+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

htraboul

May 27, 2011
nath18 said:
yes Nagz i got a visa visitor after i got married, so i stayed 4 months with my husband and had to come back to lebanon.
i hope it's like what u're saying that my docs are complete...
yalla we only have to wait.
enjoy ur stay in lebanon:)

Hi Nath18,
did you apply for the touristic visa before or after starting the sponsorship application?

Thx

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
hello!
no i applied for the visa before i got married, and before the beigniing of the sponsorship process.it wasn't easy to convince the person of the ambassy, but i gave him enough proof that i was returning to my country. and i have already been in canada once, so it was my second time.
now i'm thinking of asking for another visa while waiting for the parrainage to end, they say it's possible, but not easy...i don't know also if it's worth it, i might get my residence soon...i don't know, i will see!

htraboul

May 27, 2011
nath18 said:
hello!
no i applied for the visa before i got married, and before the beigniing of the sponsorship process.it wasn't easy to convince the person of the ambassy, but i gave him enough proof that i was returning to my country. and i have already been in canada once, so it was my second time.
now i'm thinking of asking for another visa while waiting for the parrainage to end, they say it's possible, but not easy...i don't know also if it's worth it, i might get my residence soon...i don't know, i will see!
My wife as well applied for a touristic visa before the sponsorship process. She got it easly, even they did not ask when she will be leaving Canada.
But I know a friend of mine he did the opposite. First he started with the Sponsorship in nov and he had booked every thing for his wedding in last may. Since the visa was not ready, they applied for a touristic visa. It was rejected, and the reason is that she has an immigration file in Damascus and who proofs that she will come back once the visa is expired.
My wife has almost the same line time as you, and I am sponsoring her from Quebec province but we can not wait anymore. Two days ago she went to the ambassy in beyrouth and she applied for a student visa. It will take 3 weeks to get the answer. She asked the officer if there is any problem to apply for a student visa while she has a sponsorship visa in process. he replied by no problem. We are waiting two visas now, we will see which one will be ready before ;D

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
htraboul said:
My wife as well applied for a touristic visa before the sponsorship process. She got it easly, even they did not ask when she will be leaving Canada.
But I know a friend of mine he did the opposite. First he started with the Sponsorship in nov and he had booked every thing for his wedding in last may. Since the visa was not ready, they applied for a touristic visa. It was rejected, and the reason is that she has an immigration file in Damascus and who proofs that she will come back once the visa is expired.
My wife has almost the same line time as you, and I am sponsoring her from Quebec province but we can not wait anymore. Two days ago she went to the ambassy in beyrouth and she applied for a student visa. It will take 3 weeks to get the answer. She asked the officer if there is any problem to apply for a student visa while she has a sponsorship visa in process. he replied by no problem. We are waiting two visas now, we will see which one will be ready before ;D
htraboul do u know if when the visa is ready we can pick it up from beirut or we have to go to damascus? I selected byrouth in my application as point of contact

htraboul

May 27, 2011
If you have selected the candian office in beyrouth as a point of contact, it means you have to pick it up from beyrouth.

I know also that there is a possibility to change the point of contact even after sending the application. I am willing to do so

nath18

Jul 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011
well i guess it depends on each case. i was in another forum of discussion and i notice they gave a visa tourist to a lebanese even though his canadian wife is sponsoring him.
i'm not excited about having a tourist visa and do nothing there, i really need to start working or studying, so i'm praying my visa arrives very soon, it'll be the best solution.

I have adream

Jul 3, 2011
nath18 said:
hello!
Hi there ,
I have similar case to yours , i applied for visitor visa while i was engaged to my wife but refused the first time , yet i re-applied and got accepted .... i think getting a visitor or student visa after sponsering process is very hard , if not possible ... again , i think they deal with these cases on case by case basis

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
i have a dream, forgive me to ask but what kind of reasons did u give when they accepted ur tourist visa? what kind of return proofs did u show? :-\ we got rejected once, we got rejected after we tried again, although we made a stronger application, all the time with the same reason :mad: for me it looked that their decision was made the first time and they keep it the same without even looking in depth at the extra evidence :-\ from what i saw in this forum, it's almost impossible to get

thanks (shoukran)!

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
missmini said:
i have a dream, forgive me to ask but what kind of reasons did u give when they accepted ur tourist visa? what kind of return proofs did u show? :-\ we got rejected once, we got rejected after we tried again, although we made a stronger application, all the time with the same reason :mad: for me it looked that their decision was made the first time and they keep it the same without even looking in depth at the extra evidence :-\ from what i saw in this forum, it's almost impossible to get

thanks (shoukran)!
dont waste your money dear,

its useless, they wont accept it if you have a sponsorship application going through , its very rare, you literally have to prove you have LAND, FAMILY,EDUCATION in your country that you will RETURN TO....... for example a doctor in the middle east that has a clinic can get a visitor visa since he has something legitimate in their eyes, the rest its ALL REJECTED !

I have adream

Jul 3, 2011
missmini said:

thanks (shoukran)!
Dear missmini ,
just to be clear i applied to that visa before applying for sponser spouse PPR
I provided them with lots of documents confirming that i am student and has not finished my education yet " I am medical school student " and i also provided them with paper from a hospital i used to work with " part time " mentioning that i will be taking a vacation at specific period i planned on visiting Canada
I had a tough interview , and the officer asked me to be returned in 3 weeks with another paper from the hospital and get my ticket for my visit ..anyhow , after i came back to the embassy i got a refused the first time , which drive me CRAZY
I appealed but no response from them
As long I am so " 3aneed " ..i reapplied again with more prove of my realtionship and with more document and in the secound time i got it
hope that helps

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone.like new members here I have been following this forum for a while.hope we all hear good news soon.

Wardeh

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Cambridge, ON
Visa Office......
Damascus- Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-04-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2010
Med's Done....
12-07-2010
Passport Req..
Very soon inshallah :)
souhait said:
hello everyone.like new members here I have been following this forum since my spouse sponsorship process has begun.hope we all hear good news soon.
Welcome in this Forum Souhait.