Schedule A - upfront
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
Hello,

In my case, the marriage was performed on 13th April 2012, which it was registered on 27th April 2012. The marriage certificate has the registry date, i.e. 27th April 2012. Now my questions are:

1. What date should I fill in the personal history section? 13th April or 27th April?
2. If I fill 13th April, then how do I explain to the VO that the marriage was registered two weeks later?
3. If I fill 27th April, then could there be any other consequences?

Thanks In Advance!

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
romram said:
Hello,

In my case, the marriage was performed on 13th April 2012, which it was registered on 27th April 2012. The marriage certificate has the registry date, i.e. 27th April 2012. Now my questions are:

1. What date should I fill in the personal history section? 13th April or 27th April?
2. If I fill 13th April, then how do I explain to the VO that the marriage was registered two weeks later?

Thanks In Advance!
I am VO and "I am not interested when did you celebrated your marriage ! I am also not interested what functions you had and how long are the celebrations in your area! Do you have a document that says that marriage was registered? Can you prove through documentation that your were actually married, and when? Provide us with proof "

I hope it helps. So your resgistration date is registered.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
romram said:
Hello,

Thanks In Advance!
State the actual date of the marriage and include a letter of explanation about the registration date. Not an issue.

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, the marriage certificate clearly distinguishes between the "date of solemnization of marriage" from the "date of registration of marriage".
It is normal for the two dates to be different (at least in India).
Not sure how it is in your country.
Ask around and if needed you can attach a LOE for the same.

romram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
OK so there are two conflicting opinions here. Did anyone have the same case and can tell what they did?

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
My marriage certificate also mentions date of marriage and date of registration as separately.
You should mention the date of actual marriage, with a LOE. Which country are you from?

romram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
Hello,

My Marriage certificate only lists the date of registration and not the date of ceremony. I am from India.

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
Mention the date of marriage and explain in the LOE.

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I think you should put the date of registration as you have a document to support your claim.

romram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
again everybody is giving conflicting opinions. Did anybody face a similar situation? What did you do?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
This is why people chose to have a civil marriage and declare that date as the date of marriage and have a religious marriage later on with the big party. For all official purposes, you then use the civil marriage date and certificate as religious marriages are not recognised by itself.

romram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
xpressentry said:
This is why people chose to have a civil marriage and declare that date as the date of marriage and have a religious marriage later on with the big party. For all official purposes, you then use the civil marriage date and certificate as religious marriages are not recognised by itself.
OK so according to you I should use my registered date as that is a legal date on which I got married and this would not be a misrepresentation of information, right?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
romram said:
OK so according to you I should use my registered date as that is a legal date on which I got married and this would not be a misrepresentation of information, right?
No this is for people who are yet to get married so they can have a civil marriage first and then a ceremonial religious marriage. You are already married so you would need to enter the date of marriage with a letter of explanation stating the date of registration

romram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-03-2017
xpressentry said:
But if religious marriages are not recognized by themselves, what is the harm in using the registered date?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
romram said:
again everybody is giving conflicting opinions. Did anybody face a similar situation? What did you do?
I will tell you a story to clear your thoughts, a true story and a simple rule:

I was born in 80s in a small village of Pakistan (the name of village has been changed) . My parents did not care to register my birth, as they were not concerned, and it was not important at all. There came a day in My father's career when he had to leave for Middle east as he got job there. Immediately there was a need for Birth certificates. When he contacted the local village office the guy told them that he can only register my birth with a current date as they NOW have to get the documents signed from Higher authorities. The birth date can not be back dated to my original birth date.
We had no choice and we did that. Now I do celebrate my birthday on my day of birth, however, for all the document and proof related things I still go with the date of BIRTH registration.
Could you answer me this question romram, can I not use my original birth date and explain all this mess in a letter of Explanation :)

Regards and no more input from my side. you Decide.