+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

Tazim123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hello All, My wife is sponsoring me and recently we received the latter to apply for CSQ. My wife finished her study and is not at work yet. She is looking for a job. I have a good job and we are living together in Montreal.

My wife is unemployed and doesn't have any assets to show, could it be an issue?

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Hello All, My wife is sponsoring me and recently we received the latter to apply for CSQ. My wife finished her study and is not at work yet. She is looking for a job. I have a good job and we are living together in Montreal.

My wife is unemployed and doesn't have any assets to show, could it be an issue?
Not an issue. I am in a similar case.
btw would love to know your timeline of the process :)

hanzi

Jul 28, 2021
Hi just wondering how long everyone's CSQ are being processed at the moment? Our credit card was charged the 4th of August and we're still waiting to hear back ... I'm in Australia and the post is super super slow at the moment so there could be something on the way ...

neigeman

Jun 6, 2021
Hi just wondering how long everyone's CSQ are being processed at the moment? Our credit card was charged the 4th of August and we're still waiting to hear back ... I'm in Australia and the post is super super slow at the moment so there could be something on the way ...
Hi. Normally after 1 month of receiving the application, MIDI charges your credit card and in a week (less or more)sponsor will get AOR and application number of Quebec. In less than one month sponsor will recieve the CSQ by post. Pay attention that MIDI sends csq to the sponsor who lives in Quebec via post office. so it doesnt matter where the applicant lives cause they wont send csq to applicant at all! Also the durations that i mentioned are approximate. Sponsor have this chance to call MIDI too.

Last edited:

hanzi

Jul 28, 2021
Hi. Normally after 1 month of receiving the application, MIDI charges your credit card and in a week (less or more)sponsor will get AOR and application number of Quebec. In less than one month sponsor will recieve the CSQ by post. Pay attention that MIDI sends csq to the sponsor who lives in Quebec via post office. so it doesnt matter where the applicant lives cause they wont send csq to applicant at all! Also the durations that i mentioned are approximate. Sponsor have this chance to call MIDI too.
Thanks! We both live in Australia at the moment actually. Yes he's called MIDI a lot - either super rude or super helpful, ha ha, will call again tonight - thanks!

neigeman

Jun 6, 2021
Thanks! We both live in Australia at the moment actually. Yes he's called MIDI a lot - either super rude or super helpful, ha ha, will call again tonight - thanks!
ur welcome. so i guess in this case maybe it takes times to receive the CSQ in paper. BEST OF LUCK :)