+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Kokolibataui said:
Hello all,

Just a quick presentation of my situation.
Me and my wife meet in 2011 in Russia where we were both student at the same University. After finishing my Master in 2013 i left to Canada as a permanent resident. After leaving Russia we met twice in Singapore and in Russia last year where we married. Her from Tanzania and me from Congo. She just finished school and i would like her to joint me here.
I just received the approbation from CIC as a sponsor and i m preparing document for the CSQ.
Here my question, do i need to feel out the A-0535-F form? I have not co-signatory and my salary is pretty enough to support her without any issue.

Please advise
I am sorry for the late reply the forms that does not apply to you you might put them without filling them all put N/A I think that's what I did.
It will take almost a month to get the CSQ. some people email the CSQ to the VO , but you really do not , unless they ask for it. I was surprised that like 2 days I got CSQ Immigration putted CSQ details in my Dossier.

All the best.

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
Happymn said:
I am sorry for the late reply the forms that does not apply to you you might put them without filling them all put N/A I think that's what I did.
It will take almost a month to get the CSQ. some people email the CSQ to the VO , but you really do not , unless they ask for it. I was surprised that like 2 days I got CSQ Immigration putted CSQ details in my Dossier.

All the best.
Thank you for the replay. i really appreciate.
The document were sent last week. hopefully this will take not more than 25 days.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
skwan said:
Seriously you have to pay for a visa EVEN if it's a 2 hr layover?

Does anyone know if going through Egypt for 18hr layover will require us (Canadians AND Ugandan) to pay for a visa?
My husband didn't need one to have a layover in Amsterdam. It is only the United States that seems to require one!! That's what we learned from someone here on the forum!! I am sure there will be no problem going through Egypt.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Happymn said:
Congratulation MNM2015, you merited that. you have been patience, and mostly I like the way you kept this page active especially assisting the new members.

Be blessed :) .
Thanks Happyman :) Glad to see you are still around helping people. Hope your wife is enjoying Canada.

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
Happymn said:
I usually use Flight network. you can compare different sites. by the way I don't advise you to buy the ticket before you have the visas in hands since you do not know when exactly. but I understand you me too started looking on tickets a fe months before. ;) @ Skwan.
@Gabba, it looks like Dar is doing things faster, and the more interesting thing once they have the passport they don't take long.as long us you followed all instructions. so start to prepare yourself as well you are the next as others said.
@Turn701. it's good to still hear from you guys. The waiting was so hard, let's never allow any small issue to let our relationships perish like that.this waiting taught me to value more my relationship than I use to before.
@Chouppy, I am happy for you guys it seems your processing will go faster. Dar VO. is really doing a good Job.
I have another firend of mine who applied in January, they got their visa.... Good news are on the way.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
VSF is the best and you can track it also. Costs about $80? Hopefully those of you who are waiting will also get yours very soon! All the best!
Skwan, have you sent your wife's passport yet?

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
skwan said:
For those who were approved and booked their tickets, did you book from a specific site on discounted fares?
I have found Orbitz and flighthub.com. Do you guys know anymore?
Hi Skwan,

Congratulations in order once more.
Please try flyfar.ca and flightnetwork

All the best to the rest of us!

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Skwan, have you sent your wife's passport yet?
Yup, sent it in last Thursday and they said in 14 days (not sure business days or just days in general)
Hoping by end of the month!

Anyone know if I'm able to track my passport? I was given a tracking ID but the VFSGlobal website is for providing application tracking, not passports

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Yup, sent it in last Thursday and they said in 14 days (not sure business days or just days in general)
Hoping by end of the month!

Anyone know if I'm able to track my passport? I was given a tracking ID but the VFSGlobal website is for providing application tracking, not passports
Hope you don't have to wait too long! I don't know anything about VFS but ECAS *should* change to decision made once it's been stamped and on it's way back to you. Keep us posted!

We are still trying to figure out this return courier from Tanzania to USA. Hoping to get it sorted and sent very soon.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Hi guys,

I'm a somali canadian married to a somali girl living in Somaliland (northern Somalia).

I was wondering why would my app be transfered to Dar when most of somali applicants are transfered to NAI.

Here is our timeline, any idea when i should order my notes or even a get a DM.

We received xxx application for permanent residence on April 26, 2016.
We started processing xxx application on July 7, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

NOte: somali applicants need IOM assistance since the visa will be issued inside a Single journey travel document.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
momo2016 said:
Hi guys,

I'm a somali canadian married to a somali girl living in Somaliland (northern Somalia).

I was wondering why would my app be transfered to Dar when most of somali applicants are transfered to NAI.

NOte: somali applicants need IOM assistance since the visa will be issued inside a Single journey travel document.
I don't think you should worry about where it is sent. To my experience and others, it seems like transferring to the VO in TZ has been positive. It's a new office which means that they have split the workload in half between Tanzania and Kenya.
That's my opinion

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:
Hi guys,

That's really strange, I have no idea why it would have been sent to Dar. Nairobi has been very fast with requesting passports this year but a couple of people have been waiting a long time to get them back from Nairobi. Dar seems to be faster than it has been so hopefully it will continue to be that way.

I would say if you order notes now all you will see is the notes the officer in Canada made about your file. That could be helpful if you want to see if they see any red flags in your application. Unless things really speed up I think you've got at least a couple more months for a DM but hopefully before the end of of the year. My only concern would be if it takes longer to do a background check in Somalia, that could cause yours to be slower than the average. Do you guys have any red flags (eg. big age difference, short courtship, no family at wedding, etc.)?

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
That's really strange, I have no idea why it would have been sent to Dar. Nairobi has been very fast with requesting passports this year but a couple of people have been waiting a long time to get them back from Nairobi. Dar seems to be faster than it has been so hopefully it will continue to be that way.

I would say if you order notes now all you will see is the notes the officer in Canada made about your file. That could be helpful if you want to see if they see any red flags in your application. Unless things really speed up I think you've got at least a couple more months for a DM but hopefully before the end of of the year. My only concern would be if it takes longer to do a background check in Somalia, that could cause yours to be slower than the average. Do you guys have any red flags (eg. big age difference, short courtship, no family at wedding, etc.)?
We're both somali, she's 19 and im 25. We both from the same religion and yes members of both of our families attended our wedding. However, i can tell you few things, we never met each other before and we have married very fast like 3months after solid bk and forth conversations. And no we are not related at all. However, my mother, sister, and my 2 little brothers (btw they are all canadians) have settled a year prior to our first meeting in the same city as my wife.

We got married in setp 2015 and i stayed with her till the end of oct in a house we had rented. I sent lots of pics of our wedding reception and wedding party. I even took her to the beach (also sent pics of us at the beach with her 2 sisters). I went bk to see her 4 months later ( last march). This time i travlled with her to all the way to Addis Ababab (ethiopia) to make her undergo her medical exam, which she did good btw yeeeees!! It was a romantic trip. I have also sent pics of us in addis ababa in different places. And of of course i have also sent all my flights tickets and photocopies of visa stamps in my passport.

I have met all of her family members. However, she didnt meet my fsther and my other brothers here in qc because they didnt come with me to somalia. She did speak to my father tho over the phone.

Thats my story, so according to your expertise, any red flags? Or do you think we passed eligibility? I mean took off work again in march to travel with her to ethiopia. That should mean sometime right?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:
We're both somali, she's 19 and im 25. We both from the same religion and yes members of both of our families attended our wedding. However, i can tell you few things, we never met each other before and we have married very fast like 3months after solid bk and forth conversations. And no we are not related at all. However, my mother, sister, and my 2 little brothers (btw they are all canadians) have settled a year prior to our first meeting in the same city as my wife.

We got married in setp 2015 and i stayed with her till the end of oct in a house we had rented. I sent lots of pics of our wedding reception and wedding party. I even took her to the beach (also sent pics of us at the beach with her 2 sisters). I went bk to see her 4 months later ( last march). This time i travlled with her to all the way to Addis Ababab (ethiopia) to make her undergo her medical exam, which she did good btw yeeeees!! It was a romantic trip. I have also sent pics of us in addis ababa in different places. And of of course i have also sent all my flights tickets and photocopies of visa stamps in my passport.

I have met all of her family members. However, she didnt meet my fsther and my other brothers here in qc because they didnt come with me to somalia. She did speak to my father tho over the phone.

Thats my story, so according to your expertise, any red flags? Or do you think we passed eligibility? I mean took off work again in march to travel with her to ethiopia. That should mean sometime right?
If an arranged marriage (if that's what it was) or not meeting before the wedding is common in your religion/culture I don't see any red flags. The age difference is not a problem. Most of your family being involved is good. Same background helps. It is really good you stayed for a while after the wedding and visited again. Your story seems very sweet.

I would recommend you keep proof of your communication after the wedding. I've seen some VOs request this later in the process when there was little contact before the wedding. Someone through Dar was recently asked to provide this, not exactly sure if this was the reason or not. At this point you've just got to stay patient which I know is hard to do. Good luck to you and please keep us posted!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Deesavids, any news after sending in the additional proof? I'm still thinking about you and praying for good news my friend.