+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! AND THIS MEANS GREAT NEWS FOR YOU ALL.
Our immigration consultant informed us that CIC is requesting for my wife's passport within the next two weeks since her medical expires end of August!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Funny though because the CIC website has no updates whatsoever!

The CIC letter was sent to our consultant on July 29, 2016. We applied on December 9, 2015!
WOW this is great news!!!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Our immigration consultant informed us that CIC is requesting for my wife's passport within the next two weeks since her medical expires end of August!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The CIC letter was sent to our consultant on July 29, 2016. We applied on December 9, 2015!
Congratulations skwan!!! That is wonderful news, so happy for you guys :D Hopefully this means the rest of us will hear something soon. I have been feeling really down lately but you have given me hope :)

Will you be able to fly to Canada on such short notice? How are you sending the passport (VFS, DHL, etc)? Did they also ask for updated police letters? Please keep us updated.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Congratulations skwan!!! That is wonderful news, so happy for you guys :D Hopefully this means the rest of us will hear something soon. I have been feeling really down lately but you have given me hope :)

Will you be able to fly to Canada on such short notice? How are you sending the passport (VFS, DHL, etc)? Did they also ask for updated police letters? Please keep us updated.
No news about what they will say but my wife's medical expires end of August when they need the passport BY end of August.
I'll be sending through VFS and I think that's probably the best thing to do right now as those are the instructions given to me through the letter.
Guess what, THERE IS HOPE, don't worry, you should get yours by end of August but probably no later than end of this year, depending on when you sent. The Notes were completely off as they told me they have not assessed her file yet. The site also says IN PROCESS with no changes.
Good enough, I know sending citizenship certificate and passport of our child has helped.

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
Hello all,

Just a quick presentation of my situation.
Me and my wife meet in 2011 in Russia where we were both student at the same University. After finishing my Master in 2013 i left to Canada as a permanent resident. After leaving Russia we met twice in Singapore and in Russia last year where we married. Her from Tanzania and me from Congo. She just finished school and i would like her to joint me here.
I just received the approbation from CIC as a sponsor and i m preparing document for the CSQ.
Here my question, do i need to feel out the A-0535-F form? I have not co-signatory and my salary is pretty enough to support her without any issue.

Please advise

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
No news about what they will say but my wife's medical expires end of August when they need the passport BY end of August.
I'll be sending through VFS and I think that's probably the best thing to do right now as those are the instructions given to me through the letter.
Guess what, THERE IS HOPE, don't worry, you should get yours by end of August but probably no later than end of this year, depending on when you sent. The Notes were completely off as they told me they have not assessed her file yet. The site also says IN PROCESS with no changes.
Good enough, I know sending citizenship certificate and passport of our child has helped.
When I told my husband about you getting the passport request he was so happy :) Since we applied a month after you I hope and pray we will get our good news by the end of August. I think our cases should be similar as both from Uganda and both of us have a child together.

I wouldn't say your notes were wrong as you got them a couple weeks ago and by the time you receive them they are already almost a month old. It is possible to go from nothing being done 6 weeks ago to a passport request now. Just goes to show you that it doesn't take that long once they actually start working on your file. I believe ECAS will show in process until the visa is stamped in your passport at which time it should change to decision made.

Please continue to update us. Your news today has lifted my spirits :)

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Kokolibataui said:
Hello all,

Me and my wife meet in 2011 in Russia where we were both student at the same University. After finishing my Master in 2013 i left to Canada as a permanent resident. After leaving Russia we met twice in Singapore and in Russia last year where we married. Her from Tanzania and me from Congo. She just finished school and i would like her to joint me here.
I just received the approbation from CIC as a sponsor and i m preparing document for the CSQ.
Here my question, do i need to feel out the A-0535-F form? I have not co-signatory and my salary is pretty enough to support her without any issue.

Please advise
Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with the CSQ as not from Quebec, hopefully someone else can confirm. I do know there is no income requirement and a consigner is not allowed when sponsoring your spouse so if the form relates to that you likely don't have to complete. When did you submit your application?

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
MNM2015 said:
Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with the CSQ as not from Quebec, hopefully someone else can confirm. I do know there is no income requirement and a consigner is not allowed when sponsoring your spouse so if the form relates to that you likely don't have to complete. When did you submit your application?

Here my status
Doc sent to CIC on 09 May, 2016
CIC started processing the application on 27 May, 2016
Sponsorship eligibility confirmed on 19 July 2016
Dar started processing application on 26 july 2016

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
Kokolibataui said:
Hello all,

Please advise
Hi Kokolibataui,

I didn't fill out that form and my husband got the CSQ. The application was only for my husband (we have no kids). I think it will depend on who you are sponsoring. If you are sponsoring you spouse and you kids no need to fill that form (see KIT A)
Good luck

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
Happymn said:
Welcome to the forum Choupy. what's your timeline?If I may ask.

Thank you
My file was transferred to VO June 13 of this year.

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
skwan said:

COngratulations!!
6 months... It is awesome.
There is hope for the rest of us....
Keep us updated.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
choupy said:
Thank you
My file was transferred to VO June 13 of this year.
Hi Choupy,

Welcome to the forum.
Initially i thought you will be in Nairobi Visa office. All the same we are neighbors and i wish you all the best!

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
choupy said:
COngratulations!!
6 months... It is awesome.
There is hope for the rest of us....
Keep us updated.
Thanks all! I hope this has encouraged you all as it seems that it does not take THAT long, at least for us it was the same amount of time as waiting for our first born to leave the mother's womb ;D 9 MONTHS!

Ok, so I heard from my consultant and another immigration lawyer that even if her medical expires, as long as they stamp the passport before it expires, it should not be a problem.

Can someone who has better experience regarding their medical give more insight on this? THANKS!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
I am ecstatic to report we received our passport request today :D :D :D :D :D
Our application was recieved January 8 and went in process at Dar March 15. So 7 months for us. Keep the faith everyone, your time is coming soon!!!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Thanks all! I hope this has encouraged you all as it seems that it does not take THAT long, at least for us it was the same amount of time as waiting for our first born to leave the mother's womb ;D 9 MONTHS!

Ok, so I heard from my consultant and another immigration lawyer that even if her medical expires, as long as they stamp the passport before it expires, it should not be a problem.

Can someone who has better experience regarding their medical give more insight on this? THANKS!
Everything I have heard on this forum says you will have to land by the expiry date on the COPR. The expiry date is usually the expiry of the medical or passport, whichever is sooner. However they can extend the medical so might do that if yours is tight. I have never heard of Dar extending medicals though, however there is always a first time. Have you already sent the passport?

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
For those who were approved and booked their tickets, did you book from a specific site on discounted fares?
I have found Orbitz and flighthub.com. Do you guys know anymore?