+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DEC 22 ITA Recipients >>>> Converge HERE For Next Steps

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BIZZIB said:
Yes. I do have an offer letter for the permanent job I'm having here. I'm in Canada on this job for past 3+ years. In addition to this company issues me a employment verification letter which talks about my designation, permanency, salary etc etc...
My question is, do I need a letter summarizing all my experience for past 10 years ? which I think will be tough to get.
Only for the job for which you're claiming a valid job offer.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
BIZZIB said:
Yes. I do have an offer letter for the permanent job I'm having here. I'm in Canada on this job for past 3+ years. In addition to this company issues me a employment verification letter which talks about my designation, permanency, salary etc etc...
My question is, do I need a letter summarizing all my experience for past 10 years ? which I think will be tough to get.
Are you claiming points for past work experience? You have to provide reference letters for all of the work experience you're claiming points for in the last 10 years.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BIZZIB said:
Let me break it down for you.

Letter of Employment :

You will need to provide this letter for each work experience record you have under Work History tab in your EE profile.
The letter must contain Job duties, Employment length, salary and has to be printed on company letter head.

Offer of Employment :

This letter is required only if you claim 50/200 additional points for Valid Job Offer(Job supported by LMIA or Supported by LMIA exempt WP like ICT of NAFTA - PGWP is not eligible). This letter is only required if you have answered YES for question under Intended Work in Canada.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:

Letter of Employment :

You will need to provide this letter for each work experience record you have under Work History tab in your EE profile.
The letter must contain Job duties, Employment length, salary and has to be printed on company letter head.

Offer of Employment :

This letter is required only if you claim 50/200 additional points for Valid Job Offer(Job supported by LMIA or Supported by LMIA exempt WP like ICT of NAFTA - PGWP is not eligible). This letter is only required if you have answered YES for question under Intended Work in Canada.
Incorrect.

Employment records is where the applicant has to provide the reference letter for each work experience in the work history section.

Letter of employment is only needed for the employment where one is claiming a valid job offer (Same for offer of employment.)

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
hello seniors,

do we need to include part time jobs we did while studying in pr application?
I worked as note taker while I was in college?
is it mandatory to include that information?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Incorrect.

Employment records is where the applicant has to provide the reference letter for each work experience in the work history section.

Letter of employment is only needed for the employment where one is claiming a valid job offer (Same for offer of employment.)
Thanks for correction, I thought Letter of Employment is same as Reference letter.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snig said:
hello seniors,

do we need to include part time jobs we did while studying in pr application?
I worked as note taker while I was in college?
is it mandatory to include that information?
If you're not claiming points for it simply add it in the personal history section once you receive your ITA.

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
no I did not include that in claiming points, I have 1 year experience in Canadian company on which I have applied for pr

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
Batman_is_Real said:

Letter of Employment :

Offer of Employment :

I'm pretty sure if you select NO and have a PGWP, you are eligible to apply just not get the 50 points.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepilot said:
I'm pretty sure if you select NO and have a PGWP, you are eligible to apply just not get the 50 points.
I meant PGWP is not eligible for 50/200 additional points for valid job offer.

BIZZIB

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Incorrect.

The problem is that, I have work experience in same company for past 10 years. 5 times in Canadian entity and 5 times in India. So do I need separate letters for all these. It's difficult to get those, as the company is same, but work location changed between India and Canada multiple times.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BIZZIB said:
The problem is that, I have work experience in same company for past 10 years. 5 times in Canadian entity and 5 times in India. So do I need separate letters for all these. It's difficult to get those, as the company is same, but work location changed between India and Canada multiple times.
My assumption is (and double check with Avisad) that you only need such letter for your Canadian experience as they want to verify that you've worked in Canada.

Pyaar Vs PR

Oct 13, 2016
Alright Guys so I have another question

My EE profile was created by my lawyer and he selected the NOC code. This was my mistake as I dint checked.

In Work history section - I showed two employments with the same company; same position but one was part time and other was full time.

I should have shown a different NOC for part time as my job duties were little different. Anyways now its done.

What documents should I include now

Last 3 pay slips?

Is only one employment reference/verification letter is fine?

Should I include offer of employment as well?

Any other documents that your esteemed brains can think of?

Thank you all!!

BIZZIB

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Probably because you claimed points for Canadian education.
Hey Asivad, need your help here.
I have work experience in same company for past 10 years. 5 times in Canadian entity and 5 times in India. So do I need separate letters for all these. It's difficult to get those, as the company is same, but work location changed between India and Canada multiple times.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have Coop related question

I studied for two years and part of that education I did two coop terms each being 4 months. My Course period Jan 2012 - Dec 2013 which I have mentioned in Education history as well as in personal history and transcript says the same.

My coop was Sep 2012 - Dec 2012 and second was May 2013-Aug 2013 both records are included as part of transcript under coop term.

My question do I have to explicitly mentioned coop activity as employment under personal history.? or since those are part of education course I don't need to mention that.

If I mention does coop falls under Employment or Educational activity .?