2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
mikey said:
oops, you are right!I totally forgot about that. when I saw the email, i threw my hat against the wall and lost my brain.

there is no need to ask them to confirm the receipt of the Residency questionnaire that my wife sent to them because they CC'd my wife on the email. She sent her email address on separate paper with the Residency questionnaire.
they acknowledged the receipt of my RQ and they acknowledged the receipt of the documents i sent in june .. i was actually surprised they did. that`s what they had said

email 1:
Please be advised that your documents were received and the application is in queue for review. Please be patient as we will contact you when the application reaches the next stage of processing. In the meantime, if there is any change in the information submitted for the application please inform us as soon as possible.

email 2:
En réponse à votre courriel ci-dessous, veuillez prendre note que nous avons bien reçu les documents que vous avez envoyés, votre dossier est en révision chez l'agent en charge pour déterminer si toutes les exigences ont été rencontrés.

Nous communiquerons avec vous dès que nous serons prêts à passer à l’étape suivante du traitement ou si nous avons besoin de documents / informations supplémentaires.

Nous vous prions d’agréer, Monsieur, l’expression de nos sentiments distingués.

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
p.s : i'm not monsieur, my husband is the monsieur lol

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
nagz2207 said:
p.s : i'm not monsieur, my husband is the monsieur lol
Dont feel bad....They called Madam when they send me the RQ request
but today the called me sir lol...it is a plus for the person who sent the email....look at me i know how two differentiate yeeey

wait me my love

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ali_M3 said:
With regarding to the medical and police certificate, we have updated them before that embassy asks for them.
So do you think, i must redo the medical now, even if they didnt tell me to redo it..just to save time!!

iltham

Oct 29, 2010
damascus
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
Doc's Request.
18-05-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Passport Req..
16-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2011
I think we should redo them before they tell us

S

shazdehTheSecond

FAQ

We will try to update and circulate this posting to avoid repetitive discussions. This will also enable an effective knowledge sharing.
all the answers in this posting are based on the experiences of the people active in this forum, for accurate and fully reliable information, please visit CIC website.

Question Answer

What is PPR?PassPort Request. This is the final stage of the process in which the visa office asks the applicant to provide his/her passport in person or by carrier.

While waiting for my sponsorship application, can I apply for a tourist visa? Yes, you can, but the chances are very low. Because it's hard to prove that you have strong ties to your home country, given the fact your spouse lives in Canada

While waiting for my sponsorship application, can I apply for a student visa? Yes, you can, provided that you have an admission from a well-known canadian university, you should be able to get your visa, but you will still have to go back to your home country when your sponsorship visa is ready. otherwise it may take a while.

how can I contact the damascus visa office if I have a question? email to damascus-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca (sometimes their mailbox is full, try again after a few hours)

my medical is expiring, what do you think I should do?Normally you should wait until the officer asks for redoing the test, however, in our discussions, we came to the conclusion that it would not hurt to redo the medical test and have the receipt ready. If they issued the visa and did not ask for the new medical, you have lost only some $200 but if they want you will be at least 5 weeks ahead of the game. In short, it is recommended to redo your medical 2 or 3 weeks prior to the expiration. same applies for police clearance

is there any way to express our frustration to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada? you may fill following survey by Sep 19, 2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/index.asp (here: http://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/immigration2/?l=eng)

or you can sign a petition here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Familyreunification

What is RQit stands for Residency Questionnaire. it's a stupid process which is exclusive to Damascus office. They want to make sure if you are still residing in Canada.

how can i join this forum?provide your detailed information in a posting under this thread, a volunteer will append your info to the list. everyone in this forum is obliged to inform everybody about any updates about their spouse sponsorship applications in Damascus. Damascus office is still active more or less and it is not closed due to the situation in Syria yet. processing time provided by the cic are not accurate at all. when it was 10 months, we had quite a few people who got their ppr in less than 6 months. check out the chart for more info.

question placeholderanswer placeholder

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
hibz said:
Please be advised that your application is in queue for review by the responsible officer. Should the file be incomplete and additional information required your spouse and yourself will be contacted.

Please note that we are devoting all available resources to ensure that our priority Family Class cases (spouses, partners, and dependent children) are processed as quickly as possible. Our objective is to finalize these cases within 13 months of the date of receipt. Routine cases, where all the required information is submitted with the application, are handled even more quickly. However, if further checks are required, finalizing the case might take longer.

For updated information on our standard processing times and for other information, we welcome you to visit our web site.

That's the email I received today...
Hibz i received the same e mail a month ago said 6 months and another one 2 days ago nsaying 11 months so relax hun ...its just random numbers , your case might be finalized in 8 or 10 or 12 u never know its a CASE by CASE !

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
ya libnan said:
Did it happen to someone to send something by post to Canadian embassy in Damascus? How long does it take? I sent a letter and with the tracking number i can see that my letter is stucked at the customs for 2 weeks now ???
yes, i sent most of my docuements by canada post and it only took them 1 week to deliver it.
by the way my wife got her passport back from the embassy 3 days ago, she said that there were about 20 person at the line infront of the embassy at 8 o'clock in the morning, so it look like they are issuing visas and they are working

hibz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Ramz27 said:
Hibz i received the same e mail a month ago said 6 months and another one 2 days ago nsaying 11 months so relax hun ...its just random numbers , your case might be finalized in 8 or 10 or 12 u never know its a CASE by CASE !
Hey Ramz,
You know it seems like they are giving people numbers randomly. Like you said it's case by case... so one can never know. For us, I personally don't expect anything from them until december, especially that our medicals will expire by the end of this month.

Hope your husband is doing okay 7abeebti. I understand your frustration with communication. We have been trying to call family back in homs and are having such a difficult time reaching them!! Hopefully you'll hear from the embassy soon.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
hibz said:
Hey Ramz,
You know it seems like they are giving people numbers randomly. Like you said it's case by case... so one can never know. For us, I personally don't expect anything from them until december, especially that our medicals will expire by the end of this month.

Hope your husband is doing okay 7abeebti. I understand your frustration with communication. We have been trying to call family back in homs and are having such a difficult time reaching them!! Hopefully you'll hear from the embassy soon.
Homs is currently a living hell :( i really worried about my husband i keep forgetting u are sponsoring ur husband right ? hes where ? in Homs? is he ok ? how long have u been waiting ? redo the medical now and send it ull save 4 to 5 weeks habibi ....go to athanas bakleh hes sweet its 6000 syrian pounds :) let me know what happens. and get a new police clearance too

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
congratulations ali, im happy for you, its good to see some kind of positivity, i wish you all the best in canada

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
i hope everyone is doing well :D we have a super short week next week but i hope we get some good news

hibz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Ramz27 said:
Homs is currently a living hell :( i really worried about my husband i keep forgetting u are sponsoring ur husband right ? hes where ? in Homs? is he ok ? how long have u been waiting ? redo the medical now and send it ull save 4 to 5 weeks habibi ....go to athanas bakleh hes sweet its 6000 syrian pounds :) let me know what happens. and get a new police clearance too
I'm from homs my husband from damascus. It breaks my heart what is happening bi 7oms :( I love that city and am just devastated from everything that is happening. Hope that your hubby's papers don't take too long. Wallah I can imagine how worried you must be.
Inshallah good news soon.
:) :)

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
hibz said:
I'm from homs my husband from damascus. It breaks my heart what is happening bi 7oms :( I love that city and am just devastated from everything that is happening. Hope that your hubby's papers don't take too long. Wallah I can imagine how worried you must be.
Inshallah good news soon.
:) :)
hey hun

yes im very worried , nshallah kheir ...damascus is safe nothing there...uve been waiting sine jan 2011 as per the chart wish u all the best ..where r u in canada ?