+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Tun701 said:
If there is one little positive note in this it is that if you get called for another medical( which sucks) at least you know that someone is looking at your file and actually working on it!! My husband got the medical email and police check email one week before they were to expire. He did them and emailed and mailed the results to them ( do both because they don't accept just the email) and then it was less than a month when the PPR request came! So sometimes even if it costs again to get your medical done it can turn out to be a good thing. Hang in there!!
Just had a thought, if they request us to redo medical, can we choose to do it whenever we want?
Or is it we have to do it right away, just that we HAVE to be in Canada before the medical expires?

Our situation is a bit unique and needs a lot of explaining, but basically our question is - WILL THEY ALLOW US TO DO IT SAY END OF THIS YEAR OR BEGINNING OF 2017 instead of doing it immediately?
Or will this mean our application will be backtracked?

Only because we were thinking that once I'm done my studies (end of 2017), we can all fly out at once.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Just had a thought, if they request us to redo medical, can we choose to do it whenever we want?
Or is it we have to do it right away, just that we HAVE to be in Canada before the medical expires?

Our situation is a bit unique and needs a lot of explaining, but basically our question is - WILL THEY ALLOW US TO DO IT SAY END OF THIS YEAR OR BEGINNING OF 2017 instead of doing it immediately?

Only because we were thinking that once I'm done my studies (end of 2017), we can all fly out at once.
I am pretty sure they give you a time limit to redo the medical, like 30 days, and if you do not they will likely cancel your application. They are not going to keep your file open for months so you can delay your landing even further. Your case seems very complicated as thought you wanted to move to Canada By September 2016 and now want to wait until the end of 2017. If they continue to be super slow maybe they won't ask you to redo your medical until late this year as recently cases have taken about a year and it will all work out for you. I'm not sure if they ask you do redo your medical once it expires or not until they are finalizing your visa.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
I am pretty sure they give you a time limit to redo the medical, like 30 days, and if you do not they will likely cancel your application. They are not going to keep your file open for months so you can delay your landing even further. Your case seems very complicated as thought you wanted to move to Canada By September 2016 and now want to wait until the end of 2017. If they continue to be super slow maybe they won't ask you to redo your medical until late this year as recently cases have taken about a year and it will all work out for you. I'm not sure if they ask you do redo your medical once it expires or not until they are finalizing your visa.
Thanks for the clarification. It first seemed complicated but now that I look at it, the later we travel, the more helpful it would be for our finances. Only because if we traveled to Canada now (which I'm fine with as well), it would mean a lot of traveling for me as I return to Uganda for studies and then going back to Canada to visit during summer holidays and then for them to return to Uganda for graduation and at last for us to travel back as a family to Canada to settle.

Traveling later is also fine with us after thinking through some of the benefits of traveling later. There are pros and cons for traveling now and later.

We'll just see when they want her to redo the medical. But once it's done, that means she has one year from that date she did her medical to land in Canada right?
How about the police check? Will she need to also redo it?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Thanks for the clarification. It first seemed complicated but now that I look at it, the later we travel, the more helpful it would be for our finances. Only because if we traveled to Canada now (which I'm fine with as well), it would mean a lot of traveling for me as I return to Uganda for studies and then going back to Canada to visit during summer holidays and then for them to return to Uganda for graduation and at last for us to travel back as a family to Canada to settle.

Traveling later is also fine with us after thinking through some of the benefits of traveling later. There are pros and cons for traveling now and later.

We'll just see when they want her to redo the medical. But once it's done, that means she has one year from that date she did her medical to land in Canada right?
How about the police check? Will she need to also redo it?
Yes, as far as I know she will have one year from the date of her medical (unless her passport expires first). The date will be shown on the COPR she will receive.

I asked before about redoing the police certificate and was told there is an expiry date on the certificate, often 6 months, so they usually ask you to redo that as well.

Can you please post once you receive your notes? I am very curious if they have started working on your file as we applied about a month after you so will give me an idea when to order our notes again. Thank you!

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
skwan said:

Medical Examination Instructions
Citizenship and PROTECTED WHEN COMPLETED - B
Immigration Canada
Citoyenneté et
Immigration Canada
IMM 1017 E (07-2015) GCMS
These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage
where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this
letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
The medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the CIC list of Panel Physicians.
You cannot choose your family doctor if his or her name is not on this list. See the list of Panel Physicians to
find a doctor in your area at:
Once you identify a panel physician in your area, book an appointment for your medical examination.
When you schedule your appointment, please ensure that arrangements are made for your chest x-ray
and laboratory tests as well. Once your medical has been completed the doctor will forward the medical
results to CIC.
Any costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility and are payable at the time of the
examination. Should your application be refused following the completion of your medical examination
these costs will not be refunded.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)
- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one government-issued document
with photograph and signature, such as a passport or national identity card)
- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing
medical conditions
- Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical
enabled” on the CIC website listed above)
Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions.
Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.

BUT THERE IS A GOOOD NEWS FOR YOU.
1. IMMIGRATION OFFICERS ARE HUMAN LIKE US SO MOST OF THE TIME THEY ARE UNDERSTANDING.WHENEVER YOU CAN NOT MEET THE DEADLINE THEY REQUEST, YOU NEED TO RITE TO THEM BEFORE END OF THE DEADLINE EXPLAIN WHY YOU CAN NOT MEET IT AND, WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEND WHATEVER THEY NEED FROM YOU.
2.WHEN YOU ARE IN CANADA FOR EXAMPLE, YOU CAN PERFORM THE EXAMS FROM THERE. (IN EVERY COUNTRY THEY HAVE DOCTORS), SO THE FACT THAT ONE IS NOT IN UGANDA SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM ..

If need any further clarification let me know.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
MNM2015 said:
Glad to see you are still around Tun. Hope your husband is settling in well and it's everything you imagined it to be. Just wondering if you had any tips for landing, getting SIN, AB Health (I think you are in Calgary too), etc. Or anything even that you've found helped your husband adjust to life in Canada? Thanks so much.
MNM2015 said:
Everything is great here! Landing was very simple a few questions and then was told not to go anywhere until his PR card shows up. We went the next day to apply for a SIN and just got papers to do the AB Health number. We live in downtown Calgary so it's been good for my husband to be central to a lot of things. He was able to get into a 3 week immigration school for free to learn about things here in Canada. They also help new people with their resumes. That was great for him and he has already found a job that was posted on Kiiji. He even takes the c train to work! He has also found a place to play soccer which he loves! One thing he finds different here is the heat, which seems weird when Arusha can get pretty hot, but he says it's different here but otherwise all is good. I always like to check and see if anyone is getting good news. I know it feels like forever !

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Yes, as far as I know she will have one year from the date of her medical (unless her passport expires first). The date will be shown on the COPR she will receive.

I asked before about redoing the police certificate and was told there is an expiry date on the certificate, often 6 months, so they usually ask you to redo that as well.

Can you please post once you receive your notes? I am very curious if they have started working on your file as we applied about a month after you so will give me an idea when to order our notes again. Thank you!
Got my notes yesterday! Unfortunately, I requested it to be sent to my email (since I'm in Uganda) but instead they sent it to my mailing address! Interestingly, they put the notes (1MB) in a CD! Very interesting concept. I got my parents to send me the file, taking them about half an hour to figure it out (parents are not tech-savvy type of person)
It's 30 pages long! Good news is, the latest note does show that they received our child's passport and Canadian citizenship certificate. Bad news is that they have not started the assessments..........

Waiting game........

Just wondering, those who ordered one of these notes, do they usually update them? And how often can I request for it? I hope it's not $5 every time I request for it.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
skwan said:
Got my notes yesterday! Unfortunately, I requested it to be sent to my email (since I'm in Uganda) but instead they sent it to my mailing address! Interestingly, they put the notes (1MB) in a CD! Very interesting concept. I got my parents to send me the file, taking them about half an hour to figure it out (parents are not tech-savvy type of person)
It's 30 pages long! Good news is, the latest note does show that they received our child's passport and Canadian citizenship certificate. Bad news is that they have not started the assessments..........

Waiting game........

Just wondering, those who ordered one of these notes, do they usually update them? And how often can I request for it? I hope it's not $5 every time I request for it.
Do they usually update it? yes, whenever an officer works on your file and shares(save) information. If since last time you ordered your notes none opened your file and you order a new note, so both of notes will be the same. I think it's worth $5 instead of scratching your head thinking of what's going on. Starting July 23,2016(Unless they change it again) we will be able to link and view our application through"My CIC Account" and get an alert whenever an officer updates the file.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Tun701 said:
MNM2015 said:
Everything is great here! Landing was very simple a few questions and then was told not to go anywhere until his PR card shows up. We went the next day to apply for a SIN and just got papers to do the AB Health number. We live in downtown Calgary so it's been good for my husband to be central to a lot of things. He was able to get into a 3 week immigration school for free to learn about things here in Canada. They also help new people with their resumes. That was great for him and he has already found a job that was posted on Kiiji. He even takes the c train to work! He has also found a place to play soccer which he loves! One thing he finds different here is the heat, which seems weird when Arusha can get pretty hot, but he says it's different here but otherwise all is good. I always like to check and see if anyone is getting good news. I know it feels like forever !
Thanks so much for the info Tun. I am really glad your husband is adjusting well to life in Canada and am super impressed he's already found a job especially given the economy in Calgary! The soccer team is a great idea, I'm sure my husband would love to do that too and it would be a great way for him to meet people. That's funny about the heat in Calgary. My husband is living in the USA and complains about the heat there which I always find strange given he is from Uganda. I keep telling him Canada will be better but maybe he'll still be complaining ;D

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:

Waiting game........

Thanks for the update skwan although incredibly disappointing that they haven't done anything with your file yet and I assume it's been in Dar for about 5 months now. I'm sure that means nothing has been done with mine either :( I will wait to see what this new thing on the 23rd shows. I don't have high hopes it will be very helpful and if it's not I will order notes again. And like gabba said it costs $5 each time but is updated every time there is activity with your file.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
You wonder what on earth they are doing in the VO.......

Anyways, I know someone (a pastor) who once helped a church member of his get a visitor's visa to Canada, he got accepted so quick. Guess what now? He declares himself 'gay' and now he receives $600 per month, free accommodation, free lawyer (for proving that he is homosexual), free education AND he plans now to sponsor his family to Canada.
I wonder if the sponsorship of his family have succeeded yet. If I had contact with an officer, I would rat out on this individual that he is only there to reap benefits of Canadians' tax money.........

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
skwan said:
You wonder what on earth they are doing in the VO.......

Anyways, I know someone (a pastor) who once helped a church member of his get a visitor's visa to Canada, he got accepted so quick. Guess what now? He declares himself 'gay' and now he receives $600 per month, free accommodation, free lawyer (for proving that he is homosexual), free education AND he plans now to sponsor his family to Canada.
I wonder if the sponsorship of his family have succeeded yet. If I had contact with an officer, I would rat out on this individual that he is only there to reap benefits of Canadians' tax money.........
Did he get his visa because he was gay or he wants to stay in Canada declaring himself gay? As you know Some or many countries condemn homosexual relationships, gays and lesbians face different assaults including death, there is nothing wrong to provide a shelter to someone in need regardless his/her orientation. However many people use that card and other reasons to abuse our system, unfortunately that's one of the reasons why our applications take longer to process, VO take time trying to see if our relationships are genuine not just a bridge to Canada, that what happens at VO....and we pay the price :( :( :( :( :( ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
gabba50 said:
Did he get his visa because he was gay or he wants to stay in Canada declaring himself gay? As you know Some or many countries condemn homosexual relationships, gays and lesbians face different assaults including death, there is nothing wrong to provide a shelter to someone in need regardless his/her orientation. However many people use that card and other reasons to abuse our system, unfortunately that's one of the reasons why our applications take longer to process, VO take time trying to see if our relationships are genuine not just a bridge to Canada, that what happens at VO....and we pay the price :( :( :( :( :( ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Was not gay at all, went to a church here (Uganda) and as many Ugandans are very against the idea of being gay. The person only declared himself gay and proved in every way he was gay, with the intention to only reap benefits of being in Canada...
Remember I said that he is now sponsoring his family (with kids) to be in Canada......how on earth can immigration even accept this after he declared himself gay. He should be barred from traveling to Canada for making such a lie and ruining the system for genuine people like us.
If only I can find his name, I would honestly report him so he can be deported back to Uganda

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Was not gay at all, went to a church here (Uganda) and as many Ugandans are very against the idea of being gay. The person only declared himself gay and proved in every way he was gay, with the courage to even tell the judge to call his pastor. Weird situation.
Remember I said that he is now sponsoring his family (with kids) to be in Canada......how on earth can immigration even accept this after he declared himself gay. He should be barred from traveling to Canada for making such a lie and ruining the system for genuine people like us.
That is crazy! I don't understand how we can allow people to take advantage of the system like that. It sounds way too easy and lucrative to just claim you are gay when you are not. And then to be able to sponsor your wife and kids later, that just blows my mind! Like you said people like that are what makes it difficult for everyone else who follows the rules. Obviously it is different if you really are gay as would be very difficult to live in Uganda. I'd like to know how they are approved for a visitor visa in the first place. Based on my husband's experience it's not very easy.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
That is crazy! I don't understand how we can allow people to take advantage of the system like that. It sounds way too easy and lucrative to just claim you are gay when you are not. And then to be able to sponsor your wife and kids later, that just blows my mind! Like you said people like that are what makes it difficult for everyone else who follows the rules. Obviously it is different if you really are gay as would be very difficult to live in Uganda. I'd like to know how they are approved for a visitor visa in the first place. Based on my husband's experience it's not very easy.
I agree with you MNM. Its not very easy to approve for a visitor visa for people i would say are genuine. They denied me thrice even after presenting documents that i can not be away from my baby who was just 3 years old, hence i was leaving her behind. I gave the letter from my employer showing i was on leave and all the necessary documents........ they still couldn't let me. I just don't understand. I find it so unfair! :mad: