+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

Edgar18

Oct 1, 2014
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

Is this lawyer reputable?

One of the earlier posts does say the instructions from CIC are clear. If you need to make alternative arrange,wants for visa processing you are to notify them. It's not a problem but you need to let them know.

The problem is when you signed the use of representative form all correspondence will go direct to your lawyer. If you go into your ECAS you will see the correspondence address, I think you can change this within ECAS.

Thx

The lawyer is from a reputed firm only. The most irritating part is i cannot send mail to CIC from my mail id due to the representation clause. Let me see if i get a reply from them today else will be sending my passport to Ottawa and will attach a letter in it about changing the VO for my wife. In these 3 or 4 days if my lawyer sends the email then it would be good enough.

cecpr1304

Oct 30, 2014
Need suggestion Guys. I am a December 2013 applicant and I was asked for Police clearance certificate by CIC in July along with my medical request. But my attorney lost my original pcc twice and I am still stuck at the point where CIC does not have my PCC to proceed further even after 3 months of their request. The latest PCC that she lost was 4 weeks ago and I got to know this yesterday.

Could somebody please help me whether there is any issue in sending the PCC myself to CIC rather than going through my attorney. Because I don't trust her at all now and its very frustrating that people who had applied in March have received PPR and I am still running around for PCC. I hope they don't cancel my application because of her carelessness.Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
cecpr1304 said:
Need suggestion Guys. I am a December 2013 applicant and I was asked for Police clearance certificate by CIC in July along with my medical request. But my attorney lost my original pcc twice and I am still stuck at the point where CIC does not have my PCC to proceed further even after 3 months of their request. The latest PCC that she lost was 4 weeks ago and I got to know this yesterday.

Could somebody please help me whether there is any issue in sending the PCC myself to CIC rather than going through my attorney. Because I don't trust her at all now and its very frustrating that people who had applied in March have received PPR and I am still running around for PCC. I hope they don't cancel my application because of her carelessness.Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.
You can always send any document by your-self to the CIC. I had a talk with the CIC call center agent and he confirms me that principle applicant and his representative are allowed to communicate with CIC. You can not communicate with CIC on your dependent's behalf (if any) because your dependent authorised your lawyer not you.

If you want to submit the document on your dependent's behalf then you need to get the authorisation from your dependent to do so.

redgdon

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
cecpr1304 said:

I'd suggest a new lawyer, the one you have sounds incompetent. I'd also be reporting her to her professional standards board and pursuing her for any additional money you've had to spend on PCC's because she's "lost" the originals.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status just changed to Decision Made! Finally!!!!! Its been such a long time between medicals received and getting my DM.

Can anyone advise me of the time it would generally take to get the CoPR documents in the mail after your status has changed to Decision Made? I'm assuming that is the next step? After that I can do my landing?

Thanks!

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Digital_Tofu said:
My status just changed to Decision Made! Finally!!!!! Its been such a long time between medicals received and getting my DM.

Can anyone advise me of the time it would generally take to get the CoPR documents in the mail after your status has changed to Decision Made? I'm assuming that is the next step? After that I can do my landing?

Thanks!
Congrats , If you are visa exempt country you will get COPR in mail and of course you can land then :)

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gurindar said:
Congrats , If you are visa exempt country you will get COPR in mail and of course you can land then :)
I am from a visa exempt country. Do you know how long the documents take to arrive at all? would be be waiting a week or a month or more?

felixfinch

Jun 25, 2013
For my girlfriend, the letter turned up a week after the 'Decision Made' date. This was from Novia Scotia to Vancouver, so it might be bit quicker if the mailing distance is shorter.

cecpr1304

Oct 30, 2014
canadacec123 said:
You can always send any document by your-self to the CIC. I had a talk with the CIC call center agent and he confirms me that principle applicant and his representative are allowed to communicate with CIC. You can not communicate with CIC on your dependent's behalf (if any) because your dependent authorised your lawyer not you.

If you want to submit the document on your dependent's behalf then you need to get the authorisation from your dependent to do so.
Thank you so much for the quick response canadacec123. Could you please give me the address to which I can send the PCC or any other link where I can find these details.

dev_CEC

Oct 10, 2014
Congrats to all those who have received PPR's
Can you guys please share if the due date on latest GCMS notes matched with the date when you received the PPR.
I am still waiting for my PPR anxiously.

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
felixfinch said:
For my girlfriend, the letter turned up a week after the 'Decision Made' date. This was from Novia Scotia to Vancouver, so it might be bit quicker if the mailing distance is shorter.
Was this recently or a while back?

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Digital_Tofu said:
I am from a visa exempt country. Do you know how long the documents take to arrive at all? would be be waiting a week or a month or more?
Mine just changed to DM as well, I only have a month left on my current visa so I hope it's soon to save having to apply for BOWP! I don't think anyone in this batch of DM's has received their CoPR yet but here is hoping they come soon. I did have a friend a few months ago who had his status change to DM then it took 2 months until he got his CoPR but I think his case was an anomaly. Fingers crossed they start showing up in the post soon :)

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greg123 said:
Mine just changed to DM as well, I only have a month left on my current visa so I hope it's soon to save having to apply for BOWP! I don't think anyone in this batch of DM's has received their CoPR yet but here is hoping they come soon. I did have a friend a few months ago who had his status change to DM then it took 2 months until he got his CoPR but I think his case was an anomaly. Fingers crossed they start showing up in the post soon :)
2 months!!! oh man. I know they have a lot of paperwork to get through, but 2 months to print and send off a document! I am going on an overseas vacation in early December, so I am hoping that I can land on my return from that trip. I currently live in Canada.