+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently in Canada/Toronto on a student visa- CHARGED WITH DUI

Jr001

Oct 31, 2017
I am going to trial on March.whats the alcoholuxury you did?
180...so on first appearance did you try to have it dropped to non dui charge? I hear sometimes it can be dropped to a non dui and no criminal record. Because I know criminal records gets us deported.

0811zy

Jul 28, 2017
180...so on first appearance did you try to have it dropped to non dui charge? I hear sometimes it can be dropped to a non dui and no criminal record. Because I know criminal records gets us deported.
.....first you need to find a very good laywer.some laywer just for money.i tried.for the dui case.its more seriousness than assault.so the court won't drop the charge at first time.but most dui cases have to set up a trial after first court date.because of if the court know you set up a trial,maybe they can rethink about your case.give a receptible deal.to set up a trial.its not for real trial.just like a process.most case will be done before trial.but you need to set a trial first.where are you in canada?

Jr001

Oct 31, 2017
I am in Vancouver, BC and I can't really afford the lawyers here. They asking way way too much. Have you anyone successfully been through this without getting a criminal record? The criminal record gets me an international student deported.

0811zy

Jul 28, 2017
I am in Vancouver, BC and I can't really afford the lawyers here. They asking way way too much. Have you anyone successfully been through this without getting a criminal record? The criminal record gets me an international student deported.
No.but I know a very good lawyer in Vancouver.his name is Michael Klein.he is used to my lawyer.if you want .i can give you his contact information.

0811zy

Jul 28, 2017
if you don't have laywer,you won't get any chance to drop the charge.

Reactions: scylla

Jr001

Oct 31, 2017
Okay that may help. But I heard it's best to see a lawyer after your first appearance because that's when you get the evidence they have against you.. Have you gone through this process?

0811zy

Jul 28, 2017
Okay that may help. But I heard it's best to see a lawyer after your first appearance because that's when you get the evidence they have against you.. Have you gone through this process?
Yes.you are correct.first court date just for the evidence paper works.you can take the court paperworks by yourself.

Jr001

Oct 31, 2017
Okay thanks will reachout to him. do you know any successful international student dui case he has handled?

0811zy

Jul 28, 2017
Okay thanks will reachout to him. do you know any successful international student dui case he has handled?
He is a very good Criminal laywer.not only for dui.but he helped me to drop the assault charge before.

Jr001

Oct 31, 2017
THanks a lot. I haven't been able to sleep since it happened. Getting a criminal record you are fucked not just here.

shhhxxx

Dec 12, 2017
I am on a student visa and was also charged with a dui back in June, I have obtained a lawyer and I'm going to trial in march. I just wanted to be a part of this forum to know I'm not alone and ill be sure to give updates. Gods grace to everyone here who has that problem and I hope you all learnt your lesson.