File Transfer...
July 20
Med's Done....
Feb 10
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
Kip prayg mnm we havnt heard n thg yet but still hope for the best.
Thanks

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Can anyone tell me how to link mycic to my ecas? I heard mycic is much better than ecas. Is that true? Like can you see if eligibility is passed and evrrything

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
If an arranged marriage (if that's what it was) or not meeting before the wedding is common in your religion/culture I don't see any red flags. The age difference is not a problem. Most of your family being involved is good. Same background helps. It is really good you stayed for a while after the wedding and visited again. Your story seems very sweet.

I would recommend you keep proof of your communication after the wedding. I've seen some VOs request this later in the process when there was little contact before the wedding. Someone through Dar was recently asked to provide this, not exactly sure if this was the reason or not. At this point you've just got to stay patient which I know is hard to do. Good luck to you and please keep us posted!

Actually our marriage wasnt arranged at all. In our culture we dont like arranged marriages as we dont have the apetite for them. We met in a restaurant while i was on visit to my country (btw for the first time). I heard the VO likes to see the sponsor come back to his spouse for a short visit. (Especially when taking time off from work).

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:
Actually our marriage wasnt arranged at all. In our culture we dont like arranged marriages as we dont have the apetite for them. We met in a restaurant while i was on visit to my country (btw for the first time). I heard the VO likes to see the sponsor come back to his spouse for a short visit. (Especially when taking time off from work).
Oh sorry I misunderstood when you said you never met before. I'm not sure what they will think of such a short courtship then. Did you spend much time physically together before you got married? The time you've spent together after marriage is great so that will be helpful.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:
Can anyone tell me how to link mycic to my ecas? I heard mycic is much better than ecas. Is that true? Like can you see if eligibility is passed and evrrything
It has a place to show if eligibility is passed but I don't think it's being updated. Ours still shows eligibility in progress even though we've received passport request. The background check still shows not started. So in theory it's more helpful but only if they update it which it seems they are not.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
It has a place to show if eligibility is passed but I don't think it's being updated. Ours still shows eligibility in progress even though we've received passport request. The background check still shows not started. So in theory it's more helpful but only if they update it which it seems they are not.

I create a mycic account but i dont find anything link to my ecas. Are you like suppose to link your cic to ecss or something?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:
I create a mycic account but i dont find anything link to my ecas. Are you like suppose to link your cic to ecss or something?
Once you log in to My CIC click on link an existing application to this account and follow the steps. Remember to put 2 for the number of people. Lots of people have had trouble linking it so good luck! Please post what yours says once you link it. As I said before I don't think it's accurate or helpful yet but hopefully will be once they start updating it in a timely fashion.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
Once you log in to My CIC click on link an existing application to this account and follow the steps. Remember to put 2 for the number of people. Lots of people have had trouble linking it so good luck! Please post what yours says once you link it. As I said before I don't think it's accurate or helpful yet but hopefully will be once they start updating it in a timely fashion.
Well now im locked down for the 24hrs because i failed all 5 attempts. When they ask you the applicant infos such passport and everything, i put my wife, and it didnt work. I put my infos, and it didnt work. But now you're saying I should have put 2 ppl for the number of ppl...im only sponsoring my wife tho i dont understand why 2 ppl. Now I sent an email to the tech team to see if they can unblock me as im not able to link my ecas to mycic. You think I should try again after 24hrs and put 2 ppl this time?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:
Well now im locked down for the 24hrs because i failed all 5 attempts. When they ask you the applicant infos such passport and everything, i put my wife, and it didnt work. I put my infos, and it didnt work. But now you're saying I should have put 2 ppl for the number of ppl...im only sponsoring my wife tho i dont understand why 2 ppl. Now I sent an email to the tech team to see if they can unblock me as im not able to link my ecas to mycic. You think I should try again after 24hrs and put 2 ppl this time?
Yes. I have no idea why but 2 is the right answer. Lots of people had trouble with that on this forum hence why I tried to warn you. Good luck!

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
Yes. I have no idea why but 2 is the right answer. Lots of people had trouble with that on this forum hence why I tried to warn you. Good luck!
I finally created mycic account. Here is my wife timeline

application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents BLANK
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

why would 'review of sub doc' be blank?
Do you think my wife may be called for an interview although it says not at this time? I mean if they smell anything, they right away put review needed or something like that if im not mistaken.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
momo2016 said:

Do you think my wife may be called for an interview although it says not at this time? I mean if they smell anything, they right away put review needed or something like that if im not mistaken.
That's the answer from CIC:
Not needed at this time means that we are reviewing your application and do not need to interview you at this time. Note that we may decide that an interview is required at a later time.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
gabba50 said:
That's the answer from CIC:
Not needed at this time means that we are reviewing your application and do not need to interview you at this time. Note that we may decide that an interview is required at a later time.

Ohh i see...thanks for your input :)

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
momo2016 said:
Hi mamo,

I may need your help here.
For the application detail, did you use your name or you wife"s name?
For the applicant's personal information i believe those are your wife information right?

I tried many combination but i m not able to link even using 2 :(

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:

Glad you got it working. Yours looks the same as my husbands until the day we got the passport request. At that time the only thing that changed was it said they sent correspondence. Ours still says eligibility is being reviewed, background check is not started and interview is not needed at this time. Like Gabba said I don't think the interview part means anything for you, I bet they haven't even looked at your file yet. There are people on the forum where it says interview not needed at this time who have already received an interview request letter. It's not very accurate unfortunately.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Kokolibataui said:
Hi mamo,

I may need your help here.
For the application detail, did you use your name or you wife"s name?
For the applicant's personal information i believe those are your wife information right?

I tried many combination but i m not able to link even using 2 :(
You only need to use the PA 's information(nothing about the sponsor) but include the sponsor on the number of people listed on your application.