+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ moving to Toronto. Please Help!

Smirna23

Jun 4, 2018
Hello everyone!
I don't know if I am in the right place but I am sure that someone can help me answer my question.
I've been living in Quebec for the past 4 years. I studied here and I applied for my CSQ through the PEQ process.
I received my CSQ last week! :)
I have been actively looking for a job and I got some offers from Toronto.
I am planning to apply for my PR this week, I already have a complete file.
The question is, can I accept a job offer from Toronto and move there while I am between my CSQ and waiting for my PR? It confuses me if I HAVE to stay here in Quebec or I am free to move and accept my job offer.

Thank you so much for helping me!

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Congrats on ur csq! I also lived here for over 4 years but I haven't got my csq... Unfortunatedly you can not work in Ontario and apply for pr using csq. But one solution is if you can find a job in Ottawa, you can work there but live in gatineau. Or you need to either find a job in Montreal or totally cancel your csq and try the express entry in Ontario which is pretty fast.

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello everyone!
I don't know if I am in the right place but I am sure that someone can help me answer my question.
I've been living in Quebec for the past 4 years. I studied here and I applied for my CSQ through the PEQ process.
I received my CSQ last week! :)
I have been actively looking for a job and I got some offers from Toronto.
I am planning to apply for my PR this week, I already have a complete file.
The question is, can I accept a job offer from Toronto and move there while I am between my CSQ and waiting for my PR? It confuses me if I HAVE to stay here in Quebec or I am free to move and accept my job offer.

Thank you so much for helping me!
Depends on your chance. I have seen cases where applicants moved to another province while waiting for PR with no problem and I have heard of people having their CSQs revoked cause they left Quebec to another Canadian province in the PR process. Interestingly, if you move to another country, they cannot revoke your CSQ!! (you have to apply to an overseas visa office for PR) but if you move within Canada there is a chance you lose your CSQ.

Smirna23

Jun 4, 2018
Depends on your chance. I have seen cases where applicants moved to another province while waiting for PR with no problem and I have heard of people having their CSQs revoked cause they left Quebec to another Canadian province in the PR process. Interestingly, if you move to another country, they cannot revoke your CSQ!! (you have to apply to an overseas visa office for PR) but if you move within Canada there is a chance you lose your CSQ.
Hey Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate it!
But I found something that might help me. I have a Post Graduate Work Permit. And I still have 2 more years to go. And on the CIC website, it says "The post-graduation work permit is an open work permit. This means that you can work in any occupation anywhere in Canada, and change employers any time you wish."

So I do have my CSQ but I also have a Post Graduate work permit which allows me to work anywhere in Canada.

What do you think about this? Quite a dilema haha

Smirna23

Jun 4, 2018
Congrats on ur csq! I also lived here for over 4 years but I haven't got my csq... Unfortunatedly you can not work in Ontario and apply for pr using csq. But one solution is if you can find a job in Ottawa, you can work there but live in gatineau. Or you need to either find a job in Montreal or totally cancel your csq and try the express entry in Ontario which is pretty fast.
Thank You for your response!! Good luck with your CSQ, I got mine in less than 3 weeks! so don't worry

saam83

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hey Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate it!
But I found something that might help me. I have a Post Graduate Work Permit. And I still have 2 more years to go. And on the CIC website, it says "The post-graduation work permit is an open work permit. This means that you can work in any occupation anywhere in Canada, and change employers any time you wish."

So I do have my CSQ but I also have a Post Graduate work permit which allows me to work anywhere in Canada.

What do you think about this? Quite a dilema haha
I also said that there's always a risk to go out of QC if you apply for PR with CSQ. Work permit doesn't change that. Of course you can work with your work permit anywhere in Canada but you cannot (may noy) get your permanent residency from quebec while you are working elsewhere in canada. It's not a dilema, they are two compeletly different things. when you file your taxes next year, quebec will understand that you left the province, and will probably send you a letter to come back, it happened to one of my friends.

rskmrano

Jun 8, 2018
Hi members,

I would like to know if some of you have my case and if you can help me to provide more informations.

In July 2016, my husband and I received my CSQ after finishing my Ph.D. diploma. My husband arrived to Canada as worker.

In August 31, 2016, we moved together from Quebec to Alberta to start working, I accept an offer of employment in Alberta because I never find a job in Quebec; my husband started also a work in a restaurant.

In January 2017, our permanent residence application file was open and the application started to be treated.

In March 2018, I received a letter from Ministere de l”immigration, diversite et inclusion including an intention to annulate our CSQ, due to our residency in Alberta and to our establishment plan that never convince them that we want to establish permanently in Quebec. They indicate to provide a reply before 1 Juin 2017, they have done an error about the year, its 2018 and no 2017.

I sent a reply to Quebec in 10 May 2018, containing a detailed letter, a detailed establishment plan, the previous emails that indicate that I searched employment in 2012 and 2016 without any jobs, support letters from my previous supervisor in Quebec and from my recent supervisor, offer of employment from Quebec employer, support letters from friends in Quebec (medical doctors, students, and workers), letter of accommodation from a friend in Quebec indicating an address, and bank statement.

I also include the passport of my daughter that was born in October 2017 in Alberta.

What do you expect as reply? We are stressed about our case and hope to have a positive answer from Quebec to erase the intention of CSQ annulation.

saam83

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi members,

I would like to know if some of you have my case and if you can help me to provide more informations.

In July 2016, my husband and I received my CSQ after finishing my Ph.D. diploma. My husband arrived to Canada as worker.

In August 31, 2016, we moved together from Quebec to Alberta to start working, I accept an offer of employment in Alberta because I never find a job in Quebec; my husband started also a work in a restaurant.

In January 2017, our permanent residence application file was open and the application started to be treated.

In March 2018, I received a letter from Ministere de l”immigration, diversite et inclusion including an intention to annulate our CSQ, due to our residency in Alberta and to our establishment plan that never convince them that we want to establish permanently in Quebec. They indicate to provide a reply before 1 Juin 2017, they have done an error about the year, its 2018 and no 2017.

I sent a reply to Quebec in 10 May 2018, containing a detailed letter, a detailed establishment plan, the previous emails that indicate that I searched employment in 2012 and 2016 without any jobs, support letters from my previous supervisor in Quebec and from my recent supervisor, offer of employment from Quebec employer, support letters from friends in Quebec (medical doctors, students, and workers), letter of accommodation from a friend in Quebec indicating an address, and bank statement.

I also include the passport of my daughter that was born in October 2017 in Alberta.

What do you expect as reply? We are stressed about our case and hope to have a positive answer from Quebec to erase the intention of CSQ annulation.
Hi, this is exactly what I've been trying to explain to Saminrna23. Quebec will (in most cases) cancel the CSQ if the applicant leaves the province. It's actually true forother Provincial programs as well. You have to stay in the province by which you applied for your permanent residency. Otherwise that province can annulate your provincial nomination (CSQ in this case). This happened to my friend, she came back to quebec and it was solved.

You got your CSQ on July and leave the province on August ( a month later). How are gonna show them that you searched for jobs but couldn't find any?I don't think they would be convinced. I think you need to apply for your PR from Alberta programs.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi, this is exactly what I've been trying to explain to Saminrna23. Quebec will (in most cases) cancel the CSQ if the applicant leaves the province. It's actually true forother Provincial programs as well. You have to stay in the province by which you applied for your permanent residency. Otherwise that province can annulate your provincial nomination (CSQ in this case). This happened to my friend, she came back to quebec and it was solved.

You got your CSQ on July and leave the province on August ( a month later). How are gonna show them that you searched for jobs but couldn't find any?I don't think they would be convinced. I think you need to apply for your PR from Alberta programs.
Totally agree, u can never convince the quebec goverment any more. Just changed your program.

rskmrano

Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for your reply,
Since i am a Ph.D. doctor, and i need to continue my postdoctoral studies without an interruption. I applied for jobs one year before my graduation.
But my research domain is limited in Quebec, that's why i accept an offer of employment from Alberta to don't stop my carrier.
My future aim is to open my own research in Quebec and to establish myself permanently their.

Now, i searched actively jobs and i get an offer , hope that i convince them to don't annulate my CSQ.

saam83

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for your reply,
Since i am a Ph.D. doctor, and i need to continue my postdoctoral studies without an interruption. I applied for jobs one year before my graduation.
But my research domain is limited in Quebec, that's why i accept an offer of employment from Alberta to don't stop my carrier.
My future aim is to open my own research in Quebec and to establish myself permanently their.

Now, i searched actively jobs and i get an offer , hope that i convince them to don't annulate my CSQ.
A job offer from quebec and showing that you will take that job soon, would certainely help. Give it a try! Bonne chance!

rskmrano

Jun 8, 2018
yes, a job offer that will start in September 2018, also i include lot of support letters from friends and colleagues and one cousin.
The limitation in my case that i have a work permit that is limited to my current employer that's why i need to keep the validity of CSQ to apply for a work permit that allow me to work in Quebec.

saam83

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
yes, a job offer that will start in September 2018, also i include lot of support letters from friends and colleagues and one cousin.
The limitation in my case that i have a work permit that is limited to my current employer that's why i need to keep the validity of CSQ to apply for a work permit that allow me to work in Quebec.
are you sure you need CSQ to work in Quebec?