+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
yea Kokobsb,

1. did they ask for a civil state Doc, the national ID card, or they asked namely for something showing your marital status?, they probably asked you for a document to show that you are single, and your canadian marriage is the first marriage.
2. military background is compulsory, i have submitted that with the application, I got it from the ministry of defense here, it shows that I didnt serve in the army.
3. I dont Know what is certificate du selection.
4. I Paid right of residency fee with the application.

Regards.

zohreh.ty

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Kamal225

No change in my ecase..

good luck

tbone

Jun 9, 2010
Hey People!

Just to give you guys an update.. I was at the Embassy in Damascus a few days ago and asked about my application and they told me it is going to take about another 1-2 months before they issue the visa... They apparently have alot of applications right now..

Sit tight people..

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Hey Tbone,

good update, yet, who gave you the update, was he/she the officer in charge of your case?

they started processing your application on 17 june, most of us have been waiting now for 5 months or more, and none of us got a visa yet, isnt it strange to give you such an estimation when they are almost always vague in their reply.

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Hi mza, welcome to the forum.

No nothing here at all, but I think that canadian marriages dont need to be registered here, I have been through some cases who got finalized without asking for it.

you can also share your dates with us, and we update the list so that we can compare our timelines,

regards

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Patrick,
you just read my mind , Tbone must have get really lucky to get such an update
Tbone, can you please give more details about your visit to damascus
did you meet with an officer and they check your status if yes that is really great at least they mention that they will issue a visa within the next month which means everything is going fine

Patrick and all,
on other threads most of March applicants have received their visa for buffalo / new delhi most april have got their visa so I guess we are soon to be done
stay positive, and patrick sometimes visiting the embassy early in the morning most of the time you will a great help from the staff at the embassy.

good luck everyone

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
tbone said:
Hey People!

Just to give you guys an update.. I was at the Embassy in Damascus a few days ago and asked about my application and they told me it is going to take about another 1-2 months before they issue the visa... They apparently have alot of applications right now..

Sit tight people..
Dear Tbone,
The statement is worthy if they actually assessed your case before answering you.
Did they ask your file number or something ? Did they check your application or just simply said some words ? How much do you think her estimation is precise ?
If her answer is precise then it is not a bad news ( although I still believe 2 months is a very long period of time).
Take care

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone, any updates
we send an inqury almost 5 days now and they did not answer us yet to update status and to clear the issue of no address along beside my name.
I am hoping to hear some news by next week
on cic website they are processing files received up to June 30, 2010 so I wonder what happen to our files
for almost all of us on this thread we should be finalized soon.
In damascus they are closed on saturday, back to work on sunday and open to public theywill be too busy to work on our files and then monday is labour day in Canada which means the embassy in damasucs will be closed
let us hope from next week they will start to finish cases faster
have a nice weekend everyone

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
hi kamal and everybody.

we are all frustrated, Monday is labor day, Thursday is eid al fitr, they will only work for two days this week.

I believe that visa section is different from immigration section, so seeing public has nothing to do with our files.

I called my uncle today, who got his immigrant visa himself sons and his wife, his application was in the skilled worker category, he said that his application was only finalized once it was transfered to Warsaw, and he thinks that those buggers barely work.

I sent an inquiry yesterday, I attached an invitation letter from a medical institution in Canada,who needs to evaluate me for work, hoping that they take that in consideration.

my wife will see the mp of her region in his office on Thursday.

I am going crazy here, and feels like going to the embassy this week, they need to be shouted at.

best of luck, and damn them.

sorry.

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
dear patrick !!
Take a deep breath and lets take it easy... I am sure they have their own rules and are obeying those rules. I am pretty sure that they don't want to cause us troubles but sometimes the laws and regulations are more complicated than what we see...
What we see is just "THEY HAVEN'T MADE DECISION YET" !!! but I'm sure beyond this simple sentence there are too many procedures and steps that should be passed before an immigration officer comes to a conclusion
further more we are going to be one of them, therefore we should respect and obey their rules
I know how difficult it is to stay away from your spouse and watching your plans being messed up... but
please stay calm and wait more.... As an old irony says Patient is always appreciated....
Best of lucks of all of us

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patrick,
i just send you a personel message
just take a deep breath and try to stay calm

all the best

mza8314

Aug 31, 2010
Hi Patrick,

The damascus office started processing my wife's application on december 22, 2009. There was a letter sent by the visa section on march 9, 2010 but was lost in the mail because of a mistake done by an embassy employee, luckily the person who found the letter called us and we were able to recover it however it was the begining of May and the end of the 60 day notice given in the letter. they were asking us for a family book and to pay the RPS fee. we contacted them numerous times and we corrected them although the mailing address associated with the application was very clear. since May i have been inquiring and all i get is that the application is in queue for review. I contacted the local mp and is now dealing with them on my behalf. i also sent a letter along with supporting documents to the ministers office last week explaining how the damascus office has gone beyond their service standard. No replies from the minister yet, my mp is going to contact them next week.

Good luck to everyone

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
mza8314
thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
please keep us updated in future as well
best wishes for you