+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@ regina_jy

thats very bad, i have read before that CIC is sending back applications where proof of language is a degree/transcript. This is against the citizenship guideline for language proof:

Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation, in Canada or abroad.

If i were you, i would send a covering letter explaining the situation as suggested by call center agent.

NOTE
I have also sent my wife's degree + transcript as proof of language so let us see if they accept it or reject it (i will share my experience as well)

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
aamer43 said:
@ regina_jy

thats very bad, i have read before that CIC is sending back applications where proof of language is a degree/transcript. This is against the citizenship guideline for language proof:

Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation, in Canada or abroad.

If i were you, i would send a covering letter explaining the situation as suggested by call center agent.

NOTE
I have also sent my wife's degree + transcript as proof of language so let us see if they accept it or reject it (i will share my experience as well)
I sure wrote a detailed explanation letter and send copies of her degree and transcripts. Time will tell whether they accept or not...

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@ regina_jy

Good Luck, do share your experience here.

Do you know if they will open the letter the day they receive it OR like citizenship application it will be open after 2 months?

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
I think they open the letters in a period of a month after receiving it. My conclusion is this, I have a friend that sent his paperwork on November 1st, received one or two days after (according to mail company) and after around 20 days, he received the package back asking for extra documents, this means they do not open right away, but if something is wrong, I am thinking we will know sooner than just the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) ::)

Now I know it depends on the work load they have, but I want to believe they are working hard and that does not depend on where you live, because we ALL applicants send the paperwork to the same office in Nova Scotia. (fingers crossed)

I haven't received anything yet so I think it is good news.

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for Citizenship on Dec 2, 2013
Application Received Dec 4. 2013 (Canada post tracker status )

namrijig

Jan 8, 2014
aamer43 said:
@ regina_jy

NOTE
They are nonsense. They returned my application and asked for document that I had already sent.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
:-\ With the upcoming changes to the Citizenship Act, do you all think that we, the December 2013 applicants, might be effected? I myself think we are going to me okay, but do feel some level of anxiety over the matter.

Jerod

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm starting to worry since I read this thread. I sent my Masters degree certificate with transcript copy which mentioned Lectured in English for (LINC) Language proof. Will they return my application to request something else such as IELTS, ESOL etc.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
:) I am going to have faith that it will all be okay. It is the only approach. We will know more on Monday. CBC is covering the story.

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
I just read one article in CBC site http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-rules-face-broad-reform-in-2014-1.2508758 and it is clear to me that it is not going to affect us because it will take some time for them to approve it. So we are still inside the 3 out of 4 years of permanent residentcy before being able to apply.

For the three points this article talks about, I am OK, I have heard of many cases of people abusing the system, and etc... not going political on you fellas, but it does not look it would affect us unless for the waiting part.

Any way the way I see it, I came here to stay so in the worst case, 2-5-10 years of waiting changes nothing, I am happy here and I want to stay here.

Best of luck for you all.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
It should be fine as long as you earned that degree from a university where English is the sole language of instruction.

rizcom123 said:
I'm starting to worry since I read this thread. I sent my Masters degree certificate with transcript copy which mentioned Lectured in English for (LINC) Language proof. Will they return my application to request something else such as IELTS, ESOL etc.