+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daily commute (Detroit-Windsor) (H1b and Canada PR)

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Its about your presence you need to prove such as gym membership, school, work, activity classes, volunteering etc...
House mortgage doesnt prove your presence. Non residents have mortgage hence try in the angle of how you can prove that you were inside the country.

Read some of the pages in these threads or ask here to get correct detail:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rq-versus-physical-presence-questionnaires-including-cit-0205.534082/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-regarding-rq.681646/
Thanks for the quick response and clarification. I do not have any schooling here in Windsor (I mean canada) and work is in Detroit.
I will post my question in above forums and wait for the response.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for the quick response and clarification. I do not have any schooling here in Windsor (I mean canada) and work is in Detroit.
I will post my question in above forums and wait for the response.
Dont worry too much on it as long as you have your residing days logged in a sheet and correctly have more than required number of days before you apply. It should be fine. Anyone can get residency questionnaire and try to keep whatever possible monthly/yearly receipts/documents you can collect from your day to day life should be enough. Unless we give close number of days without much buffer period while applying, we wont mostly get asked for proving the residency.
Most of us face the same situation. So keep the bills receipts and documents (tax receipts or rental receipts of home/rental) of living here for future use(if asked to prove). Thats all we can do.

They will first verify with cbsa on the number of days stayed/entered the country which will be the main thing. Also make sure you file taxes as resident. If you have these satisfied, you are mostly through.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Under the current travel restrictions - are H1B visa holders(Indian Citizens) allowed to enter back to USA from Canada?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
So all daily commuters carry this letter today then?
NO. Only those deemed "essential". Some workers in my company are able to get a letter. Mostly lab folks and in departments deemed essential. Most of folks even in MI are working from home. In general, I think its best to stay home in these unprecedented times.

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi all,
I have a query regarding CRA. I know this is not the correct group to post but any links will be appreciated.

As a new PR, do we have to register in CRA right away for any reason?
Considering we work in the States and live in Canada, what do we need to communicate to CRA?

Thanks.

justinline

May 19, 2009
Hi all,
I have a query regarding CRA. I know this is not the correct group to post but any links will be appreciated.

As a new PR, do we have to register in CRA right away for any reason?
Considering we work in the States and live in Canada, what do we need to communicate to CRA?

Thanks.
What do you mean register....having mayaccount login CRA? It's better to have login, it takes some time to activate as they send the login key by Canada Post. There is no requirement to register as such.
Few years back talked to tax consultant, usually for commuter you will file US taxes and then file the Canadian taxes. Most like depending on your salary you will end up paying few thousand dollars to CRA. If the differential is huge, then CRA may expect you to pay that quarterly ....CRA may not be happy with one lump sum payment during the filling. So depending on the differential , call up CRA and ask them. They are pretty good in helping if you can get someone on phone. I had to call them recently ...my last year's filling was in review, and they wanted to audit it, due to some mis communication. I was on call for 2 hours. But finally could talk to the analyst who was actually handling my file.

Reactions: BhargavDadhaniya

Shong1013

Feb 16, 2017
Hi, I am Korean and permanent resident in Windsor, Canada. I have RN license in the States. Will I be eligible for H1B visa?