+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dakar, Senegal applicants

Air Force 5

Oct 10, 2015
SeulDansMonBocal said:
Congrats guys.

Air Force 5 and ib, could please share your timely with us. I submitted my wife's application in September and hoping she will be here before summer.
SeulDansMonBocal

The third note after two Turbo2000's posts you will see my timeline.

Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
My husband got request for passport, medicals and permanent resident fee yesterday. We already paid the fee at the beginning, so we will attach the receipt. Just wanted to share. Seems Air Force 5 was right about the "in process" status.

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
ib said:
i know but like i said DHL won't privide a return envelope that's the think tho.
that's why i posed it to see if anyone had this situation before
Just mail the passport, the embassy will let you know it is ready for pickup, then you schedule a pickup with Dhl and pay

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
Dhl does not accept return envelopes yes. What u do is pay for the passports to get to Dakar, then immigration we let i kknow that your passport is ready for pickup. That is when u go back to DHL or who ever and schedule a pickup from immigration and pay the fee.

Air Force 5

Oct 10, 2015
SenoritaBella said:
My husband got request for passport, medicals and permanent resident fee yesterday. We already paid the fee at the beginning, so we will attach the receipt. Just wanted to share. Seems Air Force 5 was right about the "in process" status.
SenoritaBella I told you, these is 3 1/2 weeks we got PPR. I am so happy about your PPR and Re-med. I am booked up for re-med for November 17, but I sent my PPT last Monday.

All the best my dear.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The instructions we got sas we should send the passport about 6 to 8 weeks after the medicals? This is because you need the passport for the medicals. Did your passport request email/letter not say this? Check it again.

Air Force 5 said:
SenoritaBella I told you, these is 3 1/2 weeks we got PPR. I am so happy about your PPR and Re-med. I am booked up for re-med for November 17, but I sent my PPT last Monday.

All the best my dear.

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations SenoritaBella for the PPR,

That gives me alot of hope that mine is around the corner. But sincerely I don't expect anything very soon as my original application
was received in May 2015. However, it will be great to spend the Xmas with wifey lol

SenoritaBella said:

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
This is what our passport request email says: Can someone help me clarify the following, please:
1. my husband is not in Kinshasa. CRDV Kinshassa only accepts cash. There is a VAC in our country, not sure why they are talking about the one in Kinshasa.
2. Can we send the passport and documents directly to the embassy in Dakar using DHL?
3. How shall we get a return envelope? DHL does not provide one.

" Submitting your passport(s), photos and updated information
For security reasons, your visa(s) can only be issued by our office in Dakar. You may submit your package by courier to our address below. Do not send your passports and documents by regular or registered mail.

To submit your package by courier
Passports and other documents must be sent to the following address:
Canadian Embassy,
Visas & Immigration Section (Canadian Embassy Annex)
18 rue Émile Zola, Plateau
P.O Box 6106 (Dakar étoile),
Dakar Sénégal

You must contact a CRDV of Kinshasa and pre-pay for the return of your passports and original documents. You should obtain from the courier company a receipt which indicates that the return has been pre-paid. Keep a copy of this receipt for yourself and send the original to us with the passports and documents.

The passports and other documents must be submitted in a sealed envelope, on which you have indicated your full name (as it appears on your passport), file number, and telephone number. You must also enclose an empty envelope which will be used to return your passports and original documents to you. This empty envelope must also be labelled with your name, file number, and telephone number.

To request an exemption for sending passport by a courier company (eg CRDV, DHL, FEDEX ...), please contact:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Independence Square
Gombe
(This Side of High School Bosangani)

Then go to the General Directorate of Migration (DGM)
(under the Ministry of the Interior)
65 Boulevard du 30 juin
Gombe
(Next to the building Regideso)

To request an AUTHORIZATION EXIT PERMIT FOR MINOR before traveling to minor:
Contact the Directorate of Border Police
General Directorate of Migration (DGM)
(under the Ministry of the Interior)
65 Boulevard du 30 juin
Gombe
Kinshasa, DRC
(Next to the building Regideso)

You should expect to be without your passport(s) during our processing period, from six to eight weeks. Do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period.

Please note that we do not acknowledge receipt of passports. For packages signed for on receipt at the Embassy, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company. If you have not heard from us after six weeks, you may contact us using the email form on our website. We will not respond to queries received within less than six weeks. "

bond1402 said:
Dhl does not accept return envelopes yes. What u do is pay for the passports to get to Dakar, then immigration we let i kknow that your passport is ready for pickup. That is when u go back to DHL or who ever and schedule a pickup from immigration and pay the fee.

ib

Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
If you know someone in Dakar you can send it to him and he/she can transfer it to the ambasy. Thats how i did it finaly

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Check the CVAC website. They offer support in transmitting passport to CIC.
I tried to post it but it wouldn't work.
Your husband can go to the nearest CVAC.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Thanks. Yeah, that's what we are thinking of doing. There is a CVAC in our country, so it was just confusing why the letter referred us to a CVAC in another country.

SeulDansMonBocal said:
Check the CVAC website. They offer support in transmitting passport to CIC.
I tried to post it but it wouldn't work.
Your husband can go to the nearest CVAC.

ib

Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
SeulDansMonBocal said:
Congrats guys.

Air Force 5 and ib, could please share your timely with us. I submitted my wife's application in September and hoping she will be here before summer.
Medical upfront February 03-2015
App received February 18-2015
S approved may 04-2015
File transfer may15-2015 to dakar vo
Show in progress oct 9-2015
Passport requested oct 28 2015
Visa approved nov 9 2015

Wal_Abeche

Sep 2, 2015
I just got the passport request email this morning:) I wasn't expecting it this soon but will gladly take it:) My wife ecas still showing in process after the request.

I have two questions from that email hoping some knowledgeable person can answer them for me.

1. They requested a marriage certificate with 'Monogamy'. We already submitted our marriage certificate and there is no where on the certificate where it says 'Poligamy' or 'Monogamy'. I am not sure whether they want us to submit a new marriage certificate or just send them a copy with 'monogamy' on it. Maybe this has something to do with me being from a country where certain men have multiple spouses?

2.They requested two recent passport photos...is it alright if we send the same photos as the initial 8 that were submitted with our file or they has to be new? Long story short, she has to travel to the Capital to get new passport pictures which will be a long trip and hoping to avoid that if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ciao

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Wal-Abeche for the PPR. My application was also received in May, earlier than yours...but still waiting for PPR. Hopefully mine won't be long again.
In response to your question:

1. I don't have a specific answer to this...I suggest you write to Dakar with the subject 'VERY URGENT' to know what they want exactly.
In my country, it's obligatory to mention either 'Polygamy' or 'Monogamy' on all marriage certificates. However, Canada will only accept Monogamy.

2. Don't take chances, tell your wife to take new pictures. It will be more time consuming if she sends old pictures and Dakar later on asked her to send new pics. The old pics are more than 6 months old...so it's logical for her to take new ones.

I have a question for u: Did you ever write to Dakar to know the status of your application? I was thinking to send them a soft e-mail about my application.

Wal_Abeche said:
I just got the passport request email this morning:) I wasn't expecting it this soon but will gladly take it:) My wife ecas still showing in process after the request.

I have two questions from that email hoping some knowledgeable person can answer them for me.

1. They requested a marriage certificate with 'Monogamy'. We already submitted our marriage certificate and there is no where on the certificate where it says 'Poligamy' or 'Monogamy'. I am not sure whether they want us to submit a new marriage certificate or just send them a copy with 'monogamy' on it. Maybe this has something to do with me being from a country where certain men have multiple spouses?

2.They requested two recent passport photos...is it alright if we send the same photos as the initial 8 that were submitted with our file or they has to be new? Long story short, she has to travel to the Capital to get new passport pictures which will be a long trip and hoping to avoid that if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ciao

Wal_Abeche

Sep 2, 2015
Turbo2000 said:
Congrats Wal-Abeche for the PPR. My application was also received in May, earlier than yours...but still waiting for PPR. Hopefully mine won't be long again.
In response to your question:

1. I don't have a specific answer to this...I suggest you write to Dakar with the subject 'VERY URGENT' to know what they want exactly.
In my country, it's obligatory to mention either 'Polygamy' or 'Monogamy' on all marriage certificates. However, Canada will only accept Monogamy.

2. Don't take chances, tell your wife to take new pictures. It will be more time consuming if she sends old pictures and Dakar later on asked her to send new pics. The old pics are more than 6 months old...so it's logical for her to take new ones.

I have a question for u: Did you ever write to Dakar to know the status of your application? I was thinking to send them a soft e-mail about my application.

Thanks for the prompt response Turbo2000!

I actually found out that there are two version of Marriage Certificate in my home country and the one I submitted with my file is the one without 'Monogamy' on it. We are just going to apply for the one Dakar VO requested.

As you mentioned, it will be for the best if she just takes new pictures to avoid any potential delay.

To answer your question, I have not email Dakar VO nor did I even apply for GCMS note. I was just checking my wife's ecas daily for any updates and all of the sudden we received the Passport request email:)

It wouldn't hurt to contact them. Maybe you will find an agent who is in a X-mas who will give you good news:)

Thanks