24-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
05-08-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014 ECAS status on 18-08-2014 - medical received, RPRF recd 26-09-2014, paid same day
canadacec123 said:
Don't worry. I am here from December 20. Till July waiting was fine. But this month is so stressful. :(
I know ..it was stressful for me too.

I have suggestion - Start thinking what changes you had since you applied and see if you can come up with anything.

Go over the forms or supporting documents and see if you see any gap. I did the same and found that I hadnt submitted my wife's new passport copy and other things.

Since we applied 8 months ago, things might have changed. Our perspectives change too. So over the weekend just browse through. If after this little review you find that you have sent everything, then just kick back and relax. Trust me your case is in perfect position.

Good Luck
luvcanvisa

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
luvcanvisa said:
I know ..it was stressful for me too.

I have suggestion - Start thinking what changes you had since you applied and see if you can come up with anything.

Go over the forms or supporting documents and see if you see any gap. I did the same and found that I hadnt submitted my wife's new passport copy and other things.

Since we applied 8 months ago, things might have changed. Our perspectives change too. So over the weekend just browse through. If after this little review you find that you have sent everything, then just kick back and relax. Trust me your case is in perfect position.

Good Luck
luvcanvisa
Thank you for the suggestion and good wishes. I have few changes (like my wife moved to Canada on OWP, my new passport etc.) to report to CIC but my lawyer told me that we will report these to CIC on our next communication. Hence, wait with the hope. :)

prasga

Jul 6, 2014
Just received MR

Application Received: 6th December 2013
AOR Received : 24th Jan 2014
MR Received: 25th July 2014

Good Luck to all December 6th Applicants .. looks like things are moving now :)

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
Congrats! This gives me hope... :)

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
Hie Friends,
I am willing to apply of for Canadian Experience class and my question is i m working for an employer as a manager since July on off campus work permit as a full time employee.( i have my T4 and NOA from july till December) I got a letter of graduation from the college Registrar stating i graduated on 7th of August. so if i apply for CEC with the Reference letter provided by my employer dated 8th August do i qualify under Canadian Experience Class qualifying work experience...... and if yes how should i explain this to the visa officer?
Thanking you all in advance..

felixfinch

Jun 25, 2013
To qualify for CEC you need one years skilled work experience, full time (40 hours per week, every week).

Do you know your NOC code? You will need this www5 DOT hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

Are you allowed to work full time using an off-campus work permit? Does this not imply you were a student and should have been studying full time and working part time?

As long as you did not do anything unlawful (re the off-campus work permit) and worked full time for 1 year + in a skilled occupation as defined by your NOC code, I do not see that you have anything special to explain to CIC, simply submit as normal.

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
felixfinch said:
To qualify for CEC you need one years skilled work experience, full time (40 hours per week, every week).

Do you know your NOC code? You will need this www5 DOT hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

Are you allowed to work full time using an off-campus work permit? Does this not imply you were a student and should have been studying full time and working part time?

As long as you did not do anything unlawful (re the off-campus work permit) and worked full time for 1 year + in a skilled occupation as defined by your NOC code, I do not see that you have anything special to explain to CIC, simply submit as normal.

My Noc code is "0" and yes i was allowed to work full time on my off campus work permit bcoz i was done with my school the reason behind my question was i received my post grad permit in first week of october and i am willing to apply in August as my graduation letter has a 7th august as my date of graduation.

I called cic call center agents they said yes you can apply but i m not sure if it it is right info, and if yes i know officer will be confused as 2 months of work experience will be on my off campus work permit so i want to make sure i m doing the right thing and also wanna know the best way to explain my situation to the officer.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
felixfinch said:
To qualify for CEC you need one years skilled work experience, full time (40 hours per week, every week).I am sorry to correct you but one should have 30hr/week to be counted as full time.

Reference to CIC.
cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=664&t=6

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Maxwell 12345 said:
My Noc code is "0" and yes i was allowed to work full time on my off campus work permit bcoz i was done with my school the reason behind my question was i received my post grad permit in first week of october and i am willing to apply in August as my graduation letter has a 7th august as my date of graduation.

I called cic call center agents they said yes you can apply but i m not sure if it it is right info, and if yes i know officer will be confused as 2 months of work experience will be on my off campus work permit so i want to make sure i m doing the right thing and also wanna know the best way to explain my situation to the officer.
If you had off campus work permit after August 7 (your graduation date) then you work legally and you can claim this under 12 month work.

An excerpt from the CIC about legal work:
Any period of employment during which the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g. work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student and on-campus work permits).

An excerpt from the CIC about eligibility to work full time on off-campus after graduation:
Students can apply for a post-graduation work permit—a one-time opportunity—during the 90-day
transition period on completion of their academic program if they fulfill all of the requirements for the
Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Since the validity period of an off-campus work permit is usually
the same as the student’s study period (the duration of the academic program plus 90 days), they do
not have to surrender their off-campus work permit to apply. They can continue to work under the Off-
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Campus Work Permit provided that they hold both a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work
permit. Employment during this transition period can be full time.

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
canadacec123 said:
If you had off campus work permit after August 7 (your graduation date) then you work legally and you can claim this under 12 month work.

An excerpt from the CIC about legal work:
Any period of employment during which the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g. work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student and on-campus work permits).

An excerpt from the CIC about eligibility to work full time on off-campus after graduation:
Students can apply for a post-graduation work permit—a one-time opportunity—during the 90-day
transition period on completion of their academic program if they fulfill all of the requirements for the
Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Since the validity period of an off-campus work permit is usually
the same as the student's study period (the duration of the academic program plus 90 days), they do
not have to surrender their off-campus work permit to apply. They can continue to work under the Off-
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Campus Work Permit provided that they hold both a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work
permit. Employment during this transition period can be full time.
Thanks Bro but how should i explain this to the officer?

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Maxwell 12345 said:
Thanks Bro but how should i explain this to the officer?
I do not find that specific information on the CIC website. In my opinion, you can just explain that your graduation date and your work following that. This is what I did when I applied in December. My PGWP was started in Feb sometime but I graduated in December and start working full time on my OCWP in December. So I put my application in December. Having said that I am still waiting for my MR from CIC.

However, I talked to the two lawyers and confirmed 4-5 times (sometime you get the different answer) with CIC call centre agent and answer remained consistent every time.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Hey Guys!
I have a question about the schedule 8 form. When I submitted my schedule 8 form I mentioned only my skilled work that I was claiming for CEC.

But, in 2012 and 2013, during and after my studies in Canada I did work for some agencies like on call basis. They used to call me for some general work based on their requirement. That was my authorised work though as I had off-campus and post-graduation work permit. I did not mention that work in my Schedule 8 form. However, I did submit my all 2012 T4 forms (from agencies and my companies) with my application. I did not submit my 2013 T4 forms (neither from agencies nor from Company) because I did not have those in December.

Catch is: There is inconsistencies between my schedule 8 (mentioned only one employer i.e. my skilled work) and submitted 2012 T4 form from Agency (general job) + Current Employer (Skilled Job). Would that cause any issue?

I also forget to mention that general work in my personal history. But there is no gap in my history because general work that I did was during my studies and skilled job.

Thanks....

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
canadacec123 said:
Hey Guys!
I have a question about the schedule 8 form. When I submitted my schedule 8 form I mentioned only my skilled work that I was claiming for CEC.

But, in 2012 and 2013, during and after my studies in Canada I did work for some agencies like on call basis. They used to call me for some general work based on their requirement. That was my authorised work though as I had off-campus and post-graduation work permit. I did not mention that work in my Schedule 8 form. However, I did submit my all 2012 T4 forms (from agencies and my companies) with my application. I did not submit my 2013 T4 forms (neither from agencies nor from Company) because I did not have those in December.

Catch is: There is inconsistencies between my schedule 8 (mentioned only one employer i.e. my skilled work) and submitted 2012 T4 form from Agency (general job) + Current Employer (Skilled Job). Would that cause any issue?

I also forget to mention that general work in my personal history. But there is no gap in my history because general work that I did was during my studies and skilled job.

Thanks....

I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be an issue which I highly doubt, but when my lawyer was working on my application he said that I have to mention everything I did here in Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
canadacec123 said:
Hey Guys!

Thanks....
Hi,

the schedule 8 form asks for skilled work experience only, so only mention work experience you're
counting towards the 12 months minimum on this form.
BUT you have to mention each and every job on the background declaration form.

T.