+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current CEC Processing, Explained (2022-2023)

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I applied for CEC on June 28th, 2023. Received AOR on the same day and Review of additional documents is changed from N/A to we are reviewing on Nov 6th. Also, The eligibility shows completed in the tracker but in Gckey it says We are still reviewing your eligibility. I am unable to understand what exactly is happening. Can anyone please help me?
If eligibility in Tracker is completed, then that stage is completed and you shouldn't worry. Your GCKey eligibility won't change to completed until the whole application is approved - because GCKey also takes into consideration MEC, Security etc (even though they have their own sections).

Reactions: novemberrain

Nandy6

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

I applied under CEC
I got my AOR on Jul 16, 2023
Background verification status completed
on Oct 25, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
MedicalExam status updated to completed on Oct 27, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
Biometrics uploaded on Nov 3, 2023
Currently, my Eligibility status also shows completed on the PR Tracker. not sure when this was updated but on the tracker it shows my application was last updated on Nov 7, 2023

So technically all 4 show completed on my PR Tracker but my application status is still "In Progress"

I am not sure what this means and what would next steps be. I haven't yet received any communication from IRCC. Does anyone know what I should be expecting next?

Thank you for all your help!

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
How much time does it take to get an AOR after submission of application? Doe we get it on the same day?

I got my ITA on Oct 10th, and I am ready to submit the application through my leg Reps, however, due to a technical glitch on IRCC portal, they are unable to submit the application. Now I am travelling to India on Nov 20th, and I need the application to be submitted before that so that I get an AOR while I am in Canada. What are the risks here?

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi,

I applied under CEC
I got my AOR on Jul 16, 2023
Background verification status completed
on Oct 25, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
MedicalExam status updated to completed on Oct 27, 2023 (according to PR Tracker)
Biometrics uploaded on Nov 3, 2023
Currently, my Eligibility status also shows completed on the PR Tracker. not sure when this was updated but on the tracker it shows my application was last updated on Nov 7, 2023

So technically all 4 show completed on my PR Tracker but my application status is still "In Progress"

I am not sure what this means and what would next steps be. I haven't yet received any communication from IRCC. Does anyone know what I should be expecting next?

Thank you for all your help!
Usually Gckey will still be in Progress until COPR

Reactions: Nandy6

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023
Hello. My background is in progress since 21st sept. Info sharing complete and criminality and security in progress! I have had 3 GU , 2 when they started probably and 3rd on 2nd Nov
So will I be expecting a medical passed again before PPR? When can I expect PPR ?

lagha

Nov 27, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I have applied in non ee pnp stream, can you please tell me when security check begins?
after receiving PAL, mdr, mdp, bio or .... ?
Thanks a million.

SimonAgre

Nov 18, 2021
my case

AOR July 12 2023
Med passed on Sept 19th
Bio metrics: sept 20th
BGC: dec 18th completed
Elegibility: it sadi completed in my profile but do not have any date when it was completed

CIC site has no update after Bio, so BGC and elegibility only in tracker

have not recieved any email how long should i wait to call IRCC agents, no COPR in my profile (i am inland CEC)

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?

Nickk@6439

Jan 1, 2024
Disclaimer: The explanations below are based on communications with forum members, observation of actual timelines posted by members, my GCMS notes, and extensive personal research. These MAY NOT be the fact nor they are legal advices. Also actual processing time varies by your VO. These explanations only apply to CEC applications filed in late 2022 and early 2023.

Hope this helps anyone who has similar questions, because I've seen them being posted again and again.

I originally posted this thread around noon today, but it was blocked from public view because I edited some spelling errors a couple times.

Stages:
R10 - Happens 15-30 days after AOR. In this stage a program assistant checks if all the requested documents are there. They WILL NOT validate anything. Under current Temporary Public Policy you are exempt to do a new medical if you are residing in Canada. The assistant will mark your medical as passed in order to let the application proceed to the next step. Your GCMS notes will have following words: "... TPP dated October 6, 2022: please review" that's a reminder to the officer who processes background check in a later stage. If you provided your old UCI in the PR application form your biometrics will be retrieved and linked to your application using that. In this stage they will send your biometrics to RCMP to conduct criminality check. They will check your foreign PCC to ensure they shows NRT (no reportable trace) and validate language scores and ECAs. If anything is missing they will send out ADR or return your application.

Your tracker will show biometrics and medicals "Completed" if you passed R10.

Eligibility - currently happens 2-3 months after R10. Pretty straightforward, first a case analyst will check and validate your documents, mostly related to your employment in Canada, to see if job description matches NOC, if your NOC is correct, etc., and make recommendations. If everything is good then it is Recommend Passed. If not, mostly due to your job descriptions is missing and you did not provide LOE, then it is Review Required. There will probably be a GU but some do not have a GU during this action. About 2-3 weeks after the case analyst had made recommendation, an Officer will check the recommendation and look through your documents again. The Officer is the guy who can refuse your application if they find you not eligible under A11.2. The Officer then will made the final judgement to pass or fail your eligibility.

Usually if a case analyst makes "recommend passed" they will send out RPRF request if you did not pay upfront, because officers usually pass eligibility if a case analyst makes "recommend passed" decision. If it's "review required" and officer "passed" your eligibility the RPRF request is sent after Officer passed your eligibility. So if you've received a RPRF request that's a very good news.

Your tracker's Eligibility will show "in progress" after the analyst recommendation, regardless the result. It will turn to "Completed" after the officer PASSED your eligibility. you will get a GU after eligibility decision has been made by the officer.

Background Check - Info sharing will happen sometime after R10. Security will happen after eligibility passed (there will be a GU for security start). In this stage they will now check and validate everything other than your employment documents. They will check your medicals no matter it's new or expired one under the temporary policy (that's why some people will see medicals passed AGAIN a few days before PPR). They will receive information from RCMP, CSIS, etc. for your traces of criminal activity. BGC has three stages: Medical (passed again), Criminality (check and validate your PCC), and Security (no one knows what happens because the process is highly confidential).

Your tracker will show "in progress" or just "not started" which does not matter. Usually the tracker BGC will be "completed" a few days before PPR or even post-PPR, depends on the VO.

You will have portal email a few days after BGC has been completed. There will be a GU after the BGC is completed (the GU one or two days before PPR)

To sum up the current process for average people: AOR - (15-30 days) - R10 (GU) - (2-3 months) - Eligibility recommendation - (2-3 weeks) - Eligibility decision by officer (GU) - (immediately or 1-2 days) - BGC (1-2 GUs) - (2 weeks - 1 month) - PPR.

Hope this helps! And as always check the disclaimer on the top of this page.
Thank a lot for the detailed explaination.