+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

AMG

Sep 23, 2014
hello everyone
I would like to share my CEC permanent residence application status within Canada Ontario is as follow.

Applied December 22, 2013
Application Received December 30, 2013
Received App No. in Feb,2014
In Feb, 2014 I went back to india got married, after coming back updated immigration(Ottawa) about my marriage, and applied for my wife as well. Then they sent me an email and gave me and my wife questionnaire to prove that my marriage is genuine. I completed all the documents and submitted.
Received medical for me and my wife in mid July and by the end of july it says online medicals received.
I checked few days ago my application status now it says "in process" and on the top it says we started processing your application on September9,2014.

Do you guys know what would be the next step and how long it takes after it says "In Process"

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
AMG said:
hello everyone
I would like to share my CEC permanent residence application status within Canada Ontario is as follow.

In Feb, 2014 I went back to india got married, after coming back updated immigration(Ottawa) about my marriage, and applied for my wife as well. Then they sent me an email and gave me and my wife questionnaire to prove that my marriage is genuine. I completed all the documents and submitted.
Received medical for me and my wife in mid July and by the end of july it says online medicals received.
I checked few days ago my application status now it says "in process" and on the top it says we started processing your application on September9,2014.

Do you guys know what would be the next step and how long it takes after it says "In Process"

Wish anybody knew how long does it take to go from "In-process" to DM status.
Most of us have been waiting for months to see that change.

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
AMG said:
hello everyone

Hi
You are lucky atleast you receive medical email but In my case I got married before I submit my application which is December 17,2013 application received and just receive 1 email for additional docs (T4 AND Notcie of assessment) in 15 August after this no email or anything received till yet

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

No one can tell you at the moment how long it will take to go from “In Process” to “Decision Made”. My file changed to in process early July, ECAS updated to “Medicals Received” at the end of July.

At the moment it is just a waiting game, it is good that they have updated ECAS to show your application moved to in process on September 9th, there has not been much activity at all recently.

Thx

A

E.kawas

Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

My application has been sent in November 2013 but it was posted on the website as follows:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 20, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on July 8, 2014

On July 8th they asked me for supporting documentation via email, I sent them supporting documenttion immediately and they recieved it according to Canada post. however since then I didnt hear anything back despite my calls and my emails. shouldnt I be expecting a confirmtation that the supporting documentation is what they needed for a complete package nd mve it forward to "in process"? , non of that happened...the online service has not been update after July 8th, now my work permit is expiring in Dec and I dont know what to do. when I called the CIC they said I should wait for a PR status update and after December ask my employer to do an LMO for me then apply to extend my work permit. I really dont want to get my employer involved. any help will be appreciated

Thanks

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
E.kawas said:
Hello,

My application has been sent in November 2013 but it was posted on the website as follows:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 20, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on July 8, 2014

On July 8th they asked me for supporting documentation via email, I sent them supporting documenttion immediately and they recieved it according to Canada post. however since then I didnt hear anything back despite my calls and my emails. shouldnt I be expecting a confirmtation that the supporting documentation is what they needed for a complete package nd mve it forward to "in process"? , non of that happened...the online service has not been update after July 8th, now my work permit is expiring in Dec and I dont know what to do. when I called the CIC they said I should wait for a PR status update and after December ask my employer to do an LMO for me then apply to extend my work permit. I really dont want to get my employer involved. any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Apply for BOWP.

lenininy2k

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
E.kawas said:
There is a field in the BOWP for an LMO number is it ok if I put NA in it or leave it blank ?
Below link has all information you need to apply BOWP. Write N/A than leave it blank.
For Employer, Work Location etc., write "BOWP application - Not Applicable" and if you're applying for spouse write "Spousal Open Work Permit - Not Applicable".

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
December PNP guys got PPR request a hour back.. Any luck for CEC december applicants???

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
siriPR2014 said:
December PNP guys got PPR request a hour back.. Any luck for CEC december applicants???
Thank you for bringing the good news!!! let's hope for good time for CEC applicants as well.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
ARMIST said:
Thank you for bringing the good news!!! let's hope for good time for CEC applicants as well.

Great new! lets keep fingers crossed...

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
lenininy2k said:
Below link has all information you need to apply BOWP. Write N/A than leave it blank.
For Employer, Work Location etc., write "BOWP application - Not Applicable" and if you're applying for spouse write "Spousal Open Work Permit - Not Applicable".

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html
THis is correct, the employer is not in the loop for the BOWP, as it says in the name its an Open permit not closed. This is for the CEC category to bridge the status gap and allow freedom of employment options whilst processing is ongoing.

regs Mut