+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

One simple ques:

I was in Canada on the last 03 years before applying for citizenship application.

My application is in process now as per online services.

Now if I go outside of Canada for 01 week, will they query it when they will check our passport

Will it make the process lengthy if I go to any other country now for 1 wk?

Thanks all...

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I start to be worried. Sent my application December 23rd and received by December 30th. Nothing online and call center told me that, they have no record of my application. Only thing I know is my application is signed and received by Sydney on December 30th. ???

tuneful

Dec 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamedsilent said:
I start to be worried. Sent my application December 23rd and received by December 30th. Nothing online and call center told me that, they have no record of my application. Only thing I know is my application is signed and received by Sydney on December 30th. ???
Do not worry Hamed. I sent my application in November and it took 3 months to be processed.
There are some differences based on your location. Ontarian applications seems to go faster then the other provinces.

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
regina_jy said:
Checked it online and we are in process too.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2013.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 17, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2014.

But again, as one of you noticed, I can't track my wife's ECAS independently based on her client Id or PR card no. And never received a physical copy of ack letter which online reads to be sent on Dec. 17.

Called call center and they confirmed she too is in process along with me and that our file will progress simualtaneouly till the end. As well, they insisted i should request my wife to call them and check why can't she track her application online. They might be able to "fix" that if inquired specifically.

Anyone else having similar issues as I can see few could track the application of their kids sepeartely and few (like me) cant track for our partners. Please share your opinion.

Many thanks!

P.S.: Now added my details in the spreadsheet.
And now received AOR on March 7 with reads that the application has been received for 2 adults. Is this enough for us not to worry abt being unable to track my wife's application separately?

Wshaduca

Nov 15, 2013
got my acknowledgement letter and discover canada book in the mail today.

application sent: dec 13, 2013
application received: dec 20, 2013
started processing: february 25, 2014

local office: scarborough, ontario

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
Interesting….
I was going through another forum and found that after citizenship test officer asked for Entry/Exit record from a candidate who had UAE residence visa on the passport and its expiry date was within the time period they counted for residency in Canada.
Unfortunately I have the same case, I left UAE in 2010 but I got my residence visa renewed few months before final exit. Expiry date on Visa is 2013. It was cancelled ….
Now here is the question I joined a renowned bank here in Canada on 20 September 2010 as full time employee and working with the same employer since then ….. I sent the employer letter with my application.
Question is:
Should I get Entry/Exit record from UAE as I believe it will be issued by DNR (Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs)? It involve cost and I have to contact someone there as well ???? I don’t want any delay in process due to this?

Nightrider

Feb 9, 2014
Most of the people migrated from UAE get RQ.
Why? 1) Because people working in UAE can have e-gate that allows them to leave and enter UAE without showing passport at UAE airport.
2)Back in 2006(I do not remember exact date) an article was published in local news paper blaming CIC that people are working in UAE and still getting
Canadian citizenship by just landing and leaving.

After that article CIC officers started to give tough time especially for those who have valid UAE visa.

@atifakbar, Did you send T4s and Tax assessment notices with your application?

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Nightrider said:
Why? 1) Because people working in UAE can have e-gate that allows them to leave and enter UAE without showing passport at UAE airport.
2)Back in 2006(I do not remember exact date) an article was published in local news paper blaming CIC that people are working in UAE and still getting

After that article CIC officers started to give tough time especially for those who have valid UAE visa.

@ atifakbar, Did you send T4s and Tax assessment notices with your application?
Why would one send T4s and Tax assessment notices with the application when they never ask for such documents??

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nightrider said:

@ atifakbar, Did you send T4s and Tax assessment notices with your application?
I would have loved to provide these information if they would have asked for .... I just provided a letter from my employer....
Imagine if you left a country and you don't have anyone there and Embassy told you to go there to specific department ..... it happened in this case ... they asked the applicant to go and contact DNR in UAE .... and they knew it that getting there is not easy ....

please go to this link https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15003&title=cic-requesting-official-entry-exit-from-uae

and read the complete story ...

thanks

Nightrider

Feb 9, 2014
This is quite interesting. I heard similar stories all of them from Mississauga Office.
Also this means no matter what documents you provide them, still they will ask for this as they have to follow their rules/policies.

I will recommend getting the EXIT/ENTRY report.
Contact co-worker or friend, send them Passport copy with a copy of residence visa page and they should be able to do it fast.

Also for the interview, take other supporting documents with you, in case officer changes his/her mind and asks for T4 or any other document.

dgld

Mar 12, 2014
hi everyone,

first of all, good luck to all the december 2013 citizenship applicants. i was wondering if any of you have heard or encountered a case like mine. i live in calgary and have mailed my application package last december 20, 2013 at canada post. i sent it as a registered mail to the CPC at sydney with signature required. unfortunately, everytime i track the package online, the status is still in transit. the online tracking states that the package was processed in calgary on december 20 and arrived in halifax on december 24. then is shows that the package is in transit from halifax to sydney. it has been in transit from halifax to sydney since december 24 and not yet delivered as of today. that sure is a slow transit! i tried calling the canada post customer service and the csr opened a trouble ticket but they did not give me the ticket number thus i can't follow up with them. canada post took my email address and phone number they said they will call me to give an update on the status of my sent item. they also asked me to enroll my email address with canada post to receive delivery notifications once the package has been delivered. so far, i have not heard anything from canada post yet.

as i read the december 2013 applicants thread, i can sense the excitement that the applicants share in their posts. although i am glad for the december 2013 applicants, i can't help feeling sorry for myself who probably is the unluckiest person in the thread. my application package has not even been received at the CPC after almost 3 months.

best regards

dgld

superlj

Mar 21, 2013
@ dgld

It is not the first time I heard about package in transit for a long time but you should prepare for the worst. I would contact CIC with your unfortunate case. Chances are they will not reply you. I would also prepare another application with the payment you made last time.

My wife is in the same boat as you right now. She sent her passport to CPC-Ottawa using Xpresspost regional. It has been 24 hours till now the tracking history is still showing the item was accepted. Their delivery standard is 1 business day.

I will never send any vital document via CP anymore. For documents like passport I will pay extra $$ to UPS/Fedex for better services. I was not believing my package ship by CP could get lost but could not afford once - like the passport!

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Can you suggest which forum you saw the info at? I am in the same boat and have my test in 2 weeks.
thanks

atifakbar said:
Hi Everyone,
Interesting....
I was going through another forum and found that after citizenship test officer asked for Entry/Exit record from a candidate who had UAE residence visa on the passport and its expiry date was within the time period they counted for residency in Canada.
Unfortunately I have the same case, I left UAE in 2010 but I got my residence visa renewed few months before final exit. Expiry date on Visa is 2013. It was cancelled ....
Now here is the question I joined a renowned bank here in Canada on 20 September 2010 as full time employee and working with the same employer since then ..... I sent the employer letter with my application.
Question is:
Should I get Entry/Exit record from UAE as I believe it will be issued by DNR (Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs)? It involve cost and I have to contact someone there as well ???? I don't want any delay in process due to this?