival" stamp when you return to Canada. You can enter simply by scanning your PR card without meeting any immigration officers. So they want to make sure the dates we noted as "returning to canada" is correct as per their records. Although I had one vist to US, they said they wont bother to check mine as I just visited once. I can see this could possibly further delay our oath.

Anyone out there who had similar experience?

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
cecapplied said:
in looking at my test invite, i am being instructed only to bring in the originals, it does not say anything about bringing photocopies. is this something that was explicity mentioned on your letter?

thanks for your response

cecapplied
Yes, it clearly stated to bring in the copies.

ironmat500

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I am the last person from Dec 2013. I'll be Canadian hopefully by end of this month.

Just for the record.