Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

jalalK

Jan 11, 2010
sorry kamal i overlooked your reply
well that's exactly what i did, i emailed them and they replied in 4 days
with another riddle of course
they said it's in queue for review by an officer
and like i said this time it says Canadian embassy - RLA
i think this stands for resident legal advisor and it's where they do security checks or so
but i can't be sure
anyway, do they perform these checks after the interview, or before it
thanks

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jalalk,
Honestly I dont know what does that mean
is it in an email sent to you or a file # please clarify

Doing some logic math here: started In Process 17 Nov 2009 in damascus being processed in beirut need almost one month to transfer documents to beirut dont ask why not becasue it is too far but because you may have requested the process in beirut which will casue a bit of delay to transfer file however let us start processing from beirut dec 17 / 2009 being christmas and new year and holidays I would start counting from Jan 1 / 2010.
Jan / feb/ march/april/may/june/july/august= 8 months normal process for damascus office
you have submitted your supplementary forum done your interview and finished your eight months by the end of august 2010
you will hear from them by september 10,2010 most likley you will be called on a sunday morning for your passport request if you have provided them with your telephone number otherwise they will send you an email or mail requesting a passport(in other threads from 2009 this was the case)
i will still recomend that you send an email today or by the end of next week and normally they will reply within 48 hours maximum
Checks are done within the eight month period meanwhile i'll try to look up what RLA means
By now security checks should be done.
I feel that not one family class visa has been issued around our time so if any you are still on the top of our list
All the best

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Hi Jalalk

can I ask you again when, in dates if you can remember, you were contacted by damascus to submit additional documents, and when you did so, and also when did they informed you about the interview?

jalalK

Jan 11, 2010
thanks kamal
ok listen, mine is being processed in damascus but the lawyer for some reason requested an interview in beirut, she said it's easier there. anyway the delay is justified. first because i redid my medical exam (takes more than a month to get the results) and then they said i'm in queue for an interview and then they sent my application to beirut, interviewed me, and back to damascus, and i agree with you that this transfer takes time. but i thought it doesn't take long after the interview, so i sent them an email last sunday and they replied on thursday saying it's in queue for review by an officer.
they sent me the file number back in nov 2009. as soon as they started processing
alot of things happened since i sent my application i didn't mention all of them just to keep it brief
thanks again

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
hi jalal,

I know its hard to remember all details, but would you remember when they told you about the interview?
well, i dont know if in my case they will call for an interview, since they contacted me once to submit police clearances and to fill a sponsorship questionnaire 2 months and a half after starting processing, iam afraid because calling for an interview adds more processing and delay.

thank you

jalalK

Jan 11, 2010
i do remember all details and i have all the emails and everything. here
they received my file in damascus on nov 5th, started processing on 17th mailed my wife with the file#.
jan8, embassy emailed my lawyer asking for some documents, namely my passport photocopies and sup information form,
but the lawyer didn't tell me, probably forgot, anway on feb8 a lady called me from damas ebmassy, she wanted to
know why i haven't sent her these documents, and she told me to take to the embassy next day and to mark the envelop as urgent,
i did so, she said she'll try to finish it before the 18th of the same month, coz that's when my medical would expire, but she didn't
i emailed them in late march asking for an update, they answered in exactly one month, saying that i should redo my medical and that
i'm in queue for an interview.
may7 beirut embassy called me for the interview, scheduled on june10
after the interview, i didn't hear from them, so i emailed them last sunday
they replied last thursday saying it's waiting to be reviewed by an officer
that's all
and hey for those to be interviewed an advice, don't lie, don't panic, give straight answers and learn everything
about your sponsor, even her pet's age, and yes they asked me that question
they will heavily test your english, and they will ask the same question in different ways to see if you slip up
and again the golden rule: NEVER LIE
the officer is looking for a reason to refuse not a reason to accept.
i'm ready to answer any question about the interview
i think i had the longest interview ever

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear jalal !!!

What a great lawyer you have !!!!! it is not acceptable that a lawyer forget to tell his customers what he had received !
Anyway ! Your case is very complicated ! Several questions about your case is in my mind but they may look personal so please feel free if you dont like to answer them.
Do you have big age difference with your spouse ? did you previously marry with some one else ? I mean I am looking for reasons that you asked for an interview. Have you paid the right of permanent residence fee ? have you ever been to European countries or england or usa or canada ?

Thank you

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
hi all,
sorry i have been missing for awhile, I had our daughter a week ago Friday so i have been doing mommy things. Giving birth takes a lot out of a gal.LOL

Hubby did not make it of course, and we have been doing the skype thing so he actually has gotten to see her. can't wait till he actuall gets to hold her,inshalla soon.

Happy Ramdam everyone and Allah willing we will all be with our loved ones to celebrate next year.

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Hi Jalal,

Ok, I got a clearer Idea now, this is my analysis:

they started processing on 17th Nov, your application lacks essential docs, the passport copies and the supplementary form, also named region specific form, which includes your travel history, an essential document for them to start the background check, and I wonder how your lawyer forgot them. they only started processing after getting these docs on the 8th of Feb.

They updated you in 2 months and a half, and thats the time needed by them to go over your file and make a preliminary idea of whether:

1. they have some concerns about the genuineness of the relationship and then they call you for an interview( thats the case with you)
2. your application needs some more documents to be submitted.
3. they request your passport when background checks done by intelligence Canada yields no convictions and a decision is made

now in your case, i have been over some other finalized cases in other forums, they will go over your file and make a decision, which i hope is gonna be positive, and they usually contact applicants in 1 to 3 months after interviews, so 10th of sept is the farthest the can go with your file, and Allah a3lam.

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii mingus, missing you, congratulation,a nice baby girl is a good gift, i know now why you were not available all that time.

all applicants here are mad on Damascus, they didnt issue a visa since may, thats when EgyCan got his wife the Visa. something weird is happening there, I am also especially mad on them because of the (very Soon) reply you got which turned out to be fake.

wish you all the best and the fastest recovery.

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome back mingus
let us all congratulate mingus baby girl and pray for daddy to be here soon
goodluck

jalalK

Jan 11, 2010
well rezan there's no age difference, basically we're at the same age, this is my first marriage, i paid the fee, i've never been to any of these places and i never asked for an interview, the lawyer named beirut as a preferred place for the interview should there be one. i think it's just that we got married shortly after we met, i mean in person. and it's been a while since i've last seen my wife, that arouses suspicion i guess, plus i lived in four different countries, i heard it takes longer to clear me in this case, among other things which i rather keep to myself. so yes it is complicated and the lawyer helped, making it worse of course.
and thanks patrick that's reassuring
cangrats mingus, tell me, did you inform the embassy of the whole pregnancy thing ? coz to my knowledge this should push your case further down the line

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear jalal
You are absolutely right. I hope it will be finished soon and you get good news.
I heard if someone and his wife are from different nations, they will more precisely review their case. For example a canadian woman and a non canadian man. By canadian I mean native canadian not canadian citizens
Anyway,
I'm so sad because I will loose september entry if my visa isn't issued within 3 weeks :( and hope all of us get good news soon

patrick81

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Hi kamal, just added mingus , and iraqia (from another forum) timelines, please update if any details, we are 15 applicants now ,in chronological order, i hope Canadian officers come back from summer vacation and give it a push.

Name Received by strated processing Interview? Docs Requested Docs sent Passport request Landed
CIC Mississauga Damascus
Mingus (after appeal) 10 Nov 2010 22 march 2010 few days after
Jalalk 17 Nov 2010 Bierut June 10/2010 8 Jan 2010 9 Feb 2010
Iraqia 11 Jan 2010 23 April 2010 19 May 2010
ambar 22 Jan 2010 3 March 2010 15 June 2010 22 June 2010
kamal225 29 March 2010 9 June 2010 few days after
Eli1985 24 Feb 2010 30 March 2010
Zohreh.ty 5 march 2010 6 April 2010
patrick81 8 march 2010 6 April 2010 22 June 2010 14 Aug 2010
smajd56 19 April 2010 28 Apr 2010
bantaloni 9 April 2010 1 June 2010 18 July 2010 25 July 2010
Kokobsb 16 June 2010 26 July 2010
Rezan 17 June 2010 28 July 2010 3 august 2010
Tbone 30 April 2010 17 June 2010 , 26 July 2010 28 July 2010
Iheartcanada 25 June 2010 3 August 2010
YayaMarie 1 Aug 2010

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
jalalK said:
cangrats mingus, tell me, did you inform the embassy of the whole pregnancy thing ? coz to my knowledge this should push your case further down the line
oh they knew about my pregnancy.. They got emails, letters from my dr., ultrasound pictures, and contacted by my MP. The last reply my MP's office got was that everything is still in the Q but they were sure that he would not have his visa in time "for the child's birth". Love how they couldn't even say his child's birth...

Now I am wondering if it is worth while sending them an email informing them of our daughter's birth or would this make them think no rush now - she's here.