+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current application time at Paris or Vienna offices

dbdbdb

Jun 3, 2013
Does anyone know what the current waiting time is for a work permit application at the Paris or Vienna offices?

The homepage of the Paris embassy homepage says 10 working days, which seems to be extremely fast. Can it really be that quick? I'm a bit worried as a start my new job in Canada on Sept 1, and I still don't have all the documents I need to apply (had to renew my passport, still waiting to get it, etc, etc).

PS. If live in Switzerland: If I apply online my application will be sent to either the Paris or Vienna offices, right? DS.

HappyHobo

Jun 28, 2013
Hi dbdbdb,

I recently applied to Paris for a work and student permit for me and my spouse (work for me, work and study for spouse). We live in Switzerland. The timeline so far has been:

27 May 2013: Application submitted online, confirmed same day
29 May 2013: Passport request for spouse (not for me as I am visa exempt), passport sent same day
30 May 2013: My work permit POE letter of introduction issued (permit approved)
31 May 2013: Spouse's passport arrives at Paris embassy
05 Jun 2013: Spouse's study permit approved
15 Jun 2013: Spouse's work permit approved

It appears things are still moving in Paris to some extent even after the strike began, although my spouse's passport has been held hostage there for a month so far. We are getting a little stressed out because we'd planned on moving to Canada in early July, and it looks like that won't happen. This obviously creates a bunch of housing and travel hassles on both ends for us. If you don't need a visa, you might be in luck. I have the feeling my spouse's passport is collecting dust on some desk in Paris while PAFSO is on strike. I emailed the embassy yesterday to see what's going on, and hope to get some response from them.

Best of luck with your application.