+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Elia-Elia

Jun 24, 2013
Hi, I'v got my ppr letter. I'm very happy and wish you all the gold letter ASAP.
I wanna submit my passport by myself. Does somebody know how long it would take to get the passport back? Please share your experience if you've submitted the passport in person. Thank you.

hba

Jul 4, 2013
sepiide said:
hi there n welcome to the forum. actually theres no way to live with ur wife unless u stay with her in iran during the whole process cuz they will definitely reject any visitor visa application for her when u guys have been waiting for a spousal sponsorship app to be finalized n i highly recommend u not to leave ur job as its hopefully gonna take less than 8 months for new applications to be processed.
u may check the following link to see how long it almost takes for newer app to get finalized. :)

Thank you - all of this is so disheartening...a few more questions

1. Someone was telling me that it will take 18 month to get the process approved? Is that for older applications?

2. Also, would you be kind enough to point me to a link that would explain the different stages? Is there an intermediary stage when she could come to canada?

3. Also, if we get married in a different country than Iran would that help the application process speed? I'm assuming it has to do with her country of residence.

Elia-Elia

Jun 24, 2013
I couldn't post a private message. Here is the information.
I sent my docs on Jan 3, 2013. File was transfered to Ankara on Feb 13, and the e-case status changed to "in process" on Apr 13. You can see the time line as "aaabbbccc" username in spread sheet.

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
hba said:
Thank you - all of this is so disheartening...a few more questions

1. Someone was telling me that it will take 18 month to get the process approved? Is that for older applications?

2. Also, would you be kind enough to point me to a link that would explain the different stages? Is there an intermediary stage when she could come to canada?

3. Also, if we get married in a different country than Iran would that help the application process speed? I'm assuming it has to do with her country of residence.
1. 16 months processing is for older apps like us or those whose app had been sent to Damascus in the beginning n due to office closure transferred to Ankara which caused a huge backlog even on all apps transferred directly to Ankara. if u check the spreadsheet ull see almost all late 2012 apps had been processed in 6-7 months.
2. sure u can follow the different stages of the app procedure through CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
there are 2 steps in processing family sponsorship applications. step 1 to be done in Canada (checking sponsor's eligibility) and step 2 (when the app is sent to Ankara for further processing n checking the eligibility of the person to be sponsored).
3. there would be no difference if u guys get married in Iran or another country cuz getting married in another country has nothing to do with ur wife's country of resindence. getting married in Iran could be even better cuz u ll get the chance to have a traditional iranian wedding if like n send them pictures along with the family members as a marriage proof to immigration.
so, it would be the best if u marry as soon as possible n send complete docs to have a fast processing just like many of those who have applied lately. :)

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
Elia-Elia said:
I couldn't post a private message. Here is the information.
I sent my docs on Jan 3, 2013. File was transfered to Ankara on Feb 13, and the e-case status changed to "in process" on Apr 13. You can see the time line as "aaabbbccc" username in spread sheet.
congraaats n have great life in Canada.

hba

Jul 4, 2013
sepiide said:
1. 16 months processing is for older apps like us or those whose app had been sent to Damascus in the beginning n due to office closure transferred to Ankara which caused a huge backlog even on all apps transferred directly to Ankara. if u check the spreadsheet ull see almost all late 2012 apps had been processed in 6-7 months.
2. sure u can follow the different stages of the app procedure through CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) website.
there are 2 steps in processing family sponsorship applications. step 1 to be done in Canada (checking sponsor's eligibility) and step 2 (when the app is sent to Ankara for further processing n checking the eligibility of the person to be sponsored).
3. there would be no difference if u guys get married in Iran or another country cuz getting married in another country has nothing to do with ur wife's country of resindence. getting married in Iran could be even better cuz u ll get the chance to have a traditional iranian wedding if like n send them pictures along with the family members as a marriage proof to immigration.
so, it would be the best if u marry as soon as possible n send complete docs to have a fast processing just like many of those who have applied lately. :)
Thank you very much! This is very helpful...

Sophie_far

Jun 17, 2013
dear sepide
seems you are so experienced.
we received the file number about 25 days after the docs were sent to the office. what are the next stages in detail? what is AOR?

by the way we only had "aghd" ceremony held at the presence of our brothers and sisters and parents (and we sent the photos). we haven't held the wedding ceremony. do you think our application is weak?

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
Sophie_far said:
dear sepide
seems you are so experienced.
we received the file number about 25 days after the docs were sent to the office. what are the next stages in detail? what is AOR?

by the way we only had "aghd" ceremony held at the presence of our brothers and sisters and parents (and we sent the photos). we haven't held the wedding ceremony. do you think our application is weak?
hi sophie,
now that u have got a file number the next stage is sponsorship approval (AOR). the immigration office in canada is responsible to determine whether ur eligible to sponsor ur partner or not. hopefully ur gonna get it very soon after receiving a file number. then theyll transfer ur application to Ankara for ur partners permanent residence visa processing. u don't need to worry about wedding pics. as far as u provide them with some pictures which prove ur marriage genuineness like aghd ceremony or pics u guys had taken before during engagement in parties, trips such as honeymoon or else would be ok. u could also include the email, chat n telephone prints in ur application. hope u guys have a very fast processing n reunite in a few months.

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
wooooow i got my passport request letter today :D can't believe its finally my turn :eek:

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Congratulate sepiide
its very good news . i hope you have better life in Canada

sepiide said:
wooooow i got my passport request letter today :D can't believe its finally my turn :eek:

nazli

Star Member
Sep 27, 2012
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
File Transfer...
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-02-2012
Passport Req..
very soon ishala :)
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
ASAP
vayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy kheiliiiiii mobarake sepide jon vaghean khoshhal shodam :* manam emroz kheili hey montazer budam be khatere un maile ke gofte budan 8 july akharin mohlateo ina ama khob emrozam ghesmat nabud vali vaghean khoshhal shodam ke entezare to be payan resid azizam zendegi khobio vasat arezoo mikonam xxx

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
lboxixodl said:
Congratulate sepiide
its very good news . i hope you have better life in Canada
thanksss. ishala be zoodi baraye shoma :)

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
nazli said:
vayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy kheiliiiiii mobarake sepide jon vaghean khoshhal shodam :* manam emroz kheili hey montazer budam be khatere un maile ke gofte budan 8 july akharin mohlateo ina ama khob emrozam ghesmat nabud vali vaghean khoshhal shodam ke entezare to be payan resid azizam zendegi khobio vasat arezoo mikonam xxx
kheili mamnoonam nazli joon male shoma ham hamin roozast ke biad dige. ki midoone shayad hamin farda.ur almost there azizam. man ham az tahe delam omidvaram shoma ham hamin yeki 2 rooze in shadi ro tajrobe koni. man ke hanooz bavaram nemishe baraye khodam etefaagh oftade. its finally done which is hard to believe!!!! :p

nazli

Star Member
Sep 27, 2012
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
File Transfer...
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-02-2012
Passport Req..
very soon ishala :)
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
ASAP
sepiide said:
kheili mamnoonam nazli joon male shoma ham hamin roozast ke biad dige. ki midoone shayad hamin farda.ur almost there azizam. man ham az tahe delam omidvaram shoma ham hamin yeki 2 rooze in shadi ro tajrobe koni. man ke hanooz bavaram nemishe baraye khodam etefaagh oftade. its finally done which is hard to believe!!!! :p
doa kon toro khoda man ke dige daram divone misham be khoda 16 mah shode :( hatman maro dar jaryane baghie karat ham bezar nari dg peidat nashe :D :p