+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ + visitor record status

komostati

May 7, 2017
Hi. I'm expected to get my CSQ soon but I have a visitor record status. If I find an emloyer, do I obtain that closed work permit?

PS: I have visitor record because my study permit expired and I'm not eligible for another PGWP.

An answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
you can only get closed work permit if you have approved LMIA otherwise not ,you have visitor extension for how long? did you get for 6 months or more?

komostati

May 7, 2017
I'll answer my question in case someone else in this situation . I can't apply to closed work permit exepmt 75 with a visitor record. I need some sort of work permit which I don't have.

Reactions: Feri12

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi. I'm expected to get my CSQ soon but I have a visitor record status. If I find an emloyer, do I obtain that closed work permit?

PS: I have visitor record because my study permit expired and I'm not eligible for another PGWP.

An answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hi, You current status is visitor record and you do not get CSQ yet, if you applied and or used PGWP before and its expired, you may not able to obtain closed work permit. the closed work permit need your potential employer to support you do some paper works, and not many of them willing to do that.

my opinion, 1. find a employer willing to help you 2. stay in canada until you visit record expires
but, since you could not legally work or study(with you CSQ longer than 6 months), you may try wait back to your home country, just like me lol.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hi, You current status is visitor record and you do not get CSQ yet, if you applied and or used PGWP before and its expired, you may not able to obtain closed work permit. the closed work permit need your potential employer to support you do some paper works, and not many of them willing to do that.

my opinion, 1. find a employer willing to help you 2. stay in canada until you visit record expires
but, since you could not legally work or study(with you CSQ longer than 6 months), you may try wait back to your home country, just like me lol.
so if we get csq and we applied for federal and we can go back to our country then there we can change our address ? and it will not effect our file or time change problem?

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
so if we get csq and we applied for federal and we can go back to our country then there we can change our address ? and it will not effect our file or time change problem?
my immi lawyer is taking care of my case, so i leave the agence address which in Montréal. personally i did not change address here. I could not answer this question, you may try ask other people on this part.

a_ch_

Mar 31, 2020
I'll answer my question in case someone else in this situation . I can't apply to closed work permit exepmt 75 with a visitor record. I need some sort of work permit which I don't have.
hi
I'm in the same situation as like as you. I'm currently in Quebec with a visitor permit, waiting for csq. So, as you said it's not possible to obtain a close work permit? Because my lawyer was taking about IMP, which I don't have any information about that. But he mentioned that there is a high chance to get a close work permit!!

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018

If you go back to your home then waiting time period is same ?

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
If you go back to your home then waiting time period is same ?
sorry, i do not know, some of my friends waiting in canada and others waiting at their home country, i suggest you ask immigration consultant for secure.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
I seeing this post now. Yes with your CSQ if you found a job offer you can apply for a job with an LMIA exception. Your employer needs to complete the form A75 and pay a fee of CAD$230 to give you a closed work permit valid for 2 years. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

a_ch_

Mar 31, 2020
I seeing this post now. Yes with your CSQ if you found a job offer you can apply for a job with an LMIA exception. Your employer needs to complete the form A75 and pay a fee of CAD$230 to give you a closed work permit valid for 2 years. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html
In case PGWP was expired and a person resides in Quebec with a visitor permit, would not be included A75 exemption to obtain CWP?

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
In case PGWP was expired and a person resides in Quebec with a visitor permit, would not be included A75 exemption to obtain CWP?
that person is included only if he/she has a CSQ and is waiting for PR from the federal