+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse)

ppeg

Feb 29, 2020
Can anyone share that how soon you received the CSQ invitation from IRCC after submit the application ?
I sent my application in Dec 2022, but no news for CSQ yet

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
No. They haven't lost it, that's for sure. I was tracking the package before it reached them. The responsible person that has received it at the office has also signed it upon arrival. I got a notification on the tracking tool stating that.
Did you finally got your CSQ?

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hello ALL, Applying CSQ for my parents PR. i just received Sponsor Approval. And have few question. Will appreciate if someone help me understand the below

Question 1. Undertaking Form A0546GF - what do they mean when it says Fill out this form in two copies? Do I have to fillout the same form 1 for Principal applicant and 1 for Dependant? below is what the form says-

Marche à suivre Vous devez :
  • remplir le présent formulaire en deux exemplaires en vous basant sur les renseignements que vous avez fournis dans la demande de parrainage qui a été jugée recevable par Immigration, réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) et inclure seulement les personnes parrainées inscrites dans cette demande ;
  • obtenir l’autorisation de IRCC si, dans votre demande d’engagement, vous voulez ajouter d’autres membres de votre famille, si vous voulezmodifier le statut de « non accompagnant » à « accompagnant » pour certaines des personnes que vous parrainez ou si vous voulez changer la personne parrainée principale ;
  • signer les deux exemplaires du formulaire à la section 8 (le cas échéant, la personne qui se porte cogarant de l’engagement avec vous devra elle aussi signer les deux exemplaires) ;
  • remplir le formulaire Documents à soumettre à l’appui de la demande d’engagement (A-1520-BF) et le joindre avec les documents de preuve, les pièces justificatives et le paiement des droits exigibles pour les personnes incluses dans votre demande (cogarant et personnes parrainées). Veuillez noter que nous n’accusons pas réception de vos documents par courrier, par courriel ou par la poste.

Question 2 : There are some sections in the form that is not applicable to me- do I leave them completely blank or type "NA"?
Question 3 : I am the sponsor of my parents and also their representative. I have already filled out IMM 5476 (representative form) at the time of submitting my application in the federal level. Can you please help understand what the below section referring to? Do I need to submit another representative form for CSQ?if yes where do I find that form?

Documents to be submitted -Documents à soumettre à l’appui de la demande d’engagement- A1520BF- section 13 and 14- says

Documents à fournir si vous avez mandaté une personne pour vous représenter. Si cette section ne s’applique pas à votre situation, passez à la section suivantes.

Procuration – Mandat de représentation (formulaire A-0525-AF)Original
Attestation du consultant en immigration (formulaire A-0525-BF)Original

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello ALL, Applying CSQ for my parents PR. i just received Sponsor Approval. And have few question. Will appreciate if someone help me understand the below

Question 1. Undertaking Form A0546GF - what do they mean when it says Fill out this form in two copies? Do I have to fillout the same form 1 for Principal applicant and 1 for Dependant? below is what the form says-

Marche à suivre Vous devez :
  • remplir le présent formulaire en deux exemplaires en vous basant sur les renseignements que vous avez fournis dans la demande de parrainage qui a été jugée recevable par Immigration, réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) et inclure seulement les personnes parrainées inscrites dans cette demande ;
  • obtenir l’autorisation de IRCC si, dans votre demande d’engagement, vous voulez ajouter d’autres membres de votre famille, si vous voulezmodifier le statut de « non accompagnant » à « accompagnant » pour certaines des personnes que vous parrainez ou si vous voulez changer la personne parrainée principale ;
  • signer les deux exemplaires du formulaire à la section 8 (le cas échéant, la personne qui se porte cogarant de l’engagement avec vous devra elle aussi signer les deux exemplaires) ;
  • remplir le formulaire Documents à soumettre à l’appui de la demande d’engagement (A-1520-BF) et le joindre avec les documents de preuve, les pièces justificatives et le paiement des droits exigibles pour les personnes incluses dans votre demande (cogarant et personnes parrainées). Veuillez noter que nous n’accusons pas réception de vos documents par courrier, par courriel ou par la poste.

Question 2 : There are some sections in the form that is not applicable to me- do I leave them completely blank or type "NA"?
Question 3 : I am the sponsor of my parents and also their representative. I have already filled out IMM 5476 (representative form) at the time of submitting my application in the federal level. Can you please help understand what the below section referring to? Do I need to submit another representative form for CSQ?if yes where do I find that form?

Documents to be submitted -Documents à soumettre à l’appui de la demande d’engagement- A1520BF- section 13 and 14- says

Documents à fournir si vous avez mandaté une personne pour vous représenter. Si cette section ne s’applique pas à votre situation, passez à la section suivantes.

Procuration – Mandat de représentation (formulaire A-0525-AF)Original
Attestation du consultant en immigration (formulaire A-0525-BF)Original
Q1. You have to print and sign two identical copies. One will be returned to you with indicated undertaking time.
Q2 I left blank.
Q3. I believe that this is for a payed representative of the sponsor. So if you send the documents by yourself you don't need it. In contrast to IRCC, MIDI, if sponsoring spouse, will send all documents to the sponsor. IRCC communicates directly with the PA. But I'm not sure about sponsoring parents.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Any recent applicants? What’s the latest timeline? MIFI page indicates that they are processing applications sent on 1st of February and they didn’t update it for a while.
I’ve seen one person got their csq in 12 days a month or so ago.
I’ve sent mine on 1st of March, waiting for AOR…
Looks that I'm the only one... so just if someone is interested in the latest timeline:
CSQ request sent: 1 Mar (mail arrived the next day)
CSQ AOR: 14 Mar (letter dated 10 Mar)
CSQ received: 3 Apr (envelop dated 29 Mar)

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Looks that I'm the only one... so just if someone is interested in the latest timeline:
CSQ request sent: 1 Mar (mail arrived the next day)
CSQ AOR: 14 Mar (letter dated 10 Mar)
CSQ received: 3 Apr (envelop dated 29 Mar)
H, how did you receive AOR is it via email? is there any way to track CSQ?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
H, how did you receive AOR is it via email? is there any way to track CSQ?
It was an ordinary mail via Canada Post. I think they send AOR only if the sponsor is currently residing in the Country (I think I saw this mentioned somewhere on MIFI website).
And unfortunately there is no way to track the CSQ.
It's possible to call them, especially after AOR - you'll have reference numbers. But I didn't try it as I was well within the 25 business days they advertise.

Reactions: mtl-Oct21-2021

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
It was an ordinary mail via Canada Post. I think they send AOR only if the sponsor is currently residing in the Country (I think I saw this mentioned somewhere on MIFI website).
And unfortunately there is no way to track the CSQ.
It's possible to call them, especially after AOR - you'll have reference numbers. But I didn't try it as I was well within the 25 business days they advertise.
sorry to bother you again- did you submit Notice of Assessment? I do not have 2022 NOA yet becuase i am scheduled to file tax on next week
I also just received email from IRCC stating that Missiuaga office needs the CSQ by May 3rd. where as Mifi websites states they are reviewing file from Jan 26th. Any advise in this case? How am i going to ensure i get my CSQ before or BY may 3rd and what happens if I don't?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
sorry to bother you again- did you submit Notice of Assessment? I do not have 2022 NOA yet becuase i am scheduled to file tax on next week
I also just received email from IRCC stating that Missiuaga office needs the CSQ by May 3rd. where as Mifi websites states they are reviewing file from Jan 26th. Any advise in this case? How am i going to ensure i get my CSQ before or BY may 3rd and what happens if I don't?
No problem, that's why this forum exists.
NOA- For spouse sponsorship there is no financial evaluation required. Unless a spouse has a dependent who in turn has a dependent. In any case, I didn't have to submit anything about finances. But I see that you are sponsoring your parents. Sorry, I have no idea about this process yet.

MIFI takes forever to update the "currently processing". You can see at the bottom of the page the last update was on Feb 23. So Jan 26th is withing the 25 business days window. Almost the same situation on the spouse sponsorship page.

But I guess you didn't send the documents as of yet? Now it's a tight schedule. Again, I'm not familiar with the documents that are required with your type of application, but see if for example 2021 would work? And then, after you submit the request to MIFI you may contact IRCC via web form explaining the reasons for the delay and request an extension. Or contact a trusted immigration advisor if in doubt. Sorry, can't really help you here.

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
No problem, that's why this forum exists.
NOA- For spouse sponsorship there is no financial evaluation required. Unless a spouse has a dependent who in turn has a dependent. In any case, I didn't have to submit anything about finances. But I see that you are sponsoring your parents. Sorry, I have no idea about this process yet.

MIFI takes forever to update the "currently processing". You can see at the bottom of the page the last update was on Feb 23. So Jan 26th is withing the 25 business days window. Almost the same situation on the spouse sponsorship page.

But I guess you didn't send the documents as of yet? Now it's a tight schedule. Again, I'm not familiar with the documents that are required with your type of application, but see if for example 2021 would work? And then, after you submit the request to MIFI you may contact IRCC via web form explaining the reasons for the delay and request an extension. Or contact a trusted immigration advisor if in doubt. Sorry, can't really help you here.
ERCAN i really appreciate you taking the time to write me a response. Yes you are correct I submitting CSQ for my parents and have not yet submit the forms for CSQ. did you had to obtain signature from your spouse in any CSQ form? if yes did your submitted the scanned copy of the signed page or your spoused send you the signed copy via mail?

there is a form called A-0520 where i am asked to submit Original copy not sure by original if they meant actual signed copy. if possible please let me know. Thank you very much again for your help!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
ERCAN i really appreciate you taking the time to write me a response. Yes you are correct I submitting CSQ for my parents and have not yet submit the forms for CSQ. did you had to obtain signature from your spouse in any CSQ form? if yes did your submitted the scanned copy of the signed page or your spoused send you the signed copy via mail?

there is a form called A-0520 where i am asked to submit Original copy not sure by original if they meant actual signed copy. if possible please let me know. Thank you very much again for your help!
A-0520-BF
It looks like MIFI doesn`t accept signed and then scanned and then printed documents. There were reports of the scanned and printed copies to be returned. So I didn`t risk on that and used DHL Express to get the documents with original signatures. I even request my wife to include few copies just in case something goes wrong. Of course, with the modern quality of printing, you can get almost indistinguishable documents but again, I decided that it`s not a problem to pay for the expedited currier services.

In short, they require the form with the actual real ink signature.

Reactions: mtl-Oct21-2021

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
A-0520-BF
It looks like MIFI doesn`t accept signed and then scanned and then printed documents. There were reports of the scanned and printed copies to be returned. So I didn`t risk on that and used DHL Express to get the documents with original signatures. I even request my wife to include few copies just in case something goes wrong. Of course, with the modern quality of printing, you can get almost indistinguishable documents but again, I decided that it`s not a problem to pay for the expedited currier services.

In short, they require the form with the actual real ink signature.
Thank you! i received email from IRCC federal that everything needs to be submitted by May 3rd and that too all original copy. I have no idea how I will get CSQ and police clearence by May 3rd.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Thank you! i received email from IRCC federal that everything needs to be submitted by May 3rd and that too all original copy. I have no idea how I will get CSQ and police clearence by May 3rd.
I think that a professional advisor might help. I guess they will prepare an explanation letter requesting an extension of the deadline assuming there is a credible explanation as of why you need more time than originally allocated. Unfortunately, I cannot really advise you on that matter as I have no relevant experience but in my opinion you have to at least request all required documents ASAP and send a request for extension to IRCC.