+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

marakh

Mar 13, 2023

Jeffsawma

Apr 7, 2021
Beirut
Category........
FAM
When did you send your application and when did they receive it and did you end up receiving the acknowledgement of receipt letter in the mail after all? Congratulations!
Just wanted to give an update that we got the CSQ in the mail today :)
Now waiting for Pretoria Visa office to continue the application. I heard it's pretty bad out there, so hoping it won't take too long from here

marakh

Mar 13, 2023
When did you send your application and when did they receive it and did you end up receiving the acknowledgement of receipt letter in the mail after all? Congratulations!
Initially sent March 01, they sent it back March 10 as something was missing, I sent it back and they received it March 30, Got the acknowledgement of receipt dated April 9, then got the CSQ this morning.

Reactions: Jeffsawma

FatCat111111

Apr 27, 2023
Can anyone share that how soon you received the CSQ invitation from IRCC after submit the application ?
I sent my application in Dec 2022, but no news for CSQ yet
Initially submitted in Dec 2022, returned because missing document (they said i need a police report, which I though it’s not required as I am spent most of time in Canada since turning 18)
Resubmitted March, 20, 2023
CSQ invitation April, 20, 2023

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Good morning - question for those who already received CSQ. if your method of payment was via credit card filling out the form. AT the time when you received you AOR did mifi charged your credit card already then you received your AOR or you first received AOR, then credit card was charged then you received the CSQ. kindly someone let me know please

marakh

Mar 13, 2023
Good morning - question for those who already received CSQ. if your method of payment was via credit card filling out the form. AT the time when you received you AOR did mifi charged your credit card already then you received your AOR or you first received AOR, then credit card was charged then you received the CSQ. kindly someone let me know please
The date on my letter is the same day I was charged.
Obviously, you will receive the letter a few days after since it's in the mail.

hamsterQC

May 6, 2023
Hello, hope I'm in the right thread.
It seems like everyone does the CSQ before their application so I've had a hard time finding information online regrding wait times and delays. We've submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application (by mail) in May 2022. This is our current timeline:
- Application sent: May 2022
- AOR: June 2022
- Medical exams request, sent and received: July 2022
- *Update from IIRC to do the QC "undertaking application": Nov 2022
- Documents sent to the QC gov: Nov 2022
- CSQ received and approved: Jan 2023
To our knowledge, we have already sent every documents required.

Since Jan, no updates.
We thought the CSQ approval was the last leg of the application and that we'd receive an update about PR within 3 months from that, but we haven't gotten any news in 4 months. When I verify the application online, it says "In progress". The last update is Medical exams received in July 2022 and it hasn't changed since then.
*The letter from the IIRC for this step mentioned "Please provide evidence that you have submitted the undertaking application to MIFI". We overlooked this and never updated the IIRC directly, however at this point we've received the CSQ which mentions they have provided a copy to the IIRC and we have nothing else to provide at the moment while we wait for PR.

I've tried linking our application to an account online with no success. We're considering doing a GCMS but wanted to hear if anyone has been in a similar situation and had any insights to provide.
Any clue on the delays?

FatCat111111

Apr 27, 2023
It seems like everyone does the CSQ before their application so I've had a hard time finding information online regrding wait times and delays. We've submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application (by mail) in May 2022. This is our current timeline:

Since Jan, no updates.
We thought the CSQ approval was the last leg of the application and that we'd receive an update about PR within 3 months from that, but we haven't gotten any news in 4 months. When I verify the application online, it says "In progress". The last update is Medical exams received in July 2022 and it hasn't changed since then.
*The letter from the IIRC for this step mentioned "Please provide evidence that you have submitted the undertaking application to MIFI". We overlooked this and never updated the IIRC directly, however at this point we've received the CSQ which mentions they have provided a copy to the IIRC and we have nothing else to provide at the moment while we wait for PR.

I've tried linking our application to an account online with no success. We're considering doing a GCMS but wanted to hear if anyone has been in a similar situation and had any insights to provide.
Any clue on the delays?
Never trust them on transmitting your document. First step might be calling IRCC to see if they have even received your CSQ.

Reactions: Charbk

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW

Since Jan, no updates.

Any clue on the delays?
CSQ is definitely NOT the last leg of the application. There’s background check and eligibility which can take months and months depending on the VO and then one day it says completed and things move quick from there to PPR. If they asked for proof you submitted for the CSQ, you should have sent the proof. There’s been quite a few I see that somehow MIFI never updated IRCC with their CSQ even though they say they automatically will. I suggest you do a web form and add your CSQ just in case. This is a long time for inland though…but they say 14months now for inland from the date when processing started. I suggest you order your gcms. August (14months is almost here)

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
I received my CSQ request letter for my wife's application.

On the letter it says that "This must be received at this office by: 2023/05/25"

Is IRCC expecting that they must receive the CSQ by May 25th?

I've already submitted the CSQ application, but I'm confused as to whether the IRCC expects to receive the CSQ confirmation by May 25th, even though I don't have any control over it.

At the bottom of the letter it says that the the document needs to be received by the date above....

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I received my CSQ request letter for my wife's application.

On the letter it says that "This must be received at this office by: 2023/05/25"

Is IRCC expecting that they must receive the CSQ by May 25th?

I've already submitted the CSQ application, but I'm confused as to whether the IRCC expects to receive the CSQ confirmation by May 25th, even though I don't have any control over it.

At the bottom of the letter it says that the the document needs to be received by the date above....
This is probably not the request but a reminder. The request comes with the SA and usually bears no specific date. When was your SA and when did you sent an application to MIFI?

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
This is probably not the request but a reminder. The request comes with the SA and usually bears no specific date. When was your SA and when did you sent an application to MIFI?
Hi! So in my gckey account the document is titled "request letter", I never received a "sponsor approval letter"

Timeline looks like this...

Application submitted: December 31
AOR: Feb 24
Biometrics: Already done from before valid until 2029
Medical request: March 12
Medical Passed: March 28
CSQ Letter: May 1

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi! So in my gckey account the document is titled "request letter", I never received a "sponsor approval letter"

Timeline looks like this...

Application submitted: December 31
AOR: Feb 24
Biometrics: Already done from before valid until 2029
Medical request: March 12
Medical Passed: March 28
CSQ Letter: May 1
Strange since you are required to add your SA to the CSQ request. I'm not sure if this letter is accepted or not. I've got the SA to the sponsor's email that was entered in the form. Be sure to check it well. If you have sponsor's UCI you can register on the PR tracker and check when sponsor's eligibility was completed and look for an email at that date +- few days.

Wait and see if CSQ is quick to arrive and you`ll be ok. But it may take a month which will be somewhat after the deadline.
You would probably be better to send the webform explaining that the application to MIFI was sent as soon as practically possible and ask for extension.