+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"date of birth" issue for form IMM 1344

gemy

Feb 25, 2012
Hello,

Date of Birth Day at # 5 of the first section for IMM 1344(just next to the field of principle's name ).

My question is whose birth day should i put there,the sponsor's or the principal applicant's?

It seems to be the principal's because it's right next to the principal's name field and just a few rows later at #4 of next section there is already a field for the sponsor's birth day.

But the guide 5289 says: "indicate your date of birth." and because IMM 1344 is for a sponsor, so here "you" seems to refer to the sponsor's.

I am quite confused. Thanks for any help.

gemy

Feb 25, 2012
belee1985 said:
It says in capital and bold letters "Sponsor".........
Thank you belee1985, but are you sure? I am just wondering why they need the sponsor's date of birth twice in the same form.

gemy

Feb 25, 2012
belee1985 said:
ok so I looked on the page you said. Page 1 of 5, left side, #4 (under section A: SPONSOR): that applies to the sponsor. The only place the SPONSORED PERSON has to put in their DOB is in section C, (1), page 2 of 5.
Are we talking about the same form? My form version is IMM 1344(02-2012)E and my question field is located at #5 on the right end of top third line, page 1 of 7.

And the place I meant for the sponsor's DOB is located at #4 (under section "sponsor personal details"),as you mentioned.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Hello Gemy

I assume you are doing an outland application? If so, then I have just looked up the form you are referring to on the CIC site (version 02-2012), and can confirm that:

Part 1:Application to Sponsor & Undertaking, Q5 should be the DOB of the Principal Applicant - i.e. the person being sponsored.

Part 1: Sponsor Details section, Q4 is the DOB of the Sponsor.

So you are right. And yes, this form is to be completed by the Sponsor and so should be filled in from their point of view.

Hope that helps.

gemy

Feb 25, 2012
Thank you Victorfoxtrot! Your answer is very clear and is what I expected. I had just been confused by the guide to the form.:)( couldnt put the guide link here)

BTW, I am doing the application from within Canada.

Thanks again!

gemy

Feb 25, 2012
Hi Victorfoxtrot,

Thanks for your informative message.But it is a pity that I couldn't reply your mail because I am not allowed to send a message in this forum so far.So I put my reply here.

Yes, I had heard that an outland application has been faster than an inland application.But in my case, the principle applicant has already had a long term study permit so the time will not be a main concern.Another consideration is that an outland app might lead to an outland interview that would be inconvenient.

According to the current rule, even you do an inland app, the processing still goes either to the visa office in your country of nationality or to the Buffalo visa office. If you chose the country of your nationality,does that mean both inland and outland app would be treated without difference?

Thanks!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
You're welcome - just wanted to make sure you were clear on the advantages and disadvantages.

An inland application is sent by you to Vegreville, Alberta and it is processed there entirely - the first & second stage. An outland application is first sent by you to CPC-Missisauga for the sponsor to be approved, and then once that has been completed they then forward the rest of the application for the PR part to the relevant office dealing with applications for your country. So if you are a US citizen then it will go to Buffalo.

So an Outland application via Buffalo, US at the moment is taking 55 days for the stage one sponsor approval, and then an average of 11 months for the process to complete in Buffalo - but many are getting through in half this time.

An inland application through Vegreville is taking 11-12 months for the first stage to complete (and then I think after this they issue the TWP), and the second stage is taking 8 months.

Obviously if you are from a country where the outland application would take much longer then obviously inland is the way to go. Also, as you have said it would be difficult for you to attend an interview if called. Only you will know if your case is likely to be scrutinized heavily and result in an interview. However if you are from a visa exempt country, your relationship is genuine and there are no red flags, then it is unlikely you will be called for one.

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Need peoples advice,

gemy said:
Hello,

Date of Birth Day at # 5 of the first section for IMM 1344(just next to the field of principle's name ).

My question is whose birth day should i put there,the sponsor's or the principal applicant's?

It seems to be the principal's because it's right next to the principal's name field and just a few rows later at #4 of next section there is already a field for the sponsor's birth day.

But the guide 5289 says: "indicate your date of birth." and because IMM 1344 is for a sponsor, so here "you" seems to refer to the sponsor's.

I am quite confused. Thanks for any help.
Does the form duplicate DOB for the sponsor (not the person being sponsored)..

PerrinAyabara

Nov 2, 2011
This also confused me. The guide clearly says that 'you' IE: the sponsor should put their DOB in question 5, but that is right where the applicant's DOB should be... The form also asks for the sponsor's DOB elsewhere on the very same page. It looks like the guide is wrong in this instance. I bet there have been many people putting the wrong date in this spot for this very reason. very confusing and unclear. Hell I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do at this point.