16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
Ali_M3 said:
It is very inconvenient (also given the current situation in Syria) but if my wife gets her PPR, I will opt for the same thing. I heard that if you give your passport to the embassy in Tehran, it will take 4-8 weeks before you get your visa.
azizam nothing has changed, ghablan am hamin bood, same process only from tehran

minsha

Jan 22, 2011
sohrab919 said:
azizam nothing has changed, ghablan am hamin bood, same process only from tehran
My understanding is that if there was not such a restriction, we could have used DHL or TNT and mail the passport directly to Damascus. this would have taken 10 days - compare with 4-6 weeks! Travel to Damascus on the other hand is a pain - but yes, it's the fastest.

shimasafar

May 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I am new here and check your messages every day. I always pray for all of you and hope to see your loved ones very soon. I sent our application to Mississauga in April 7,I reccieved the first letter in May 16. they mentioned that I am eligible as a sponsor and my husband's application has been sent to Damascus. I just wanna know that is my application in Damascus now, if so how can I figure it out?

Ali_M3

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohrab919 said:
Sohrab jan, I recall that when I got my own PPR in 2008, Tehran visa office gave me a call and told me that your visa is arrived and you should hand in your passport and the next day they gave back my passport. I don't know, may be it is because I applied under investor class or perhaps it has to do with the fact that Canadian embassy in Tehran doesn't have an ambassador.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
shimasafar said:
Hi guys, I am new here and check your messages every day. I always pray for all of you and hope to see your loved ones very soon. I sent our application to Mississauga in April 7,I reccieved the first letter in May 16. they mentioned that I am eligible as a sponsor and my husband's application has been sent to Damascus. I just wanna know that is my application in Damascus now, if so how can I figure it out?
Dear Shimasafar,
Welcome and congratulations on the first stage approval! :)
Have you tried checking online? You can check the e-cas website with your client id that was in your sponsorship approval letter. But don't worry if it doesn't show anything, people have been telling me many times that it is not a very updated website. For me at first it was "not available" and after 2 weeks changed to "application received".

htraboul

May 27, 2011
vivi2 said:
Dear Shimasafar,
Have you tried checking online? You can check the e-cas website with your client id that was in your sponsorship approval letter. But don't worry if it doesn't show anything, people have been telling me many times that it is not a very updated website. For me at first it was "not available" and after 2 weeks changed to "application received".
Dear vivi,

Do you know normally when it should change from "application received" to application in process? They recieved my application in Damascus office on jan 2011 but until moment it still the same on the website "application received". Is that normal?
thank you

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
htraboul said:
Dear vivi,

Do you know normally when it should change from "application received" to application in process? They recieved my application in Damascus office on jan 2011 but until moment it still the same on the website "application received". Is that normal?
thank you
Dear htraboul,
I've always heard that after Damascus receives the application the e-cas is not updated most of the times! People in this thread told me this too, I think it was Sohrab.
So don't worry at all. My application was received in Damascus in April, I have a file number for my case, so basically it is "in process", but the website just shows "application received"! Its not important at all. :)

shimasafar

May 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivi2 said:
Dear Shimasafar,
Dear vivi,
Thanks for reply, I checked it but it says "Not avaliable". what should I do? should I call them or send them an email? do they answer? do you know how long should I wait for processing my husband's application in Damascus?

Ali_M3

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just be patient. Mine took about a month, after being sent to Damascus, to show in e-cas.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
shimasafar said:
Dear vivi,
Thanks for reply, I checked it but it says "Not avaliable". what should I do? should I call them or send them an email? do they answer? do you know how long should I wait for processing my husband's application in Damascus?
I don't think there's any need to contact them. Don't worry. They will receive it (if not received by now). And don't trust that website at all! That's what of I've heard a million times everywhere! Damascus will contact you whenever necessary, so even if you don't hear anything for a while that's normal! ... People here have posted there timelines on this thread, its so different case by case. And I believe its not predictable! On the CIC website it is mentioned that 80% of the cases in last year were finalized in 11 months, but god knows how long it will be for us in this year and for every different case. ;)

MH.Danesh

Dec 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
17-01-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
CONGRATULATION MINSHA WISH YOU ALL THE BEST :)

GOOD LUCK SARA DON'T WORRY EVERYTHING WILL BE SMOOTH AND YOU WILL GET YOUR VISA OVER THERE.
WISH EVERYONE GET THEIR PPR SOON

Mohammad_AB

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Dear Sara,
there is one thing very important. I remember about my friend four years ago. when his wife went to Syria for the interview. two officer interviewed her at the same time. one in English and the other one in Persian. they do this to make sure you are not faking the answers.

just consider it. the rest is nothing.

your line will be green sooner than you think ;)

htraboul

May 27, 2011
Hi Guys,
Do you know if it is possible that my wife applies for a student visa while she is waiting for the sponsorship one. She has got an acceptation from a university in canada to start studies this fall.
Our spousal sponsorshio application is in Damascus since january 10, 2011.
I dont know if it will be a wise idea, as I know that to get the student visa it will take one mounth after getting the CAQ (Certificat d'acceptance du Quebec. From the table of linetimes I am expecting three more mounths to get the sponsorship visa. I hope it will be less
Thank you for your advices

yenafar

May 9, 2011
yes she can and most probably she will get her visa, if I were you I would ask her to apply for the visa since she has nothing to loose and she will eventually get her PR even if she gets rejected now

S

shazdehTheSecond

yenafar said:
yes she can and most probably she will get her visa, if I were you I would ask her to apply for the visa since she has nothing to loose and she will eventually get her PR even if she gets rejected now
agreed. if she loses this opportunity, she will have to wait till the next september. that's a logical justification in case the visa officer ask