+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daily commute (Detroit-Windsor) (H1b and Canada PR)

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
I yesterday rescheduled my appointment from April 10th to September 31. While rescheduling I saw lot of open slots. Are you sure nothing is available before April? Try other consulates. Good luck
Could you please help me on how to try other consulates while the follow up is with Toronto, Not even able to get the chioce to choose other consulate.

Luckily yesterday night, the date was available for March 10 and was able to reschedule it. But, the actual medical emergency need with which we schedlued expedited process to have the interview on Feb 9th was denied with capacity limitation at Toronto and even consualr was asking us to try o nother location. Please let me know how does that work.

AayushiUSCAN

Jan 3, 2023
Could you please help me on how to try other consulates while the follow up is with Toronto, Not even able to get the chioce to choose other consulate.

Luckily yesterday night, the date was available for March 10 and was able to reschedule it. But, the actual medical emergency need with which we schedlued expedited process to have the interview on Feb 9th was denied with capacity limitation at Toronto and even consualr was asking us to try o nother location. Please let me know how does that work.
sorry to hear with the trouble you are going through. When you reschedule on top of calendar you will see a dropdown from where other consulates can be selected. But keep one thing in mind you may need to file new ds-160 and update which is easy

here is how to for your referencehttps://www.am22tech.com/dropbox-appointment-made-mandatory-in-india/

Sujith_SU

Nov 15, 2022
Hi Guys,

I am creating this thread for the people who are doing daily commute or who are planning to do it from Windsor to Detroit.
I am a Permanent resident of Canada and H1B holder of the USA.

I stayed in Canada for 5 and half years from 2011 to 2016 and also did my masters at university of Windsor. I moved to USA in April 2016 for some personal reasons.and always have a plan to move back to Canada, but luckily I got a full-time opportunity in Detroit company which is in downtown and near to the border.

So, now i am planning to do the daily commute by living in Windsor.If any one who are doing this, please share your experience. If I do a daily commute before getting a nexus card, will I get a stamp on my passport daily? How to start the process to get a nexus card?
Is there anyone who is planning to do the daily commute in the future?
Hello ALL,

Need your help on this :
Currently i am in canada and my work status was workpermit ,
my H1B petition is approved 2021 Oct and expiring in next month march 2023. Can i go for stamping now in canada ?? is there any conditions ?Please suggest.
Note - I have B1/B2 visa for USA and Stamped in canada consulate.

Regards,
Su

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello ALL,

Need your help on this :
Currently i am in canada and my work status was workpermit ,
my H1B petition is approved 2021 Oct and expiring in next month march 2023. Can i go for stamping now in canada ?? is there any conditions ?Please suggest.
Note - I have B1/B2 visa for USA and Stamped in canada consulate.

Regards,
Su
No conditions. But what is the reason for you to attend a Visa interview with one month validity left? Apply for extension and then go to Visa with new i797. Thats the best deal.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Yes correct. Even though they mentioned, they will review in 1 or 2 weeks, I am already prepared to call them again in 2 weeks. This needs to be resolved ASAP.
Hey, what did you get to hear from them on your issue? I had to search the keyword on CRA tax and your replies here popped up. I have got a review letter back in September regarding foreign taxes paid for 2021 and we have replied. Today i got one more review letter saying "We completed our review of your return. Based on the document you sent us, we allowed claims under review." Do you know what does this mean?

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

sheikhms60

Oct 6, 2022
I am not eligible for citizenship yet. Still accruing days. I do travel once a month to US. I stay in Canada.
Hello Swan, I am in a similar boat as you. I try to travel once every 2 weeks to US. I live in Canada to count days on my PR towards citizenship eligibility.

I have a question for you, given that I work on many days in a month remotely from Canada, and only 4-5 days inside US while being physically present there, will my income be considered Canadian income (because of working from inside Canada) OR given that even if for 5 days a month, I go to US, it will be considered a US income? This is in context of filing taxes.

@swan0206

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Swan, I am in a similar boat as you. I try to travel once every 2 weeks to US. I live in Canada to count days on my PR towards citizenship eligibility.

I have a question for you, given that I work on many days in a month remotely from Canada, and only 4-5 days inside US while being physically present there, will my income be considered Canadian income (because of working from inside Canada) OR given that even if for 5 days a month, I go to US, it will be considered a US income? This is in context of filing taxes.

@swan0206
There is no requirement of having "Canadian income" to apply for citizenship. Since you live in Canada most days, you need to file tax for that income regradless.
US/Cnd income actually is depending on how the company you work for handles it. (some just pay from the US entity. some will pay thru a Canadian branch/consulting company...etc)