+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DD in Canadian Dollar in India - Help needed

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Hello,

Can some one please suggest how to get the Demand Draft in Canadian Dollar from Bangalore , India?. I approached Citibank, they told they can give it in only in US dollars. They suggested me to contact 'weizman'. I approached them but not satisfied with their replies. Also I read that various issues with DD in this forum. Hence I do not want to take any risk. Can some please suggest a reliable bank in Bangalore where I can take demand draft. This is for my initial application.

Any help is appreciated..

sumit39

Jun 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get it from HDFC bank...any branch
ICICI has specifc branch which deals with foreign currncy.

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to have an account in the bank for this?

regards,
Sudheesh.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u don't have to have an account with a particular bank to have a dd in CAD. have u tried any nationalized bank? my friend got his dd from State Bank of India. may be u can try them or u can try ur own bankers. i got my dd from Allahabad bank.

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
I have checked with a ICICI branch where they have services for NRI. But they told I need to have an account there. Haven't tried any nationalized bank yet.

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
You should be able to get from any bank, but most of the bank insist to have an account with them (though that's not the RBI norm). So your current bank should be able to give a DD. I took it from Standard Chartered Bank, Bangalore and I have an account with them. They would require any evidence why you need it, so take the application form and a copy of the guide where it says how much is the fees and payable information.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
State Bank of India and their subsidiaries will be able to issue DD in CAD. If you don't have an account they may ask PAN Card and any identity too. A passport and copy of application will be sufficient proof. Better go to the NRI Manager of the Bank or the NRI Officer, who will be able to assist you. The staff sitting at the counter may not give a proper answer.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
ICICI, HDFC and SBI all make DD in CAD. ICICI will ask for copy of passport and will make the DD against a cheque only... they will not accept cash. i don't know about others.

harryk

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear sheldon, try hdfc bank. i got mine from hdfc. having a bank account is not a prerequisite. best of luck.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheldon said:
Hello,

Can some one please suggest how to get the Demand Draft in Canadian Dollar from Bangalore , India?. I approached Citibank, they told they can give it in only in US dollars. They suggested me to contact 'weizman'. I approached them but not satisfied with their replies. Also I read that various issues with DD in this forum. Hence I do not want to take any risk. Can some please suggest a reliable bank in Bangalore where I can take demand draft. This is for my initial application.

Any help is appreciated..
Apart from nationalized banks you need to have an account with the bank in order to get a DD made. Mostly all the nationalized banks will issue you a certified cheque which will suffice. Get it done from a nationalized bank.

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
sheldon said:
I have checked with a ICICI branch where they have services for NRI. But they told I need to have an account there. Haven't tried any nationalized bank yet.
Try nationalised banks. Most of the private and MNC banks will have strict criterion on KYC norms, hence will not entertain non customers.

Danish1986

Sep 24, 2017
dear sheldon, try hdfc bank. i got mine from hdfc. having a bank account is not a prerequisite. best of luck.
Could you please share what is the service charge on DD and Is there service charge will applicable when I submit in Canadian bank?

jojo220

Feb 17, 2019
u don't hav Audacity Find My iPhone Origin e to have an account with a particular bank to have a dd in CAD. have u tried any nationalized bank? my friend got his dd from State Bank of India. may be u can try them or u can try ur own bankers. i got my dd from Allahabad bank.
A passport and copy of application will be sufficient proof. Better go to the NRI Manager of the Bank or the NRI Officer, who will be able to assist you.

anie25

May 13, 2017
Guys one question, im getting my DD from HDFC bank.so the DD should be in my name and the currency in CAD only?
Thankss