+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Folks - We (me and my wife) have received an invitation for test scheduled on Wednesday Feb 25 @ 9am in Saskatoon. It is strange as we are residents of Regina (200+ odd kms from Saskatoon) but are required to go to S'toon to write the test. I had few of my friends who recently (few months back) were able to write their test here in Regina.

I have 2 kids and it will be difficult to drive with them in this weather, stay overnight and appear for exam. Also we do not hav any close family/friends in S'toon who can look after our kids while we are gone for test / interview. I am going to call them and request to reschedule our test in Regina if at all this is possble. Anyone had faced any similar situation or requested CIC to reschedule for other valida reasons?

And btw, no update in ecas as yet.. just received invites in mails yesterday....

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi regina jj,
My advise to y that ,
Put your kids ,on one complete day on baby sit,,,,,thats batter for you.
And have that day as a vecation, it is a best option ,because now a days, it becomes very complicated with citizenship apprently.
( try to get a good baby sit through kijiji,or ask from your coullege or relitive for that favour.......

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On average how long after test date applicants get their oath invitations specifically in western Canada?

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
regina_jy said:
Folks - We (me and my wife) have received an invitation for test scheduled on Wednesday Feb 25 @ 9am in Saskatoon. It is strange as we are residents of Regina (200+ odd kms from Saskatoon) but are required to go to S'toon to write the test. I had few of my friends who recently (few months back) were able to write their test here in Regina.

I have 2 kids and it will be difficult to drive with them in this weather, stay overnight and appear for exam. Also we do not hav any close family/friends in S'toon who can look after our kids while we are gone for test / interview. I am going to call them and request to reschedule our test in Regina if at all this is possble. Anyone had faced any similar situation or requested CIC to reschedule for other valida reasons?

And btw, no update in ecas as yet.. just received invites in mails yesterday....
If I were you I would call CIC and find out why the schedule for Saskatoon. I think mistake been made somewhere. Please call CIC and find out. It is not normal to schedule someone so far.

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
poushi24 said:
If I were you I would call CIC and find out why the schedule for Saskatoon. I think mistake been made somewhere. Please call CIC and find out. It is not normal to schedule someone so far.
I called them yesterdy and call center agent said that she cant see anything scheduled in Regina for 2015 AS OF NOW.. so may be, that was the reason I was scheduled to go to s'toon for test and interview... She suggested if I really cant make it there, I should fax their s'toon office and let them know with the reasoning. And in that case, they will decide about rescheduling.... but they will atleast take couple of weeks to decide and by tht time, my test date will be close enough.... we are thinking of gng there and finish the process hopefully, once and for all...

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
regina_jy said:
I called them yesterdy and call center agent said that she cant see anything scheduled in Regina for 2015 AS OF NOW.. so may be, that was the reason I was scheduled to go to s'toon for test and interview... She suggested if I really cant make it there, I should fax their s'toon office and let them know with the reasoning. And in that case, they will decide about rescheduling.... but they will atleast take couple of weeks to decide and by tht time, my test date will be close enough.... we are thinking of gng there and finish the process hopefully, once and for all...
Good luck and hope for best.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
regina_jy said:
I think you are taking the right approach - get it done and over with! It's too bad there's additional time and expense for you, but never needing to deal with CIC ever again will be worth it!

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
IvanP said:
I think you are taking the right approach - get it done and over with! It's too bad there's additional time and expense for you, but never needing to deal with CIC ever again will be worth it!
yes, IvanP, that is the plan. Just get it done and come clean out of the mess... :)

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_jy said:
yes, IvanP, that is the plan. Just get it done and come clean out of the mess... :)
regina_jy: when did you apply for citizenship? and when did they start processing your application? any idea. leave regina at about 6 am and you should be able to be here on time, or give yourself some extra time and drive slow... start your dive at 5: 30 am?

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
sept15 said:
regina_jy: when did you apply for citizenship? and when did they start processing your application? any idea. leave regina at about 6 am and you should be able to be here on time, or give yourself some extra time and drive slow... start your dive at 5: 30 am?
Timelines as under:
Applied: 30-Dec-2013
In process: 23-Feb-2014
Local office tranfer: around 14-Mar-2014
Test date: 25-Feb-2015

With 2 kids, we are planning to drive a night before just to avoid any last minute panic.

Can anyone tell how long the whole process could take? Just an estimate based on their personal experience.... so that we know what to tell day-care / friends who could take care of kids.... I don't think they would allow us (me and wife) to take test alternatively while one of us look after the kids... Also there is an interview process too... so likley kids wont be allowed...

If anyone could throw some light on this, that would be super great.

Cheers gang!

Maly

May 2, 2010
I believe the whole process takes less than one hour. Good luck. Louver taken the right decision.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Just got an update on ECAS: my kids were granted citizenship on January 29!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
regina_jy said:

No update in ecas even after almost a week.. I do not see a reason to worry but anyone that has similar delay in ECAS?