+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current CEC Processing, Explained (2022-2023)

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
yes, there was a GU first, and when I went into the application page I saw that "final decision".

BTW, just received portal 1 this afternoon:D
Congratulations!

bluesparrow1

Sep 7, 2023
That's the thing. My eligibility is shown as "not started" o_O
Hi everyone one,
My application was submitted on 1st Feb
My biometric and medical were completed on 8th of May.

My eligibility criteria isn't started yet, but my background verification is in process.

When I called ircc customer support, they said that your eligibility criteria has not matched. But they haven't updated anything like that on my portal or tracker. It still says not started.

Can they start background verification without eligibility criteria started? I am so confused.

bluesparrow1

Sep 7, 2023
Hi everyone,

My eligibility criteria isn't started yet, but my background verification is in process.

When I called ircc customer support, they said that your eligibility criteria has not matched. But they haven't updated anything like that on my portal or tracker. It still says not started.

Can they start background verification without eligibility criteria started? I am so confused.

harmeet.a

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
May 07 AOR

Bio and Meds are completed

Eligibility went into progress on Aug 23rd, it has been 2 weeks now? Usually how long does it take from here?

Background Verification has been in progress ever since and received the last GU just before eligibility started.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hi everyone one,

Yes, they did that. My background was completed several months before my Eligibility. If everything on your side is good, Eligibility check shouldn't take long.

bluesparrow1

Sep 7, 2023
Yes, they did that. My background was completed several months before my Eligibility. If everything on your side is good, Eligibility check shouldn't take long.
Thanks.
But what about ircc customer support? Are they always correct?
The lady said that my eligibility is not matched.
But the portal is still showing that we are reviewing your eligibility.
And the tracker shows eligibility not started yet.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Thanks.
But what about ircc customer support? Are they always correct?
The lady said that my eligibility is not matched.
But the portal is still showing that we are reviewing your eligibility.
And the tracker shows eligibility not started yet.
I don't always trust IRCC call center agents. They don't have access into the big picture of our application. For example, I called them twice but they never mentioned that my Eligibility was under Review Required. I got to know that through the GCMS note. So IRCC call center agents can give some info, but not all of it, and that's okay. What do you mean by "not matched"?

bluesparrow1

Sep 7, 2023
I don't always trust IRCC call center agents. They don't have access into the big picture of our application. For example, I called them twice but they never mentioned that my Eligibility was under Review Required. I got to know that through the GCMS note. So IRCC call center agents can give some info, but not all of it, and that's okay. What do you mean by "not matched"?
I don't know either. She said that your eligibility didn't matched. I asked her can you be specific. She said I am not an ircc officer I am just an agent.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022

canada123456!!

Apr 15, 2023
Did you specifically ask the IRCC agent if your eligibility was review required or recommended passed?

canada123456!!

Apr 15, 2023
May 07 AOR

Bio and Meds are completed

Eligibility went into progress on Aug 23rd, it has been 2 weeks now? Usually how long does it take from here?

Background Verification has been in progress ever since and received the last GU just before eligibility started.
What is your VO?