+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ through PEQ: My previous employer is not answering my request for an Attestation d'emploi

ringneng

Feb 7, 2019
Hey guys,

So I keep going through every thread here and freaking out.

I originally came with the Young Professionals program and started working at a company as an intern, but had to quit and found another job because I was lied to about my wages.

I have been in this new company now for about 9 months, my work permit expires April 13th. I didn't know about the PEQ process and wasted a lot of time applying through Arrima for nothing.

I was reading over the PEQ document requirements and one of them is that I have to get Attestation d'emploi/certificate of labor, an original, signed, etc. etc.

Can I just submit a certificate of labor for the company I currently am in, even though I've been with them 9 months? (PEQ minimum is 12 months).

I assume I'd have to submit 2 of them, one for my current employer and one for my previous one, whom I worked for during 6 months but they are not answering my emails. I emailed HR, my exboss, and I am getting radio silence.

To counter this, I was thinking of providing proof of my work experience with the previous company and therefore proving that I have 12+months work experience with the following items:

1) My old work permit (copy)
2) My offer of internship (copy)
3) My tax records and bank statements. (copy)
4) A letter of explanation with information as to why I had to switch employers.
5) The email evidence that shows where my first employer lied about the wages and working conditions.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Would it be OK to submit one original Attestation d'emploi and that list of documents for my first employer?

BONUS question: What happens when I've submitted my application and my work permit runs out? My visa has a stamped that I should leave by the same date also. Can I leave and come back? I assume I won't be able to work, but are officers okay with me coming in like "I'm waiting to get my CSQ"? What sort of supporting documents does one show them?

I'm super stressed and on edge, I hope anyone has any words of advice.

Thank you!