+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daily commute (Detroit-Windsor) (H1b and Canada PR)

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
I am in the process of applying Parents' Canadian visitor visa for their 3 weeks short trip to Toronto. I have one address where my far-relative lives near Brampton, ON. However, I still do not have permanent address in Windsor,ON. I am only 2 months old PR holder. Can I use that Brampton address while applying parents' visitor visa?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I am in the process of applying Parents' Canadian visitor visa for their 3 weeks short trip to Toronto. I have one address where my far-relative lives near Brampton, ON. However, I still do not have permanent address in Windsor,ON. I am only 2 months old PR holder. Can I use that Brampton address while applying parents' visitor visa?
Just give hotel address where they will stay or an address whereever they would stay. You can give your current address too. They wont verify the address to see if additional people can be accomodated as long as its just a valid address. But you should give the address where they will stay.

People travel without anyone being here. I too did the same few years ago. I gave hotel address. Its totally fine as lot of people dont know anyone in other countries.

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Just give hotel address where they will stay or an address whereever they would stay. You can give your current address too. They wont verify the address to see if additional people can be accomodated as long as its just a valid address. But you should give the address where they will stay.

People travel without anyone being here. I too did the same few years ago. I gave hotel address. Its totally fine as lot of people dont know anyone in other countries.
Sounds good. Thank you.

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019

One more query I have regarding showing Proof of relationship between family member who is PR holder (me) and my parents. CIC is asking to upload proof of relationship, can I upload my passport page showing my father and mother names along with my parents' passport name page showing same name? Will that be enough?
Please assist.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
One more query I have regarding showing Proof of relationship between family member who is PR holder (me) and my parents. CIC is asking to upload proof of relationship, can I upload my passport page showing my father and mother names along with my parents' passport name page showing same name? Will that be enough?
Please assist.
You can upload your birth certificate or your passport page should be enough.

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
You can upload your birth certificate or your passport page should be enough.
Also, any idea what can I submit for "Purpose of Visit"? As an example they listed round trip plane tickets and hotel itinerary etc. As such we do not have any plans. Are plane tickets mandatory to upload?

shirleyyuan314

Dec 31, 2019
Hi guys:
We got our canada pr through EE this year and just did a soft landing at the rainbow bridge. BTW, the Canadian officer was not nice at all.. no welcome to canada :( anyway.. husband got a job in Detroit and we plan to move to windsor soon. I am on H4 no EAD and no plan to work in the states anyway. Husband on H1b and just started perm. Can I travel to the U.S with him to detriot with my H4? Like for example, I just want to go shopping while he's at work and we come back to windsor together after he finishes work the same day? or should I get B1/B2? If so, when I apply for B1/B2, should I just tell them like we live in the boarder town, so sometimes I want to cross the boarder to do some shopping or watch a game??Thank you for your help.

pr131985

Star Member
Feb 19, 2018
Detroit
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
13-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-10-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2019
LANDED..........
15-06-2019
Hi all,
Thanks everyone for assisting here. I got the PR card and ready to move to Windsor.
My query is regarding Super Visa for parents and I totally understand this thread is not for super Visa. But I tried searching almost everywhere and couldn't get a clear answer to my query.

My query is- In order to apply super Visa for parents, we need to show our paychecks, employment letter and tax documents. Since I am working in US and not in Canada, can I show US employment to invite parents to canada on super Visa?
Please assist in this matter.
Can't you file for Supervisa after you have stayed in Canada for a year and filed your taxes?
That would be the sure shot way of getting a Supervisa with Canadian tax documents as proof of income.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Also, any idea what can I submit for "Purpose of Visit"? As an example they listed round trip plane tickets and hotel itinerary etc. As such we do not have any plans. Are plane tickets mandatory to upload?
Give the acutal purpose on why they visit. Tell that they are visiting to stay with your for x number of weeks/months and visit some places in your city.
Its not mandatory for these hotel/air reservations.

If they come back and ask on it:
If you dont want to book ahead with hotel and airticket then tell that they plan to enter the country after 6 months hence you did not book. if they insist on it again then book cancellable tickets and provide if your plan is not certain - once visa is issued then cancel it and rebook later.

Hi guys:
We got our canada pr through EE this year and just did a soft landing at the rainbow bridge. BTW, the Canadian officer was not nice at all.. no welcome to canada :( anyway.. husband got a job in Detroit and we plan to move to windsor soon. I am on H4 no EAD and no plan to work in the states anyway. Husband on H1b and just started perm. Can I travel to the U.S with him to detriot with my H4? Like for example, I just want to go shopping while he's at work and we come back to windsor together after he finishes work the same day? or should I get B1/B2? If so, when I apply for B1/B2, should I just tell them like we live in the boarder town, so sometimes I want to cross the boarder to do some shopping or watch a game??Thank you for your help.
Travelling with h4 wont be good. its risk. its up to you. apply for b1/b2 to make things easier.
traveling with your spouse in the morning and coming back in the evening with the spouse: if this is for very few times then its ok but it will create confusion/problem for you or for both as no one goes to shopping at 7am in the morning and comes back exactly after 5pm... it will look like a work schedule and might appear like you are going there to work hence try avoiding it this schedule.
Border questions: Yes, state that you are going for shopping and your spouse goes for work(or shopping if not working on that day).

shirleyyuan314

Dec 31, 2019
I have another scenario. Since my husband and I both have canada pr. Can I commute to Windsor daily for example for school at university of windsor and come back after school? We will still live in the States. In this case, can I commute on my H4?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have another scenario. Since my husband and I both have canada pr. Can I commute to Windsor daily for example for school at university of windsor and come back after school? We will still live in the States. In this case, can I commute on my H4?
You can but you would receive lot of questions on why you are treating the permanent residency as a temporary one and without moving even when you were staying across the border.
This will look like you try to accumulate residency days without actually moving. So there will be lot of scrutinization frequently hence i dont see that your plan will be an easy one.

shirleyyuan314

Dec 31, 2019
You can but you would receive lot of questions on why you are treating the permanent residency as a temporary one and without moving even when you were staying across the border.
This will look like you try to accumulate residency days without actually moving. So there will be lot of scrutinization frequently hence i dont see that your plan will be an easy one.
why would they ask? If I stay in Canada Friday to Monday and commute tues- thr? Because 4/7 days would be sufficient for pr anyway

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
why would they ask? If I stay in Canada Friday to Monday and commute tues- thr? Because 4/7 days would be sufficient for pr anyway
You said that you would "commute to Windsor daily and come back after school" but now you say you would stay. If you move to Canada then cbsa wont ask much questions.
Not sure what you meant about tue-thu commute. is this commute to windsor?