+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date of Birth & place of Birth are not match with passport. pls guide me....

1985Mk

Aug 16, 2012
Hi Indira,
I need to change my place of birth in my passport as well. But my passport is issued in India in 2007. Is it possible to correct it in Indian consulate in canada? PLease let me know the procedure

indira_prab said:
If you are from India, and have not sent your application yet, there is a chance that you do not need to send your birth certificates, but your application will still be accepted. You can send the passport copy as a date of birth proof.

BUT, in future, they might ask for your birth certificate. It's better to be prepared for that. If you give the passport details to CIC now, and later somehow they get to see your birth certificate, you will be in trouble.

First, how did this mismatch happen? I had a mismatch between the passport and BC on the place of birth and i had to change the details in passport. Once registered, no way you can change the details in your birth certificate, unless it's some spelling mistake. So, the best thing is to approach the nearest passport office and update your details(there is some fine involved :p) and get a fresh passport issued. I did the same thing.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Mrani

Aug 29, 2017
Hi Indira,
I need to change my place of birth in my passport as well. But my passport is issued in India in 2007. Is it possible to correct it in Indian consulate in canada? PLease let me know the procedure
And in case place of birth is matching in the passport and birth certificate but incorrect in the form. Would there be any problem in that case and also how can we correct the information in the form as file is already submitted and under processing.

Alphy

Apr 13, 2019
Yea , but as per rule we can not change birth certi & have to apply to change DOB for all other docs.& it will take much time. As I have applied in Feb,2010 & submitted docs in April,2010 under SW1. My current status is RBVO .

This conflict is with co applicant & it is a gap of 10 days so i was advised by advocate only to submit affidavit with duly notarize it.

Can they reject my case or what will be the other impact?

Honeyjack
Hi, My spouse is having similar issue with DOB in passport and other documents. Can you please tell me what happened in your case . Did affidavit solve the issue,?

pate0339

May 21, 2019
Hi All,
I would really appreciate your help on this.

I am applying file for my wife under out-land family spouse sponsorship.
I have several questions. I will try to narrate all of them here.

Question-1 : My wife's place of birth on passport is kadi and in birth certificate = Kalyanpura, Kadi.
Does this cause any issue ? if that so, what would be the possible solution ?

Question-2 : Her name is different on birth certificate which is nickname and in passport she has original name following my name.
Example, Munni Havinderbhai Patel (in birth certificate) and Payal Ketulbhai Patel (Passport).

Having affidavit and ticking yes on form imm0008 question 2 "Have you ever used any other name(eg. nickname, middle name,alias etc.)" will work?

Question -3 : She has changed passport after getting married. She had her father name in old passport.

Do i have to put yes on "Have you ever used any other name(eg. nickname, middle name,alias etc.)" ?
If i do so, i will have multiple names to disclose on IMM0008 question 2. How should i narrate this ?

All the name mentioned above is not real.

Thank you

Reactions: Malvis

Malvis

May 25, 2019
Wow! Your case is interesting. From my little experience with application forms, especially for visas, I think the change of name of your wife can create some doubt with the consulate office. I only have one of my names on my birth certificate, because on the time of issue, which was before my christening, I hadn't been given my other two names. But in my passport, I have all my three names. I've never had troubles with that as yet(I pray I don't). My last name now on my passport is my husband's surname, different from the last name on my birth certificate. These are things that they know happen with time. I think you should find an affidavit for your wife to state that she is the same person with the different names.
I wish you luck on your application.

pate0339

May 21, 2019
My wife was able to change the name on the birth certificate but still the question lies on birth of place.
She is planning to re apply for the passport as per the birth certificate as we don't want to have any trouble in future.
Anyway thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I have a same problem of DOB of my wife where all prrof shows 24.07 except birth certi which shows 04.08 , so gap of 10 days, which makes my wife 10 days older in age...

What i did in last year, made an affidavit on stamp paper & notarize it....& submit all proofs duly notarized ( PP, PAN card, LC, Licence) which have same date & also birth certi which has different date along with affidavit....

I think better to show everything instead of hiding anything...

Can anybody advice what will be the impact on my case?
Honeyjack :)
Hey Honeyjack,
Can you share the affidavit format? Also wanted to know, did this work? Please advise soon as I am filing for sponsorship of my husband and his DOB on BC is 2 months later than the DOB on all his other docs. I cannot get him to apply for change of DOB on passport as I have mentioned his passport DOB when I applied for my PR visa and he was a non-accompanying spouse at the time of my application. Please advise.

Mansarb

Feb 15, 2020
I have same pblm regarding my husband's birth certificate ,.. there is conflicting info about birth place on birth certificate and passport ... I m so confused why to do ...what why I m not able to submit my profile

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hey Honeyjack,
Can you share the affidavit format? Also wanted to know, did this work? Please advise soon as I am filing for sponsorship of my husband and his DOB on BC is 2 months later than the DOB on all his other docs. I cannot get him to apply for change of DOB on passport as I have mentioned his passport DOB when I applied for my PR visa and he was a non-accompanying spouse at the time of my application. Please advise.
Hello there! how did you go about with the issue?

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello there! how did you go about with the issue?
Hey there... I got my hubby to change all his documents with the dob from birth certificate. My sponsorship application is filed in Sep'20, still no update... Not even an AOR so can't guarantee if it worked or not. I m soo pissed at this entire delay in sponsorship application processing... Grrrr!

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hey there... I got my hubby to change all his documents with the dob from birth certificate. My sponsorship application is filed in Sep'20, still no update... Not even an AOR so can't guarantee if it worked or not. I m soo pissed at this entire delay in sponsorship application processing... Grrrr!
Thanks! That must have been a hectic process! How did you go about for updating his school docs? I guess those docs are the most difficult and time-consuming to update! Don't worry, I am sure you will hear back some good news from IRCC soon!