Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
New Visa Application Centre in Kigali.

For those living in Rwanda or can easily access kigali, there is a new visa application centre. You don't have to send your passport or biometric data to Tanzania, you can now walk in to Kigali office or appoint someone.

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Rwanda/faqs.html

Good luck everyone!

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Hello good people,I finally woke up to the long waited PPR! My medicals had marked 1 month today.

My question is any one with experience of sending passport to Dar? In the letter they say you must use vfs services to send passports I thought I could use DHL since its cheaper! Any advice please. Cidar how did you do it?

Good luck to you all. It will be well
Congratulations Elger, It took forever!! I am happy you finally made it,
good luck to others I know how hard it is to wait and wait and wait!!!

Zambezi

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum as I've just been posting in the FB group, but I'm trying to find more people applying through the Dar es Salaam office so thought I would join here as well to see if I can get a better idea of timelines through Dar. I'm sponsoring my husband who is Zambian. Here is my timeline so far:

Application received: August 9
AOR: November 27
Biometrics request: December 3
Sponsor approval: December 4
Biometrics completed: December 6
VO transfer (to DSM): December 7

A few quick questions for those of you who are Dar office veterans;

1. I received the VO transfer email from CPC-Sydney last week. Does Dar usually send AOR2 emails or will I just be looking for ECAS to update with a "We started processing your application..." note? What is the timeline for AOR2/processing after VO transfer with Dar?

2. Am I reading previous timelines correctly that it is usually 4-5 months from VO transfer to MR? And it is silence until then? So I likely won't hear anything from Dar until the spring?

Last edited:

rahmab

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Tanzania
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2017
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum as I've just been posting in the FB group, but I'm trying to find more people applying through the Dar es Salaam office so thought I would join here as well to see if I can get a better idea of timelines through Dar. I'm sponsoring my husband who is Zambian. Here is my timeline so far:

VO transfer (to DSM): December 7

A few quick questions for those of you who are Dar office veterans;

1. I received the VO transfer email from CPC-Sydney last week. Does Dar usually send AOR2 emails or will I just be looking for ECAS to update with a "We started processing your application..." note? What is the timeline for AOR2/processing after VO transfer with Dar?

2. Am I reading previous timelines correctly that it is usually 4-5 months from VO transfer to MR? And it is silence until then? So I likely won't hear anything from Dar until the spring?
Hi there! Here are some answers to your questions. I sponsored my husband who is Tanzanian living in Tanzania.

1. We didn't get any email from the Dar office for AOR2. I would just look at ECAS to update. I will put my full timeline below for you to see.

Application received: November 14th (2017)
AOR 1: January 9
SA: January 11
ECAS PRAS (Processing application): February 8
Transfer to VO email : February 14
Med request: May 16
Med exam: June 3
Med passed: June 9
Background check: July 12
Decision Made: July 13
Passport Request: July 19
Passport received (back to us): August 21 (There is a big delay here because his passport was already off for a tourist visa to another country - we sent the passport to the Dar Visa Office on like August 16th I think - it was gone for less than a week to get the COPR)

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try to answer them! Dar is pretty quite but once the background check starts it usually doesn't take long for the rest of it to finish! :) My timeline is a bit longer because we had to wait a few weeks to do the medical. Had to travel all the way to Dar from the middle of the country and then also took longer to send the passport in when we got the passport request.

Marthakay

Dec 31, 2018
Hi everyone,

Iam a june applicant My medical request came before my file transfer, I passed the medical on 29/10/18 and the file was transferred to dar es salaam visa office on 4th December
Ecas states we started processing your application on 10th dec 2018,I know each case is different but
how long should I wait for ppr?
Is it usual to have medical before vo transfer?
Does we started processing your application mean its assigned to a visa officer?
I will be grateful for replies

Zambezi

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hi there! Here are some answers to your questions. I sponsored my husband who is Tanzanian living in Tanzania.

1. We didn't get any email from the Dar office for AOR2. I would just look at ECAS to update. I will put my full timeline below for you to see.

Application received: November 14th (2017)
AOR 1: January 9
SA: January 11
ECAS PRAS (Processing application): February 8
Transfer to VO email : February 14
Med request: May 16
Med exam: June 3
Med passed: June 9
Background check: July 12
Decision Made: July 13
Passport Request: July 19
Passport received (back to us): August 21 (There is a big delay here because his passport was already off for a tourist visa to another country - we sent the passport to the Dar Visa Office on like August 16th I think - it was gone for less than a week to get the COPR)

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try to answer them! Dar is pretty quite but once the background check starts it usually doesn't take long for the rest of it to finish! :) My timeline is a bit longer because we had to wait a few weeks to do the medical. Had to travel all the way to Dar from the middle of the country and then also took longer to send the passport in when we got the passport request.
Hi Rahmab!

Thank you very much for the detailed response... it is great to see a relatively quick timeline for Dar in the last year. We actually just got my husband's medical request this week (only a month from the VO transfer email!) so I'm really excited that he might be here sooner than the 12 month mark. This is our updated timeline now...

VO transfer (to Dar): December 7
ECAS PA "we started processing...": Dec 18
Medical request: Jan 8
Medical exam: Jan 11

So back onto the waiting game to see the "medical passed" and then hopefully "decision made" within the next few months! What service did you use to submit your passport to VO?

Last edited:

rahmab

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Tanzania
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2017
Hi Rahmab!

Thank you very much for the detailed response... it is great to see a relatively quick timeline for Dar in the last year. We actually just got my husband's medical request this week (only a month from the VO transfer email!) so I'm really excited that he might be here sooner than the 12 month mark. This is our updated timeline now...

So back onto the waiting game to see the "medical passed" and then hopefully "decision made" within the next few months! What service did you use to submit your passport to VO?
Most of the DAR VO applications do get done in under 12 months so hopefully yours is the same!

We sent it to VFS office in Dar.

Hope you hear something soon with yours!! :)

Marthakay

Dec 31, 2018
Me its 8months now June applicant, o emailed them and they said its under active review whatever dat means, immigration teaches u patience by force

Luwassa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone with Dar es salaam VO?? I am sponsoring my wife from Tanzania. Application submitted May 6. AOR, SA and Biometric already done now I M waiting for a transfer email and medical request. But thinking it might go to Dar es salaam VO. Any updates from recent applicants?

Luwassa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We just got our application transferred to Dar es salaam VO. I see 6 to 7 months from s transfer date. I hope all goes well and fast. Our timeline is as follows
App received: May 6,2019
AOR: June 23
SA: Decision Made June 27. SA mail: July 2, 2019
BIometric Request: June 26,2019
BM completed: July 8,2019
File transfer to DSM VO: July 25

Reactions: Eveslm

Zambezi

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
We got a little bit of good news this morning nine days out from the one year mark... woke up to the pre-arrival services email! After almost seven months of silence from the Dar VO, I will take it as a positive sign!

Here's the updated timeline:
Medical passed: Jan 26
Pre-arrival services: Jul 31