+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
[size=10pt] @ aamer43[/size]

Your situation is very similar to mine... as in 2 adult applicants and some tidbits around wife's english proficiency proof.. Did CIC ever questioned the transcript/other evidences around your wife's english proficiency? They returned our package initially. Called call center what do they expect (beyond already submitted original transcript for her master's degree in English language), was told just provide us a detailed explanation letter and that is all it should need.

And then I had to provide a detailed, very detailed cover letter explaining why she does not need IELTS or LYNC based on her transcripts and college masters which all were in English. Also attached original transcipt (again), and this time added copies of bachelor/master's degree certificate and marksheets for all her 10 semesters for 5 year master degree program.

After that, no ack letter, no package return but today I could track my UID on ECAS but not hers....

Are you guys able to track both of your applications independently or just yours? Please advise...

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_jy said:

Are you guys able to track both of your applications independently or just yours? Please advise...
You can't track both independently. Tracking works for only one applicant - the other is considered to be joint applicant and has exactly the same status. They separate it out later if one person fails the test and other passes. But other than that, both applications are processed together and ECAS only shows update under one of the name (not both names independently).

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Chrysss said:
You can't track both independently. Tracking works for only one applicant - the other is considered to be joint applicant and has exactly the same status. They separate it out later if one person fails the test and other passes. But other than that, both applications are processed together and ECAS only shows update under one of the name (not both names independently).
Thanks so much for your clarifications, Chrysss! Very much appreciate it.

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
wrong...unless something changed recently....mine and my wife's id works as a different applicant....but are joint applicants.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaikat said:
wrong...unless something changed recently....mine and my wife's id works as a different applicant....but are joint applicants.
My wife and I - both appear under my name. She is unable to track. We called CIC and they confirmed that both appear under my name.

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Chrysss said:
My wife and I - both appear under my name. She is unable to track. We called CIC and they confirmed that both appear under my name.
Can you actually see your wife's name somewhere in your online ECAS as a joint applicant or something? I cannot, and that is what worries me....

Jems916

Dec 16, 2013
My husbands AOR arrived in the mail today with the Study Guide... We're excited to be on to the next step! ;D

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I received AOR and book (Discover Canada) for me and family ....

-----

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 16, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 16, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 25, 2014.

4. AOR received on March 7, 2014

------------

aamer43

May 6, 2009
regina_jy said:

Your situation is very similar to mine... as in 2 adult applicants and some tidbits around wife's english proficiency proof.. Did CIC ever questioned the transcript/other evidences around your wife's english proficiency? They returned our package initially. Called call center what do they expect (beyond already submitted original transcript for her master's degree in English language), was told just provide us a detailed explanation letter and that is all it should need.

And then I had to provide a detailed, very detailed cover letter explaining why she does not need IELTS or LYNC based on her transcripts and college masters which all were in English. Also attached original transcipt (again), and this time added copies of bachelor/master's degree certificate and marksheets for all her 10 semesters for 5 year master degree program.

After that, no ack letter, no package return but today I could track my UID on ECAS but not hers....

@regina_jy

No, CIC did not question anything at all. I am sorry to hear that they did return package initially, hope they will accept it this times.

Below is what i sent for my wife's language proficiency.

1) Bachelor's Degree Certificate (Attested photocopy from University)
2) Transcript (Attested photocopy from University)
3) Letter from the University certifying that medium of instruction was English

*** Yes we are able to track our application online independently, as i am the primary applicant so i see both "Received" (I paid the fees) & "In Process" and she can see only "In Process".

I hope this helps

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Chrysss said:
@ Chrysss

I agree with "shaikat", we applied together but we can track our applications separately, when i put my client id i get my status which has my name only and when she puts her client id, she gets her status under her name only.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ Chrysss

I agree with "shaikat", we applied together but we can track our applications separately, when i put my client id i get my status which has my name only and when she puts her client id, she gets her status under her name only.
@aamer43.

I got only one Client ID that works for both of us me and my wife .... didn't catch .... you and your wife applied together (Family or individual ?) .... if Family how did you get two different Client IDs.

I got one book one letter telling application received for 2 adults and 3 children ..... Hope all oke

thanks

aamer43

May 6, 2009
atifakbar said:
@ aamer43.

I got only one Client ID that works for both of us me and my wife .... didn't catch .... you and your wife applied together (Family or individual ?) .... if Family how did you get two different Client IDs.

I got one book one letter telling application received for 2 adults and 3 children ..... Hope all oke

thanks
@ atifakbar

Yes we did apply together (Family)

By Client ID i meant the 8 Digit ID # on the PR CARD in the format xxxx-xxxx

I think you are referring to the "Receipt Number" mentioned in the AOR that you have received OR If you are referring to the Client ID # in the AOR, if you double check it would be the same as the ID # on your PR CARD in the format xxxx-xxxx

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ atifakbar

Yes we did apply together (Family)

By Client ID i meant the 8 Digit ID # on the PR CARD in the format xxxx-xxxx

I think you are referring to the "Receipt Number" mentioned in the AOR that you have received OR If you are referring to the Client ID # in the AOR, if you double check it would be the same as the ID # on your PR CARD in the format xxxx-xxxx
Thanks @aamer43