+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

I have adream

Jul 3, 2011
sohrab919 said:
yeah i was in the protests in iran, im lucky i didnt get the worst of it, i just got hit a few times but i was able to run away, anyways i hope the best for the people of syria, no human being deserves this...... they just want freedom and rights...... its not too much to ask , but yeah i was expecting this day to come, the embassy is still functional , but if this continues they will close it down :-X
thanks you everyone here for the nice feeling and supporting for the Syrian people , but trust me guys what i see here in Syria on everyday basis is really hard to be seen in any other place around the world
inshalla " by God will " , the Canadian embassy will not be closed in Damascus " As Long As the Syrian govermnet and the gangs following it stay away from it " .... and inshalla people in the Canadian embassy will feel the heat in the country and will speed up the process for everyone here :)

NH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Hi guys,

My husband recieved an update from the MP. they just sent him(the MP) some dates that 15 of december they recieved my file and 19 april they sent me the RQ. also they stated that they started working on my file on 19th april the same day that i was asked for additional documents. dose it mean that from 15 december until 19 april they they did not do any thing on the file??? dose it mean that they look on files when they send the RQ and before that it is nothing???

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
I talked to the call centre in regards to the situation in Syria. I was told that they r keeping a very close eye on the situation and as of now they r functioning as normal but if they should have to close the embassy they will transfer our files to another visa office if it is going to be a long closure. if it is a temporary closure our files will wait . maybe they will transfer to an office that processes quicker??? my heart goes out to all the Syrian people .... may they all be safe .

NH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
hope in this case they dont transfer files to somewhere like abudahbi or singapour, also we really dont want any delay like temprory closure oh god please please help us!!!. may all the peole in syria be safe and secure.

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
sohrab919 said:
yeah i was in the protests in iran, im lucky i didnt get the worst of it, i just got hit a few times but i was able to run away, anyways i hope the best for the people of syria, no human being deserves this...... they just want freedom and rights...... its not too much to ask , but yeah i was expecting this day to come, the embassy is still functional , but if this continues they will close it down :-X
If Syrian people are unhappy about their government they should protest their own government. They don't have right to attack the embassies of other countries.

Azadehkhanoom

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
2-11-2010
Guys the people who attacked the French and US embassies were supporters of Bashar Assad. Apparently politicians from these two countries were travelling through Syria without informing the Syrian government. That's why I think if the situation doesn't escalate, the Canadian embassy is not at risk.
That's just an opinion.I think for those of us who are hopefully at the end of the waiting period changing embassies will not be good!

I have adream

Jul 3, 2011
mazloom said:
If Syrian people are unhappy about their government they should protest their own government. They don't have right to attack the embassies of other countries.
Hi mazloom ,
the ones who attacked the embassies are the ones who support the goverment NOT the protests

htraboul

May 27, 2011
Azadehkhanoom said:
Guys the people who attacked the French and US embassies were supporters of Bashar Assad. Apparently politicians from these two countries were travelling through Syria without informing the Syrian government. That's why I think if the situation doesn't escalate, the Canadian embassy is not at risk.
That's just an opinion.I think for those of us who are hopefully at the end of the waiting period changing embassies will not be good!
I agree with you, the US and french embassadors went to the city of Hamah to support the manifestations there without informing the syrian authorities which explains what happened today.
For sure changing embassy will not good for us

I have adream

Jul 3, 2011
guys ...
inshalla nothing will happen to the Canadian embassy .
i know the way things go here in Syria , and let me tell you that todays attack is 100% planned by the Syrian goverment the way it happened and as long as A+M called the center today and they said that they are keeping an eye on it , i think we are still on the save side , because even the US and France havent made the decision to close there embassies " whom been attacked "
cheer up everyone ...at least you are not in Syria like me ;)

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone.yes the attackers were the supporters of the goverment,as dear azadehkhanum said.
wow sohrab you really were lucky to escape.kheli birahman una. :mad:
anyway,I got an e-mail from the embassy today ,in fact it was a reply to my e-mail which was sent 20 days ago.they also mentioned that they are using all their resourses to speed up the process regarding the files of spouse sponsorship.hope it is true and not just a response they give to calm us! ::)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
guys relax me too i did a little research abt what would happen if an embassy is closed undefinately; ppl from this forum told me that files from Haiti were transfered to Dominican republic after the earthquake and they r still processed in Dominican; also the files from Cairo were apparently transfered to Damascus during the weeks of unrest; so they continue working, don't worry....it's not clear though where the files from Damascus would b transfered hope not Abu-Dhabi, maybe a new office like Beirut or maybe Cairo (like agreement between them :/ ) or maybe they transfer a few files here, a few files there :/ my instinct tells me it's the same officer(s) who work on it, they r just phisically somewhere else

don't freak out, if something is meant to happen it will happen; the important is that sooner or later the good news will come :)

hibz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
missmini said:
guys relax me too i did a little research abt what would happen if an embassy is closed undefinately; ppl from this forum told me that files from Haiti were transfered to Dominican republic after the earthquake and they r still processed in Dominican; also the files from Cairo were apparently transfered to Damascus during the weeks of unrest; so they continue working, don't worry....it's not clear though where the files from Damascus would b transfered hope not Abu-Dhabi, maybe a new office like Beirut or maybe Cairo (like agreement between them :/ ) or maybe they transfer a few files here, a few files there :/ my instinct tells me it's the same officer(s) who work on it, they r just phisically somewhere else

don't freak out, if something is meant to happen it will happen; the important is that sooner or later the good news will come :)
Agree.. inshallah, if things remain relatively the same, the embassy will not close. The US and French embassies were purposely targeted today due to the visit that the US and French ambassadors made to Hama late last week. I highly doubt that similar acts of violence will take place again because if they were the international consequences will be severe.
In all cases, and in worst case scenarios, if the embassy does decide to close I feel like they will most likely close "indefinitely" and considering that Cario's applications were transferred to Damascus during the unrest in Egypt i think Damascus applications will most likely be transferred to Cario, which has a processing time of 12 months.
I doubt they will be transferred to abu dhabi because the applications there already take 27 months to be processed, add the strain from Damascus's applications--if they were to be transferred there--and the wait times will be close to 3 years! Which will be outrageous and far from likely. So God forbid if the embassy does close, our files will most likely be transferred to Cairo...
Keep praying guys and keep your hopes up high, inshallah there is an end to all this waiting :)

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
htraboul said:
bala siyesé ya chabeb = Without politic guys
They are not talking in politics. They are just talking about things that is related the place that let us live with our beloved ones that if they let down the cup of coffee and move their lazy ****** **ses.

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
sohrab919 said:
back to the old ****** process of damascus, freaking ridiculous , when we got 8 ppr in 11 days i knew it was too good to be true, **** this process,
Salam Sohrab jaan, hope you are doing well. I see that the frkn process has got your patience low. Stay hopeful brother.

guys, I pulled some strings and sent a very nasty email towards Mr. Jason Kenney (minister of Immigration), the person behind all of our sorrows. I questioned the student visas from different countries like Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Brazil, and... I was right, apparently this guy is all about money, actually in a short term form. The international students spend a lot of money, sometimes 5 times more in tuition fees than landed immigrants and citizens. He does not care that long processes for family sponsorship creates many issues. All he cares about is short term capital. He doesn't think properly that by our spouses joining us we will have a family, and in the long run it will be good for our economy. He also loves investing immigrants. Anyways, it seems like he is going to stick to his word and keep the laws this way. All together, we could really spend some more money to speed up these stupid processes instead of bombing Libya. There is really not much to it, if they could make me a passport in 4 days I am sure they could process these applications in less than a month.

Enough nagging from me, get me updated guys, if my application is complete, how long would it really take till my lovely wife gets here?

By the way, I might head to Iran after I am done a couple of courses. I wont be taking nothing so let me give me whatever you want me to take for your spouses :)