AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
MNM2015 said:
I am ecstatic to report we received our passport request today :D :D :D :D :D
Our application was recieved January 8 and went in process at Dar March 15. So 7 months for us. Keep the faith everyone, your time is coming soon!!!
Congratulations to you too.
Your medical report was also about to expire too?

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
skwan said:
For those who were approved and booked their tickets, did you book from a specific site on discounted fares?
I have found Orbitz and flighthub.com. Do you guys know anymore?
I usually use www.cheapoair.ca

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
choupy said:
Congratulations to you too.
Your medical report was also about to expire too?
Thank you so much! Nope, our medical is good until mid November so think they are just working through the applications in the order they received them. We did send a complete and strong application up front so that likely helped.

skwan said:
For those who were approved and booked their tickets, did you book from a specific site on discounted fares?
I always check kayak but never actually book through there.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Thank you so much! Nope, our medical is good until mid November so think they are just working through the applications in the order they received them. We did send a complete and strong application up front so that likely helped.

I always check kayak but never actually book through there.

From what I know, our medical does expire on Aug.28 but our constituency believes that IRCC must have extended it a bit so in case there would be delays in submitting the passport. He (constituency) knows that once the passport is sent back to us, it does not depend on the expiry of the medical to land in Canada. Immigration will put a visa (valid ranging from months to a year) and we go by its date to land. After we arrive at airport and going through immigration, that is where the officer will give the landing papers.

That is all from what I've been told.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
From what I know, our medical does expire on Aug.28 but our constituency believes that IRCC must have extended it a bit so in case there would be delays in submitting the passport. He (constituency) knows that once the passport is sent back to us, it does not depend on the expiry of the medical to land in Canada. Immigration will put a visa (valid ranging from months to a year) and we go by its date to land. After we arrive at airport and going through immigration, that is where the officer will give the landing papers.

That is all from what I've been told.
I've never gone through this before so have no first hand experience. All I know is based on hours and hours reading on this forum. Everything I have read says you must land by the expiry on your COPR, which is based off your medical expiry. As you said you will also have a visa to travel to Canada with it's own expiry date. I'm not sure how it's expiry date relates to the COPR one, however the visa is most important for the airline and the COPR most important for Canadian immigration and becoming a PR. Given you don't have much time I hope they will extend your medical and thus COPR expiry date. I also would like to think an immigration consultant would know what they are talking about, it's just what you are saying goes against everything I have read on here. Maybe someone else can chime in with their thoughts on your situation. My fingers are crossed for you.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
skwan said:
I've used orbitz and cheapoair...but to be honest, check with the airline online pages directly....many times the discounted price hasn't been cheaper and is more restrictive than buying it direct from the airline. someone told me going with saudi air is cheap (many airlines don't come up on orbitz and cheapo...

You just have to shop around. I also find ticket prices are cheapest between 2 to 4 weeks before the flight (unless you know it's a busy season or holiday)....based on my tickets between Canada and the middle east / africa.

C.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Such good news that people are getting their PPR. I always like to check here and see if there is progress. This forum kept me sane while waiting for my husband to come! One thing when you are looking at flights to Canada, sometimes the cheaper flights have more stops and if it happens to stop in the States and there is a layover we were told that you need to a visa to even stop there! Even though you have not left the airport! We booked directly through KLM and may have paid a bit more but my husband only had one layover in Amsterdam and then on to Canada. Sometimes the peace of mind is worth a little more! Good luck to everyone!

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
choupy said:
I usually use www.cheapoair.ca
Unless you are unable to buy from airline , flighthub.com is good if you book on Tuesdays, I have no idea why. you can also use momondo.com to compare the prices or www.insanelycheapflights.com ( shows Only in US $ but cheaper)

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:
Our application was recieved January 8 and went in process at Dar March 15. So 7 months for us. Keep the faith everyone, your time is coming soon!!!
Congratulations MNM2015, It looks like CIC was reading our previous posts wondering if they are really assessing our applications...1 PR and one more pending, It's actually a good news from DAR VO. Let's keep hoping.
How are you going to send your passport? I think VSF is the best way.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
gabba50 said:
Congratulations MNM2015, It looks like CIC was reading our previous posts wondering if they are really assessing our applications...1 PR and one more pending, It's actually a good news from DAR VO. Let's keep hoping.
VSF is the best and you can track it also. Costs about $80? Hopefully those of you who are waiting will also get yours very soon! All the best!

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Tun701 said:
Such good news that people are getting their PPR. I always like to check here and see if there is progress. This forum kept me sane while waiting for my husband to come! One thing when you are looking at flights to Canada, sometimes the cheaper flights have more stops and if it happens to stop in the States and there is a layover we were told that you need to a visa to even stop there! Even though you have not left the airport! We booked directly through KLM and may have paid a bit more but my husband only had one layover in Amsterdam and then on to Canada. Sometimes the peace of mind is worth a little more! Good luck to everyone!
Seriously you have to pay for a visa EVEN if it's a 2 hr layover?

Does anyone know if going through Egypt for 18hr layover will require us (Canadians AND Ugandan) to pay for a visa?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
Thanks so much Gabba! You are up next :)

My husband lives in the USA so can't use VFS. We have had no luck finding a courier company that will let him set up a prepaid return shipment from Tanzania to the USA. Does anyone have any ideas? We have everything ready to send but don't know how to get it back. We've sent an email to Dar to see if he can submit it to Canada or the USA instead but no response. We are so close to the end but can't figure out this last step.

Happymn

May 28, 2016
skwan said:
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! AND THIS MEANS GREAT NEWS FOR YOU ALL.
Our immigration consultant informed us that CIC is requesting for my wife's passport within the next two weeks since her medical expires end of August!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Funny though because the CIC website has no updates whatsoever!

The CIC letter was sent to our consultant on July 29, 2016. We applied on December 9, 2015!
WOW this is great news!!!
Congratulation Skwan, I am very happy for you. this sponsorship had affected your plans, but now it seems like you are arriving at the end of the tunnel.
God bless you and yours.

Former LonelyGuy

Happymn

May 28, 2016
MNM2015 said:
Congratulation MNM2015, you merited that. you have been patience, and mostly I like the way you kept this page active especially assisting the new members.

Be blessed :) .

Happymn

May 28, 2016
I usually use Flight network. you can compare different sites. by the way I don't advise you to buy the ticket before you have the visas in hands since you do not know when exactly. but I understand you me too started looking on tickets a fe months before. ;)@ Skwan.
@Gabba, it looks like Dar is doing things faster, and the more interesting thing once they have the passport they don't take long.as long us you followed all instructions. so start to prepare yourself as well you are the next as others said.
@Turn701. it's good to still hear from you guys. The waiting was so hard, let's never allow any small issue to let our relationships perish like that.this waiting taught me to value more my relationship than I use to before.
@Chouppy, I am happy for you guys it seems your processing will go faster. Dar VO. is really doing a good Job.