+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

RajGlen

May 26, 2014
Looking for senior members to answer this...

My current closed WP is getting over and i am travelling to India for 2 months. If i receive the PPR via email,

a) Can i submit passport for me and my family in India?
b) If i am have travelled back to Canada (BOWP & Visa) and they are in India, can they submit their passports in India & i submit mine in Canada?

Generally, the passport request gives us 60 days to send the passport. Is this timeline extendable?

Thanks in advance.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
RajGlen said:
Looking for senior members to answer this...

My current closed WP is getting over and i am travelling to India for 2 months. If i receive the PPR via email,

a) Can i submit passport for me and my family in India?
b) If i am have travelled back to Canada (BOWP & Visa) and they are in India, can they submit their passports in India & i submit mine in Canada?

Generally, the passport request gives us 60 days to send the passport. Is this timeline extendable?

Thanks in advance.
Based on the below details from my PPR request you can submit at other office as well. But You have to intimate them via email and it will take some time from them to response. It might take 4 days to 30 days.

"If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office."

To answer your questions :
a) Can i submit passport for me and my family in India? Yes you can submit the passports at New Delhi. you have to email CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca.
b) If i am have travelled back to Canada (BOWP & Visa) and they are in India, can they submit their passports in India & i submit mine in Canada? Yes you can submit the passports at New Delhi only for family members. you have to email CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca.

Generally, the passport request gives us 60 days to send the passport. Is this timeline extendable? -- If you have a genuine reason for extending I beleive you can drop them an email explaining your situation. But take this as a last option.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
RajGlen said:
Hi Siri,

Can you tell us your last document submission date, AOR date, application sent date?

Want to understand if each of us might be close followers.
Last document I submitted was my child birth certificate. But recently I have applied for TRV and I assume they either contacted VO officers or they might have seen my statuses all as passed and issued me a passport request.

I cannot tell for sure that I got PPR request just because of applying TRV but there is a link between those two applications. Luckily the guy who saw the statuses of my PR application as all passed has issued me a PPR request.

So to everyone, if you think all your statuses are passed in your GCMS notes then apply for TRV and if you are lucky you might get a PPR request.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
siriPR2014 said:
Last document I submitted was my child birth certificate. But recently I have applied for TRV and I assume they either contacted VO officers or they might have seen my statuses all as passed and issued me a passport request.

I cannot tell for sure that I got PPR request just because of applying TRV but there is a link between those two applications. Luckily the guy who saw the statuses of my PR application as all passed has issued me a PPR request.

So to everyone, if you think all your statuses are passed in your GCMS notes then apply for TRV and if you are lucky you might get a PPR request.
Congrats for your PPR .

To me there is no correlation and doesn't make any sense . Its just a coincidence that it happened this way . How many of other people experienced the same ? Please avoid making any assumptions .

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Gurindar said:
Congrats for your PPR .

To me there is no correlation and doesn't make any sense . Its just a coincidence that it happened this way . How many of other people experienced the same ? Please avoid making any assumptions .
Again Congrats.

You can't make that assumption and I agree with Gurindar here. It is probably best if we do not overload CIC with unnecessary applications or workload.

Bethwaite

Oct 17, 2014
Hi guys

New to the forum and a lot of the lingo you have all been throwing around. I applied December 2nd last year with my partner on my visa.

Paid RPRF and now waiting. Medical done and received. Reading between the lines we all seem to progress roughly as a group. Anyone any idea when we may strt moving? Noticed November are all getting stamped at the moment.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Dr_Midnite said:
Again Congrats.

You can't make that assumption and I agree with Gurindar here. It is probably best if we do not overload CIC with unnecessary applications or workload.
Gurindar said:
Congrats for your PPR .

Guys -- Gurindar and Dr_Midnite,

I am not bothered if its make sense to you guys or not but the fact is that there is a link between those two applications.

If you see the below content from link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp ( Click on offices that processes applications)

The same office processes the applications for both TRV and PR visa.

The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S

Also I am the only person in December applicants who got the PPR request. If so many December applicants would have got this PPR request on October 15th then I would assume that this might be a coincidence.

@ Dr_Midnite -- I don't understand what do you mean by do not overload CIC with unecessary application.
If you have plans to visit India and you are not sure when you will get the PPR request. Won't you apply for TRV?

Again at least if one guy gets benefited for the time I spent in posting these comments, I would be more happy. I am not bothered if the above content still doesn't make any sense to you guys. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

vmehndi

Jul 7, 2014
siriPR2014 said:
Hurraaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I got my PPR request today at 10:15 PM............ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

My ECAS status is still in progress...
Many Congratulations, please provide details on milestone dates? when was the RPRF?

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
siriPR2014 said:
Guys -- Gurindar and Dr_Midnite,

I am not bothered if its make sense to you guys or not but the fact is that there is a link between those two applications.

If you see the below content from link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp ( Click on offices that processes applications)

The same office processes the applications for both TRV and PR visa.

The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S

Also I am the only person in December applicants who got the PPR request. If so many December applicants would have got this PPR request on October 15th then I would assume that this might be a coincidence.

@ Dr_Midnite -- I don't understand what do you mean by do not overload CIC with unecessary application.
If you have plans to visit India and you are not sure when you will get the PPR request. Won't you apply for TRV?

Again at least if one guy gets benefited for the time I spent in posting these comments, I would be more happy. I am not bothered if the above content still doesn't make any sense to you guys. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
I have the benefit of not requiring a PPR requirement as from a visa exempt country, it's also pretty safe to say I won't be visiting India. Believe it or not there are other nationalities using this forum.

You have your opinion but I would say this is nothing more than a coincidence.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Dr_Midnite said:
I have the benefit of not requiring a PPR requirement as from a visa exempt country, it's also pretty safe to say I won't be visiting India. Believe it or not there are other nationalities using this forum.

You have your opinion but I would say this is nothing more than a coincidence.
I second that , @ Siri and There is world outside this forum too , How do you know you are the only one?? As you have used "Bothered" too much :p :p , My question is why you were bothered about pulling your TRV application Back , as both are interlinked CIC will return it as you already got PPR , M i right ???

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When was the last time anyone in Dec had any activity at all from CIC? MR, PPR, CoPR etc etc

Anyone progressed to DM lately? Weeks are turning in to months lately. It's brutal.

aks2013

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Digital_Tofu said:
When was the last time anyone in Dec had any activity at all from CIC? MR, PPR, CoPR etc etc

Anyone progressed to DM lately? Weeks are turning in to months lately. It's brutal.
Few of our group (who already had DM status) got PPR on 26th Sep , the same time when most of us received RPRF. After that its silence again. Only 1 member (SiriPR) got PPR request last week.

Not sure anybody got DM status in ECAS.

Lets pray for good news before this month end...

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Its a matter of time guys. We will all think about the today's situation in next year and will be laughing on our selves that how worried we were in 2014.

We have passed the long journey and we are almost there. Hope for the best.

Let's see this Tuesday. Hope PPRs will start flowing this week....