Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
alialialrikabi said:
what we can do ? nothing other than be patient and hopfully this nitemare will be over inshallah (my wife sponsership they start processing july 11 2010 at damascus and i still watting )
Inshallah you will get great news very very soon my friend. I pray for you with all my heart. Have you tried sending them a case specific enquiry? You have passed the timeline, they should tell you why.

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivi2 said:
Souhait junam :-*
Azizam i totally understand how you feel, i hate this process with all my heart! Don't worry hon, it'll be over very soon ... Really why aren't they sending out the RQs?! Even no one from January has received it yet! :-s

vivie aziz :-* yes dear I hope it ends,time passes very slowly for me.I have started ticking each day that passes and it makes me more crazy,engar khod azari daram ???.I have been an active person but now I dont believe I have become this! :'(
wish we could at least find out if they are gonna send RQ or not, I cant say they will not send because we cant judge from the number of people who are in this forum.azizam I had decided to run everyday and try just forget the whole thing even the forum but you can see the result ;D

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
I have quick question. First of all, I did not receive my RQ yet. I last saw my wife in Nov. 2010 , now I am just wondering if it would make any difference if I visit her this summer .

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear mikey in my opinion we can visit,but it should not seem that we are not residing in canada,some say that 2-3 weeks would be ok, if you are PR .

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
souhait said:
dear mikey in my opinion we can visit,but it should not seem that we are not residing in canada,some say that 2-3 weeks would be ok, if you are PR .
one of my friends told me it will look bad to the embassy if I go visit. i really missed my wife....hanks for the answer

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear mikey,yes I know how hard it should be specially for you that have been waiting so long,yes I have heared that they may not like it but I have talked to lawyers and they have told me that 2 weeks is ok but I myself dont risk that,I prefer to stay till I get that funny form!good luck and hope you get your ppr very very soon.

bash

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 05,2011
hibz said:
Hey guys :)
Hope you're all doing well...
I want your advice on something.

My husband maybe leaving to the US on a student visa next month, and I'm wondering if we need to notify the Canadian embassy about this before he leaves or can we wait until he comes back?
Also, if we're lucky--and from the looks of it this won't happen--but if the embassy contacts us for a PPr request within this month, how much time do they give you in order to present the passport?

Thanks soo much!! :) :)

They give you 30 days I believe , not sure... good luck too all , hope for PPR

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
bash said:
hibz said:

My husband maybe leaving to the US on a student visa next month, and I'm wondering if we need to notify the Canadian embassy about this before he leaves or can we wait until he comes back?
Also, if we're lucky--and from the looks of it this won't happen--but if the embassy contacts us for a PPr request within this month, how much time do they give you in order to present the passport?

Your husband should remain a resident of Canada (live in Canada) in order to be eligible to sponsor you. He may go to a short trip to US but he should not go there for a long term. In my opinion if you tell the embassy about it, your case may be rejected.

hibz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
bash said:
hibz said:

Thanks so much Bash for your response:) I hope you're enjoying your time with your wife in Canada!
It's soo nice of you to remain in touch with us :) :)

hibz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
mazloom said:
Your husband should remain a resident of Canada (live in Canada) in order to be eligible to sponsor you. He may go to a short trip to US but he should not go there for a long term. In my opinion if you tell the embassy about it, your case may be rejected.
Hi Mazloom :)

I am residing in Canada and am the one who is sponsoring my husband...do you think it will still affect us negatively?

Thanks!

htraboul

May 27, 2011
It will not affect negativelly at all. Your husband can go anywhere
If it is for tourist he has not to inform them
If it is for work or study, so it will be for long stay he has to inform them and update his residency adress in his file.

mazloom

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010
Doc's Request.
10-11-2010
File Transfer...
02-10-2010
hibz said:
Hi Mazloom :)

I am residing in Canada and am the one who is sponsoring my husband...do you think it will still affect us negatively?

Thanks!
Hi Hibz, The purpose of issuing immigration visa is to let people stay in Canada for ever. Your husband intends to go to US for studies even before getting his PR visa. That is negative for getting his PR visa. If you tell the embassy about his intention, the embassy will ask him to finish his study first and then you may sponsor him again in future when you decide to return to Canada.

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
eyval eyval baro baxe injaro eyval lol, hey guys, i was in egypt for 3 days, immigration Canada sent me on a work trip , the embassy in cairo is coming up, they have all new systems and everything, things look good for them, i was tempted to go to damascus but i realized what difference does it make, so i didnt go,
anyways good to be back,
im glad to see everyone posting and sharing and staying in a positive mood

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
by the way if anyone is wondering about damascus, canada still has complete trust and isnt going to close the embassy anytime soon,
by the way i work for foreign affairs/immigration if anyone is interested in knowing what i do for a living

bash

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 05,2011
sohrab919 said:
by the way if anyone is wondering about damascus, canada still has complete trust and isnt going to close the embassy anytime soon,
by the way i work for foreign affairs/immigration if anyone is interested in knowing what i do for a living
welcome back sohrab, hope u enjoyed the trip, what i know that most of june applications are being transfered to ottawa, and i believe the process is the same somehow., good luck to all