+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

I have adream

Jul 3, 2011
So happy for all of those who got PPR today
you know guys ... i wish that ppl in the embassy see how happy we got when someone get a ppr
I am sure that they would give it to all of us at once ;)

bash

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 05,2011
Azadehkhanoom said:
Dear Bash,
Congratulations on your wedding and the PPR!
Thank you for your detailed explanation of the process you went through in Damascus. Why did it take them 4 hours to collect the passport?God knows.
The important thing is you are united with your wife and I wish you both a great life in Canada :)
Thank you,
My wife told me that inside they are slow processing people !, and they dont care about how long they let u wait, i hope u will get ur ppr soon

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
hi everyone! how is everything . congrats to everyone who got their ppr. I am with my husband here and everything is great I'm really praying to get the visa before I come back!

tati00

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
lebanon - tripoli
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/3/2011
File Transfer...
27/4/2011
Med's Done....
4/2/2011
Congrats for all who got their PPR :)
starving for moreeee :D

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Hi guys,

It is good to be here in such a friendly forum who all share the same issues.

I am wondering, what is PPR? and also in the chart I saw a number under column called RQ, what is RQ? Please fill me in guys.
Also, as requested by the documents my wife did he medical exam before hand, when I sent the stuff to Mississauga. Does she have to do it again?

thanks

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Oh azadehkhanoom i'm sooooo happy for you! congratulations!

aliaria, first that i read "i got it passport request", i thought you got your passport request, then i saw your other post and found out that you meant you got what ppr means! lol! ;) anyway, rq stands for residency questionnaire which damascus sends to the sponsored person after a while, asking some questions about the sponsor's job and where the sponsor lives and stuff like that. if the medical expires before the your wife gets the visa, damascus will ask your wife to redo the medical.

dear nagz, i'm pretty sure you're coming back with ppr :-*

NH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
AliAria said:
Oh, I got it :) passport request :)
Dear ali aria,

her medical would be valid for one year. also RQ is a questionnaire that damscus will send to you and your wife to fill it it is just some questions regarding your residency status in canada, not an important issue

good luck

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
vivi2 said:
Oh azadehkhanoom i'm sooooo happy for you! congratulations!

aliaria, first that i read "i got it passport request", i thought you got your passport request, then i saw your other post and found out that you meant you got what ppr means! lol! ;) anyway, rq stands for residency questionnaire which damascus sends to the sponsored person after a while, asking some questions about the sponsor's job and where the sponsor lives and stuff like that. if the medical expires before the your wife gets the visa, damascus will ask your wife to redo the medical.

dear nagz, i'm pretty sure you're coming back with ppr :-*
Hehehe, first of thank you for your prompt reply I appreciate your answer, I wishhhh I had her passport requested.

I have another question, due to the mail services in Mid East, who could a passport would be sent to Damascus and back, for example, lets say from Iran? 4 years ago my sister in law took her passport to Syrian embassy in Tehran.

BTW, my sister in law came to Canada 4 years ago with spousal sponsorship, her file took only 2 months all together in Syria... My brother pushed the PM a lot, and at that time the processing times were much less than today.

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
NH said:
Dear ali aria,

her medical would be valid for one year. also RQ is a questionnaire that damscus will send to you and your wife to fill it it is just some questions regarding your residency status in canada, not an important issue

good luck
Thank you for the answer NH, btw I sent in full documents, filling both questioners out. Hope they would not want anymore, again I just don't trust the Post service in MidEast, specifically in Iran. I have sent many things and have disappeared. (including my mom's birth certificate)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
dear Aliaria,
what happens is that we drop off the passport at the aramex or dhl or tnt office, they take it to the canadian embassy in tehran, tehran transfers them to damascus by the mail services between embassies, and when the visa is issued and sent back to tehran, the post service you gave the passport to in the first place picks up the passport from the tehran embassy and calls you to go and get it from them! but usually it takes so much time, like around 5-6 weeks. That's how i did it for my own visa.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
by the way, aliaria and also koumail130, would you like to share your timelines with us? ;)

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
vivi2 said:
dear Aliaria,
what happens is that we drop off the passport at the aramex or dhl or tnt office, they take it to the canadian embassy in tehran, tehran transfers them to damascus by the mail services between embassies, and when the visa is issued and sent back to tehran, the post service you gave the passport to in the first place picks up the passport from the tehran embassy and calls you to go and get it from them! but usually it takes so much time, like around 5-6 weeks. That's how i did it for my own visa.
Thank you vivi jan,

I really appreciate the peace of mind, very very comforting. the 4 -6 weeks is alright to me, as long as it is safe. And congratulations on getting your visa, wish you all the best in Canada, it is a great country just remember to stick to your lovely wife/husband no matter what, and work really hard.

Well I sent the sponsorship papers to Mississauga Jan 25, and they started processing my files in Damascus March 15th. Does it really take 11 months? I miss my wife very much.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
AliAria said:
Thank you vivi jan,

I really appreciate the peace of mind, very very comforting. the 4 -6 weeks is alright to me, as long as it is safe. And congratulations on getting your visa, wish you all the best in Canada, it is a great country just remember to stick to your lovely wife/husband no matter what, and work really hard.

Well I sent the sponsorship papers to Mississauga Jan 25, and they started processing my files in Damascus March 15th. Does it really take 11 months? I miss my wife very much.
your welcome aliaria jan,
oh by my visa i meant i got my pr visa myself a few months ago, and i'm sponsoring my husband now ;) you're about 1 month ahead of me, my husband's file was received in damascus in april.
no, it doesn't really take 11 months. like if you look at our chart most cases are finalized in maximum 8 months. i remember recently someone posted a reply he/she had received from damascus, and in that email it was said that they're doing their best to finalize files in 9 months from the day the receive it and the files which are complete will be finalized quicker.
I know, I miss my husband so much :( hopefully this process will be over for all of us very sooooooon :)