+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
rowshan said:
Day hospital is where my wife did her first medical and will be doing her second as well. Kind of expensive ($290) compared to other ones ($200) but they get the job done.
it cost us 330,000 tomans. how did you calculate the $290 figure?

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
just to change the topic some interesting facts about persian :)

we have 4 types of z sound but we pronounce them all the same way!
ز ذ ظ ض

in arabic they represent completely different sound.

same for 3 types of s
ص س ث

and same for 2 types of h
ح ه
and 2 types of a
ا ع
and 2 types of t ط ت
and 2 types of gh غ ق

that's why our biggest nightmare in the first 3 years of primary school was writing the words correctly!

Arabic language does not have the sounds: پ چ ژ گ (p as pig, zh as vision, ch as chair, g as guest)

More than 50% of Persian common words are Arabic or have Arabic origin. Arabic also has some persian words.

We study Arabic from 6th grade 4 hours a week. Some of us spend extra time learning Koran.

Yet, most of us cannot speak or comprehend Arabic!

Learning arabic has 2 advantages in my opinion:

1) Knowing arabic grammar helps us to understand persian literature better. Most of the Persian Literature professors in Iran are good at Arabic grammar as well. We may compare it with Japanese and Chinese in a way. Those know Chinese can write Japanese better.
2) a big portion of middle east and north of africa speak arabic. knowing arabic is a definite advantage.

Lastly I visited Syria 10 years ago. To my surprise, many knew Persian! Many also knew French and English. I really had no problem to communicate. Not to mention, all kind of drinks were available... belly dancing... you could hear music everywhere... some girls covered their hairs and some were wearing short skirts... such a beautiful country and nice people.... but now... a stupid government is destroying all... so many people lost their lives... when i think about it i forget about our application delays...

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Hello hello hello to everyone and congrats to the ones who receieved PPR's.

There were too many posts and unfortunately like before, I couldn't read them all.. but I hope there are many good news in there.

Khazal, inshala dorost mishe zood vaseh shoma ham :) beh zoodi

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siavashf said:
Dear friends,
It's finally over!! Can u believe it? I received my ppr a few minutes ago!
The good thing is my wife doesn't need to come to Iran anymore, everything happened in the nick of time ;D
Raha, I believe in ur prayings thanks!!
wooow , siavash jan , I'm real happy 4 u and yr wife, agha daste raset bar sare ma baradar.
Ey valllll Ankara, goooo ankara gooo

Agha ma ro inja tanha nazarid, hamme iraniaye bahal daran miran, :(

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
dirtypolitics said:

ز ذ ظ ض

same for 3 types of s
ص س ث

ح ه
and 2 types of a
ا ع
and 2 types of t ط ت
and 2 types of gh غ ق

that's why our biggest nightmare in the first 3 years of primary school was writing the words correctly!

Arabic language does not have the sounds: پ چ ژ گ (p as pig, zh as vision, ch as chair, g as guest)

More than 50% of Persian common words are Arabic or have Arabic origin. Arabic also has some persian words.

We study Arabic from 6th grade 4 hours a week. Some of us spend extra time learning Koran.

1) Knowing arabic grammar helps us to understand persian literature better. Most of the Persian Literature professors in Iran are good at Arabic grammar as well. We may compare it with Japanese and Chinese in a way. Those know Chinese can write Japanese better.
2) a big portion of middle east and north of africa speak arabic. knowing arabic is a definite advantage.

Lastly I visited Syria 10 years ago. To my surprise, many knew Persian! Many also knew French and English. I really had no problem to communicate. Not to mention, all kind of drinks were available... belly dancing... you could hear music everywhere... some girls covered their hairs and some were wearing short skirts... such a beautiful country and nice people.... but now... a stupid government is destroying all... so many people lost their lives... when i think about it i forget about our application delays...

I sure would love to have a coffee with you :) You must have a very interesting personality.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niiiice , congrats a million R and A , wish u a great life in your future

again Go ankara GOOoo

sinashams15

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 july 2011
AOR Received.
5 oct 2011
thanks Kurdistan-kazhal , A+M and rowshan :)

L

laleh_d

dirtypolitics said:

ز ذ ظ ض

same for 3 types of s
ص س ث

ح ه
and 2 types of a
ا ع
and 2 types of t ط ت
and 2 types of gh غ ق

Interesting facts. It's interesting how 50% of Farsi come from Arabic yet we can't understand anything. Could be due to the fact that we have many similar words but the grammar is completely different. I was actually researching about the languages Iranian used before Islam and I found it really interesting to know that many of the ancient names we use today like Dariush, Atousa, etc. were being pronounced differently.Time has changed the way we pronounce those names and in a way we've made up new names.for example Atousa was pronounced Hutaosa or هئوتسه
Thanx for the info dirtypolitics.

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So many congradulations to those who got their ppr!I wish you all the bests in your new life.merci Sohrab jan va arezou jan.manam baraye hamegi arezuye behtarinha ro daram(wish you all the bests).I still cant believe it, as in my caips it had mentioned that they have not started processing our application yet.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
souhait said:
So many congradulations to those who got their ppr!I wish you all the bests in your new life.merci Sohrab jan va arezou jan.manam baraye hamegi arezuye behtarinha ro daram(wish you all the bests).I still cant believe it, as in my caips it had mentioned that they have not started processing our application yet.
I received my ppr exactly 5 days after the result of my caips.
In my Caips, almost everything was NOT STARTED!! Don't give a damn about caips and ecas...when it's the time u will have it!

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
mehdiR said:
wooow , siavash jan , I'm real happy 4 u and yr wife, agha daste raset bar sare ma baradar.
Ey valllll Ankara, goooo ankara gooo

Agha ma ro inja tanha nazarid, hamme iraniaye bahal daran miran, :(
Chux pesar!
Ishala u will hear from Ankara very soon.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siavashf said:
Chux pesar!
Ishala u will hear from Ankara very soon.
agha man age ta 9 mahe dige ham biyad PPR khanumam kolamo hava mindazam , with this bombardment of applications to ankara, I 'm not so optimistic , amma ghor nemikham bezanam, harchi khoda bekhad, I will stay with my wife and doughter till the end , har moghe ke nemikhad bashe, I 'm not gonna lose a single day of my daughter's precious toddler-hood.

AGAIN come back to the forum from time to time and help us out guys ,

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hi everyone :)

OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: i want to take a break from this for a while but then i come back with tens and tens of pages to read....of course i read them all :p and i was very happy to see more good news ;) congrats especially to siavash (really glad that ur wife does not have to come to Iran and i see that u got the email when u expected less i think ;) ;) now SHE needs to do some apt furnishing hahahahaha); congrats also to R & A, and Alchemist (wohooooo another green row for Amman but it was such a long wait for u, something to admire and learn from), to Kat for getting her visa successfully and anyone else i forgot :p

Nenan, i'm happy ur medicals went ok, and i really liked ur message to samira, i still have it in my mind ;) :-*

good luck for all, even if next week is shorter it does not mean it won't have plenty of good news ;) ;D have a nice weekend (long for some) and happy Victoria Day hihihihi ;D

Leb_Can

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-April-2011
Hello,

My wife met with her MP and he told her that the file was received by Beirut in March ??

and that when he called the embassy they told him that we should be hearing from them in the fall that's after 5 months !!!!!!!! and it would be 18 months of process !!!!!!

had any Lebanese heard this from his/her MP?