+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSIS and CBSA notes for Background Check

DanyN

Nov 23, 2023
I reached out to my MP 2 times and asked him for help in this matter, but he clearly says he can't follow up with CBSA or escalate the case, he can just provide me with an update on my application, as per my experience it depends on MP, if they are willing to help or not, unfortunately, my area MP is super lazy
IRCC agents don't give much details, but you were lucky that he gave you something atleast
Hi, sorry but could you tell me : what do you mean "my MP"? Thank you!

DanyN

Nov 23, 2023
Did you receive any update? I also got CSIS notes and it says that processing was completed on 4th April and recommendation was sent to CBSA but since then there has been no update what so ever? What does you completion date says? My AOR was 23rd March 2023 and BG check started on 23rd May 2023. its been a year since the Background check went to in Progress.
nothing update! What did you write to ask CSIS and so got the answers like that! I just followed the webform in CSIS's web and they required me to provide more infomation (ID, Case number, passport), and just got the general answer, not mention my case is completed or not..?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
nothing update! What did you write to ask CSIS and so got the answers like that! I just followed the webform in CSIS's web and they required me to provide more infomation (ID, Case number, passport), and just got the general answer, not mention my case is completed or not..?
Did you write to CSIS through a webform? Why didn't you use ATIP on CSIS?

DanyN

Nov 23, 2023
You need to request ATIP notes from CSIS. It takes 1 month for them to reply back but they provide a letter saying if you application is in process or completed.
Here summary what i did request.
I did like this, is it correct? I just followed the instruction on this web site
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
And select CSIS, that led me to CSIS's webform! It also takes 1 month to reply me!
Could you pls show me anything wrong? The most important thing i want to know is my case in progress/or completed/ or ... something.. that is all, but they did not tell me. Thank you very much!

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
if CSIS concluded your security , you will get something like this "
Security Assessments/Advice: CSIS PPU 005 - Some of the information has been exempted from disclosure
by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or
suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act.
We have enclosed the Details page and the Case Conclusion / Recommendation page of your Security
Screening Request Number (SSRN) report which provides the status of your security check.
Your Security Screening case is completed and our recommendation was issued to Canada Border Services
Agency (CBSA) on 2023-12-12."
Hi, what does your cbsa notes says.
does it says . Recieved by cbsa or in progress by cbsa.
I am insecurity check too since 12 july 2023. I recieved csis and cbsa notes both in April. Csis is in process and cbsa notes only shows recieved by cbsa. I am not pretty sure how long it would take for me. Does cbsa notes got changed after vdia completed. Btw which country you from back?

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Hi, what does your cbsa notes says.
does it says . Recieved by cbsa or in progress by cbsa.
I am insecurity check too since 12 july 2023. I recieved csis and cbsa notes both in April. Csis is in process and cbsa notes only shows recieved by cbsa. I am not pretty sure how long it would take for me. Does cbsa notes got changed after vdia completed. Btw which country you from back?
My CBSA notes say in progress by CBSA, but it only happened after I received notes from CSIS that they concluded my security and sent it to CBSA, when CSIS was doing my SS my CBSA notes say received by CBSA,
I am from pakistan

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
My CBSA notes say in progress by CBSA, but it only happened after I received notes from CSIS that they concluded my security and sent it to CBSA, when CSIS was doing my SS my CBSA notes say received by CBSA,
I am from pakistan
Hi, you have any idea why you were sent for screening. In my notes it says integrated search match with same name different date of birth. Do you have any integrated search ?

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Hi, you have any idea why you were sent for screening. In my notes it says integrated search match with same name different date of birth. Do you have any integrated search ?
no I don't have any idea, I don't have any military service or any govt job, neither I traveled for 6 years, so I have no idea why they sent me to ss , and I don't have any integrated search in my cbsa notes

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
I am from pakistan
In my cbsa notes, it says they did search and they found match with same name but different DOB. Moreover, they sent me for A34 comprehensive screening with SII indicator. Funny thing is officer also written that no a34 concerns I m very confused with this processing

• Wow
Reactions: AMD171

DanyN

Nov 23, 2023
I don't have any update Yet,
I applied on 9th march 2022, got AOR in December 2022, feb 28 I passed my eligibility and security starts on the same day,
I ordered GCMS notes from CSIS they conclude my security on 12 December 2023 and send it to CBSA , but since then I am stuck with CBSA , I ordered CBSA notes in march and my security is still in progress with CBSA, since 12 December 2023,
CSIS took 10 months do complete the security now more than 5 months I am stuck with CBSA, I don't know when it will complete
in total 15 month I am in security check
How do you know : "CSIS they conclude my security on 12 December 2023 and send it to CBSA", i ordered CSIS notes but they did not say like that, just say in general only. When ordering What did you chose: My personal information OR None of the above - I am looking for general government records, and next.... Thank you very much!