+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date of Birth issue - Please help!

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
I have similar issue. I am applying under family class for my mother sponsorship.
my mother date of birth is 12 July 1960 and her aadhaar card and Pan card are aligned with her date of birth. We also have notarized birth certificate with 12 July date. However we just noticed in passport her DOB is mentioned incorrectly as 4 April 1960. Will it create any problem? Can I just put explanation letter with notarized birth certificate stating DOB in the passport is incorrect?

umama waseem

Nov 30, 2023
I live in Saudi Arabia. Here they make PCC according to the information on Iqama (resident card of Saudi Arabia) now the problem is most of the time the information on Iqama is not accurate, for example wrong DOBs or full name on Iqama doesn’t matchup with the full name on Passport. Same it is for me my DOB is wrong, I don’t have my full name it’s just my first and middle name on Iqama. I’ve been trying since last 3/4 months to get my Iqama edited solely for PCC. But they’re not cooperating at all. Now I’ve to submit by PCC by 18th May. I’m still trying but what should I do if I can’t manage to get it edited by the deadline.
Should I get my PCC done according to wrong DOB and then include a LOE. If yes, what should I write in the LOE to convince the officer.
My husband and I got married back in August and spent ONLY 40 days together. I can’t wait to get back with him. Everything was going on so smoothly until this, I can’t afford to spoil my case which is pretty straight forward and simple. Please guide me what’s the best step I should take regarding this issue.
How was your issue resolved. Did you submit the PCC with the wrong DOB?? Did you face any problems??

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Yes - its a known fact that in places like Saudi - there are either ignorant or unqualified people sitting in the government offices who mess up your identity documents. And worse - they would not entertain if someone points it out!

So what to do about it? Simply get it translated as its written in Arabic.
And then provide a clear Letter of Explanation - and also provide details of any effort or written letter you have submitted to Saudi Ministry for correction. And then submit your application. Canadian Consulate in Saudi is fully aware of the local norms and system.

What matters the most is your own Passport, is your original Birth Certificate.
Secondly, make sure that Police Certificate also has your Passport Number on it. So even the Name is half correct, misspelled, incorrect DOB, the Canadian officer can see the Police Certificate issued is for the person who is holding that Passport.

Now make sure that Passport Number is NOT WRONG EITHER!!!

To the good-for-nothing-VIPS on this forum, if you highlight a problem, provide a common sense fix too. Just saying - this is illegal - this is wrong - it will get rejected, is not providing solution. If you see a post, and you dont have a fix for it, just let it go. You are not forced to vomit your opinion. Just gulp it down.

Last edited: