+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently pregnant - is unborn child considered dependant?

jeankim01

Aug 6, 2020
Question:
I'm sponsoring my husband and completing his P.R. application, would my unborn baby be considered a dependant? IMM0008 asks if my husband and I have any children, would I select no? Confused.

jeankim01

Aug 6, 2020
Not a dependant until born Are you a citizen or a PR? Will the baby be born in Canada ?
On the checklist IMM5533 (question 7 (b) asks "Do you and your spouse have any children together? Yes or No and then says to provide birth cert etc.) Since baby isn't born yet, should I say yes we do, and attach a letter saying that I'm pregnant (I'm 38 weeks so baby could pop out any day) and I cannot provide a birth cert. yet? Or should I write No?

Thank you.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
On the checklist IMM5533 (question 7 (b) asks "Do you and your spouse have any children together? Yes or No and then says to provide birth cert etc.) Since baby isn't born yet, should I say yes we do, and attach a letter saying that I'm pregnant (I'm 38 weeks so baby could pop out any day) and I cannot provide a birth cert. yet? Or should I write No?

Thank you.
This is a simple question. Do you have a child? No, you dont. Then say no. There was a question somewhere asking if you're pregnant and then there you will say yes.