+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSIS and CBSA notes for Background Check

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
today i received my CSIS notes, it is mostly redacted but they did included the request and summary page. from the notes, I understand that they did a routine CSIS check for citizenship (it says Citizenship (Routine) for the name of the request), and they responded before they even requested my fingerprints for RCMP background check. so yeah, at least I know I got nothing to do about CSIS at the moment.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I mean even if I do, it is redacted hahaha, but I guess they would mention or upload an empty page for completely hidden investigations.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
today i received my CSIS notes, it is mostly redacted but they did included the request and summary page. from the notes, I understand that they did a routine CSIS check for citizenship (it says Citizenship (Routine) for the name of the request), and they responded before they even requested my fingerprints for RCMP background check. so yeah, at least I know I got nothing to do about CSIS at the moment.
So, as per these notes, they responded to IRCC with the results = background check completed, (including RCMP criminal record check)
So, what do you think about prohibitions taking time? Again CSIS check for prohibitions or what?

In my family member's case, criminality passed, SS in progress = Background check still in progress
Prohibitions also in progress

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
honestly i don't know why they are still processing my application. I'm e grant DF and a lot of other people are stuck in this status. so it might be related to whatever that is.

Lamzo

Jan 16, 2024
Dears Hi,
please someone to help please. Indeed I received today 16-01-2024 my CSIS notes which show my security screening has been completed since August 2023. all ground passed( eligibility, criminality medical,etc) only background check is in progress. Until now i didn't receive anything from IRRC , I'm so worried

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Dears Hi,
please someone to help please. Indeed I received today 16-01-2024 my CSIS notes which show my security screening has been completed since August 2023. all ground passed( eligibility, criminality medical,etc) only background check is in progress. Until now i didn't receive anything from IRRC , I'm so worried
Do you mean IRCC GCMS notes?

ijaz_ch84

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Dears Hi,
raise webform and ask IRCC to update your BG - probably they missed updating your status even after CSIS provided the clearance.

Lamzo

Jan 16, 2024
ok dear I will raise the web form.
why they didn't advise yet final decision? All steps of eligibility-criminality and medical passed since August 2023. On 10 January 2024, they advised that my application is still under process.
Normally security screening is the last step before the officer advises a final decision right?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
If SS is passed on CSIS , the background check should be completed as well from IRCC side. Call IRCC or raise webform stating that CSIS notes state that Security cleared since Aug 2023. Looks like your file is collecting dust

Lamzo

Jan 16, 2024
Si le SS est transmis au SCRS , la vérification des antécédents doit également être effectuée du côté d'IRCC. Appelez IRCC ou créez un formulaire Web indiquant que les notes du SCRS indiquent que la sécurité a été vérifiée depuis août 2023. On dirait que votre dossier prend la poussière.
[/CITATION] Hi dear , just raise a webform informing IRCC that my security completed since august. waiting thier feedbak

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
So, as per these notes, they responded to IRCC with the results = background check completed, (including RCMP criminal record check)
So, what do you think about prohibitions taking time? Again CSIS check for prohibitions or what?

In my family member's case, criminality passed, SS in progress = Background check still in progress
Prohibitions also in progress
on top of the security and criminality, the prohibitions includes immigration clearnce.