+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
That is crazy! I don't understand how we can allow people to take advantage of the system like that. It sounds way too easy and lucrative to just claim you are gay when you are not. And then to be able to sponsor your wife and kids later, that just blows my mind! Like you said people like that are what makes it difficult for everyone else who follows the rules. Obviously it is different if you really are gay as would be very difficult to live in Uganda. I'd like to know how they are approved for a visitor visa in the first place. Based on my husband's experience it's not very easy.
I don't how know the dude got a visitor's visa just like that but the pastor (who is married to an Australian) must have some ties. I can even give CIC the name of the pastor who helped him - I have him on Facebook and he told me his story when i was meeting to buy some things from him.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Just wondering if people can post what their MyCIC account shows once you are able to link your application. Then we can compare and hopefully understand better what it all means. Here is ours:

Application/profile status-Open
Review of eligibility-Review in Progress
Review of medical results-Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview -Not needed at this time
A background check is needed-Not Started
Final decision-Not Started

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
MNM2015 said:
Just wondering if people can post what their MyCIC account shows once you are able to link your application. Then we can compare and hopefully understand better what it all means. Here is ours:

The olny thing I can see is that they started processing our application june 2016.
Where were you able to get your information? On CIC website under status?

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
MNM2015 said:

What are your timelines?

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
MNM2015 said:

MNM i realize we share the status after linking the account.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Hardcookie said:
MNM i realize we share the status after linking the account.
Thanks for the reply. Just wish I knew if review in progress under eligibility means they have actually started looking at our file. I don't think it does but after being in process over 4 months I would like to think they have at least started. Please keep me updated if yours changes. Good luck to you!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
choupy said:
The olny thing I can see is that they started processing our application june 2016.
My info is from the new My CIC tool not ECAS. Where are you looking?

choupy said:
What are your timelines?
We applied January 8, 2016 and it went in process at Dar on March 15. What is your timeline?

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:
Thanks for the reply. Just wish I knew if review in progress under eligibility means they have actually started looking at our file. I don't think it does but after being in process over 4 months I would like to think they have at least started. Please keep me updated if yours changes. Good luck to you!
I think"Review in progress means that at least they opened your file", I saw a post where eligibility shows: "Not started". Let's hope the best but GCMS will only be the good source of information.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
I think"Review in progress means that at least they opened your file", I saw a post where eligibility shows: "Not started". Let's hope the best but GCMS will only be the good source of information.
Thanks for posting your info gabba. I hope you are right. The more I read the more confused I get and it seems like the info in some cases is incorrect or at least outdated which makes it very unhelpful. As you said gcms notes are the best thing so I have ordered them again. Praying for good news as feeling really discouraged to still see zero progress. Please keep me posted if your My CIC changes.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Do you guys think applications are being assessed? My wife applied in December, the notes shows no progress...hahaha.....oh immigration

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Do you guys think applications are being assessed? My wife applied in December, the notes shows no progress...hahaha.....oh immigration
I have no idea but I sure hope so. It's pathetic that they still haven't even started working on applications received months ago when they have promised faster processing times and making spousal applications a priority. Obviously time to hire more staff in Dar or send some applications to Nairobi as they are so much faster there.

You should link your application to your wife's My CIC account to see if it shows you anything. In theory it should show more info than ECAS. If you applied for a visit visa online you should already have a My CIC account set up so only takes a couple of minutes to link the spousal application. If you do please let us know what yours says.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
skwan said:
Yes they are assessing our applications but not at the speed we were expecting after those speeches and promises. Some cases are being assessed faster, I think it depends on Visa office and how straightforward the case is....but our VO seems to be special on being slow.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
but our VO seems to be special on being slow.
;D that gave me a chuckle, in a sad but true way

I know some VO are speeding up the processing (eg. Ottawa, India, Nairobi even) but not sure if most offices are. I'd be curious to see statistics by office since they announced the changes.

Happymn

May 28, 2016
choupy said:
Welcome to the forum Choupy. what's your timeline?If I may ask.