+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ + visitor record status

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Thanks for the response. Waiting for the PR? you mean just applying for the PR is enough, or I should get AOR?
The confirmation of your PR application payment is sufficient
Look Quebec immigration website, they have details

christian1981

Feb 14, 2015
Hello.
This is my situation. I am in canada with a visitor record status for until 2022. I already have the CSQ. I have used the "come to canada" wizard tool and based in all questions, at the end the response is " you may be eligible to obtain a work permit".
Does it mean that if I apply under my conditions, I could obtain the Work Permit?
I understand that there is not 100% guarantee, but I only want to know if under my circustances I meet the conditions to obtain the work permit.
I appreciate any guide to apply.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hello.
This is my situation. I am in canada with a visitor record status for until 2022. I already have the CSQ. I have used the "come to canada" wizard tool and based in all questions, at the end the response is " you may be eligible to obtain a work permit".
Does it mean that if I apply under my conditions, I could obtain the Work Permit?
I understand that there is not 100% guarantee, but I only want to know if under my circustances I meet the conditions to obtain the work permit.
did you apply visitor record inside canada? and you applied for how many months? is it possible to get 2 years or 3 years visitor record inside canada? i got 6 months

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
you can
Hello.
you can only apply work permit through LMIA and it will be closed ,otherwise you cant apply ,when did you apply your PR file?

christian1981

Feb 14, 2015
you can

you can only apply work permit through LMIA and it will be closed ,otherwise you cant apply ,when did you apply your PR file?
Hello Meenaraja.
Thanks for your response.
I have no applied to the PR yet, because I just received the CSQ. However I need the Work Permit to work, because I am in Canada with a Visitor Record.
I understand from your question that:
1. I will not get an open work permit and
2. In order to have the work permit, I will need a job offer.

I just add that my wife is under an Open Work Permit, but she is not working yet.

I appreciate your confirmation.
Regards

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hello Meenaraja.
I have no applied to the PR yet, because I just received the CSQ. However I need the Work Permit to work, because I am in Canada with a Visitor Record.

I just add that my wife is under an Open Work Permit, but she is not working yet.

Regards
yes for work permit you should have job offer with LMIA othewise you cant change your status from visitor to worker

christian1981

Feb 14, 2015
did you apply visitor record inside canada? and you applied for how many months? is it possible to get 2 years or 3 years visitor record inside canada? i got 6 months
To reply...
I did not apply for the visitor record. I live here with my wife which has an PGWP until 2022. The thing is that I was passing through Immigration at the airport with her, and the officer without asking, He handed over the visitor record, and then He told me, you are free to go. That was it.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hello Meenaraja.

Regards
my question is when did you apply for visitor record and applied for how many months?
and the 2nd question is did you apply with yourself or applied through lawyer?

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
To reply...
I did not apply for the visitor record. I live here with my wife which has an PGWP until 2022. The thing is that I was passing through Immigration at the airport with her, and the officer without asking, He handed over the visitor record, and then He told me, you are free to go. That was it.
ok i got it ,thnx

a_ch_

Mar 31, 2020
Hello.

you should be exempt from LMIA with CSQ! That's what I figured after a lot of searches! I'm not still sure 100%, because I think at the end of the day it will depend on the officer's decision! You should do more searches and ask people who had the same situation before! Also, ask several lawyers! Both Quebecois and the others. And please share the result if you found something new :)

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
If your wife has a PGWP you can get an open work permit(she needs to be working) with the same expiration date of her PGWP. When those permits expired, if you have a CSQ + work, your employer can submit an A75 form and you will get a closed work permit for 2 years.

Please used first the benefits of the PGWP and letter apply for the closed work permit.

Danish4210

Aug 19, 2020
Hi,
I am about to submit my closed work permit application - LIMA exempt.

- I got an employment letter from my employer and ID (A*******) too and has CSQ also.

-The online application requires an invitation letter that does not make any sense to me as I am already in Canada and has been working with the same employer for almost 2 years.

- What should I upload at the invitation letter section?

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
I uploaded again my job offer letter, this was an immigration consultant's advice and it worked. They approved my application in 3 days.